[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Mithrandelat wrote:
Hey Sovyn,

first of all thanks for this guide.

I would be interested in your Stats atm and your Gear if you Post on Page 1 is not up to date.

Second you inspired me to adapt your Build to my Kind of Playstyle and with your Permission i would post my Tree here so can tell me your thoughts about it and help me improve it.

Regards Mith

Hi Mith. :) You are welcome.

I can already tell you what I'll say - the build in the guide is the best. :)

It's been painstakingly researched and it's the strongest defensively, which is the important thing.

My gear is current -- I am self found, which is harder than playing hardcore really as you NEVER find anything worthy to use.

That said, the strength of the build carried me to end game even with self found restrictions.

As you can see, my current stats are very strong:

Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 5, 2013, 4:18:20 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, i do want to give this build a try, its just that i want the most cost effective one and between the 3 i posted i dont know wish one it is so uf you do know those build and can maje a comparison for me ill appreciate

The first build you mentioned, by boxsalesman, compared to mine, has more limited skill choices, less life, less block, no evasion, no protection vs projectiles, less resists, less attack speed. All those cons for a little buff to AOE area, and a few more underpowered damage nodes. If you want the benefits of Aegis, just use it with my build. If you want Infernal Blow, go right ahead. No reason to use an inferior skill tree just because the poster is better geared than I am.

The second build, by TIURAKH, compared with mine, much less block, much less resists, much less armour, less life leech, no resolute technique so it will miss a lot, in exchange for higher damage and attack speed. This is more of a glass cannon build, which would require top notch gear to survive in the end game.
"

To sum up, if my math is correct, in my case there is no reason not to go Aspect of the Panther over Berserking, given the extra life and movement speed. But, just to make sure, I am gonna wait until I have 3 skill points, put them all at once in the Berserking triplet, check the DPS tooltip, refund, put the 3 refunded point in the AotP triplet, check tooltip and compare.

Cheers to all lazy Pallys.

Thanks for your post.

Did you factor this in? Quote from wiki

"
Mod Stacking

The keywords "More", "Less", "Increased", and "Reduced" indicate how a mod stacks with other mods of the same type.

"Increased" and "Reduced" mean that all applicable mods of that type are added up, then applied. For example, two passives which give "8% Increased Energy Shield" would provide a total of 8 + 8 = 16% Energy Shield

"More" and "Less" mean that that bonus is a multiplier. Effects with "More" or "Less" are rarer and more powerful than "Increased" and "Reduced", and are usually limited to skills, Unique Items, and Keystone Passives. For example, if a player has "30% More Spell Damage on Low Life" from Pain Attunement, as well as "50% More Spell Damage" from Righteous Fire, they will gain a total of 1.5 * 1.3 = 95% more spell damage.

In any case, let us know how your heavy strike tooltip is affected when you try both ways -- I'd still prefer the extra attack speed by far though as you will stun or blind more frequently. I also still think you won't have the motivation to go for Sentinel and the life ring near Scion without Berserking on the way. :)
"
Ishkabibble wrote:

Ok ok guys, my health bar is not broken, sorry but with the way you were going on and on, I just couldn't let it go :) -- Alright, It's called --> "The Sovyn"

What? What's a sovyn?

No! It's --> "The Sovyn"!!

Ishkabibble

Thanks for the story, it gave me a chuckle. :)

As the person said, our gear is not that great, but it's nice to be able to survive end game without having to play the merchant game required to gear most other builds. :)
"
Ishkabibble wrote:

I can say this without reservation, if you will follow this build as it is presented, forget what you think you know, you will end up with probably the best, most fun character you have had to date.

And as stated by the people in the group, you did that with crap gear, no way!

"YES WAY" - The Sovyn way

Ishkabibble

Excellent endorsement. :)

I have to agree, there is probably no other build that can survive end game so cheaply. I read threads on general discussion all the time about 'having' to become a merchant and all the time that entails to gear out a character and the non-viability of playing self found (or close), well, it's just not so. :)
Hey Sovyn, I wanted to say that this is the best character I've played so far. You can start without a penny and still rock. Got to level 83 so far and still follow your skilltree, just went for Sentiel (also playing with the nodes depending on the shield I use ^^) a bit sooner than in your guide but still following. :)

One thing I would love to see, when you add or change the first post, could you make a little notice like "added xyz" or "changed trigger gem setup", so it's easier for the reader to see what changed in the guide.

Ah and another noobish question, how do you link your equipment in the forum/post, didn't find the answer so far in this forum.

Thanks in advance~
"
Hilldeamon wrote:
Hey Sovyn, I wanted to say that this is the best character I've played so far. You can start without a penny and still rock. Got to level 83 so far and still follow your skilltree, just went for Sentiel (also playing with the nodes depending on the shield I use ^^) a bit sooner than in your guide but still following. :)

One thing I would love to see, when you add or change the first post, could you make a little notice like "added xyz" or "changed trigger gem setup", so it's easier for the reader to see what changed in the guide.

Ah and another noobish question, how do you link your equipment in the forum/post, didn't find the answer so far in this forum.

Thanks in advance~

Hi Hilldeamon. :) Glad you are enjoying the build.

I'll keep your suggestion on formatting in mind. I usually post when I make a major change but I know those can get lost quickly.

To link gear, when composing a forum post, you first click where you want the gear linked in your post. Then, you just click your avatar (your character) in the upper left-hand corner of the screen then click the piece of gear you want linked, and a small line of code will appear in your post. When submitted, your post will then have the item pictured.
How did you link your stat sheets
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Hey I'm a new player and I really like this build.

I'm 56 on my hardcore templar and just entered merciless. The problem is that my gear isn't really up to snuff, especially my shield. In your guide you mention a lvl 46 shield to start crafting with.

Do I have to go back and find a shield like that or will I find something on my lvl that would suffice?
NVM
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Dec 5, 2013, 6:42:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info