[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
jankkish wrote:
Really happy with this build so far. Soon merciless though, so I'll update how that goes.. ^^

Welcome jankkish, I'm glad the guide has been helpful to you. :)
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
any link to a video plz?

Howdy xenochaos1. There are many links to videos in the third post from the top, on page one.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hello to every lazy Pally out there! I very recently finished the 3 difficulties of the game following this guide almost 100% for my first ever character (at level 67, I am currently level 68). It is a very nice guide and I enjoyed my Pally so far.

Hail GermanosKaraflas! Thanks for the detailed feedback and entertaining read there.

Nice chest armour. I do think 30% movement speed boots are almost required. :)

I did notice that your weapon really needs upgrading for end game, it is only 185 DPS. Upgrading that to something end game viable (250+, but more is better) will make a nice difference on your double strike or heavy strike. Quality really helps on these attack skill gems as well.

Remember, if you are willing to depart from ground slam, you are not locked into a mace, so you could look at axes or swords (siege axe or corsair sword are the most common high DPS choices).

I have never experienced objectionable desync with heavy strike but some folks have mentioned it as an issue.

One nice thing about the build is you can use whatever attack skill suits you -- lots of them just won't feel right.

Hi Sovyn, thanks or the reply. Yeah, I have to admit that besides the 120 alts spent on the (failed) ring and the regaling of the shield (got the walling + life mods after 2 alts, I was OMFG!, and I decided to regal it on the spot so that the RNG jesus would do me justice...) I can't say I have been unlucky with alching whites, which is all of my current gear except for the boots, which, as I mentioned, were a straight drop from Piety, and ammy, mana leech ring and weapon (honestly I think I like the gloves the most, 600 armor on just a pair of gloves is crazy). As for the weapon, I am really hesitating to try to alch a white, both flat and % dmg seem necessary on a weapon, but it feels difficult to get them both, although I haven't tried to craft one yet.

Now a question regarding the build. Why do you opt for Berserking + 2 att. speed nodes instead of the Aspect of the Panther + 2 att. speed nodes on the Ranger side of the tree, to which one has straighter access once Ondar's guile is taken? Is 21% increased attack speed that much better than 14% increased att. speed, 16% increased 1h dmg, 10 life and 4% movement speed? I am really inclined to go the Aspect of the Panther way, but I would like to hear your opinion. Of course one could pick all 6 nodes, but that is not the point, I want to have the option to pick 3 dmg nodes and not 6.

Cheers
"

Now a question regarding the build. Why do you opt for Berserking + 2 att. speed nodes instead of the Aspect of the Panther + 2 att. speed nodes on the Ranger side of the tree, to which one has straighter access once Ondar's guile is taken? Is 21% increased attack speed that much better than 14% increased att. speed, 16% increased 1h dmg, 10 life and 4% movement speed? I am really inclined to go the Aspect of the Panther way, but I would like to hear your opinion. Of course one could pick all 6 nodes, but that is not the point, I want to have the option to pick 3 dmg nodes and not 6.

Cheers

I think going with Berserking helps justify going up for Sentinel and Path of the Warrior later. Also, 7% attack speed is more DPS than 16% damage.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Also, 7% attack speed is more DPS than 16% damage.

Hey Sovyn, I 'll stick with your choice then. Gonna search for the dmg formulas to verify it. Thanks for your advice and the fast reply,

Cheers
"
Gonna search for the dmg formulas to verify it.

Great! Let us know what you find out, either way. Remember though that that node on the tree is "increased physical damage" which is much different (worse) than, for example, "more Melee Physical Damage" such as found on the Melee Physical Damage support gem. :)
and guys what DPS can you achieve with this build?
with only :

Physical Damage
165% increased Melee Physical Damage

and he only have a 185 PDPS weapon.... i dont know he has what maybe 2K dps....
how do you play endgame with 2K dps?...

is it possible to achieve 15K dps with this build?
if not do you have any build that can achieve 15K dps wish is ultra tanky too?!
Last edited by XenoChaos2 on Dec 4, 2013, 3:48:15 PM
"
XenoChaos2 wrote:
and guys what DPS can you achieve with this build?
with only :

Physical Damage
165% increased Melee Physical Damage

and he only have a 185 PDPS weapon.... i dont know he has what maybe 2K dps....
how do you play endgame with 2K dps?...

is it possible to achieve 15K dps with this build?
if not do you have any build that can achieve 15K dps wish is ultra tanky too?!

Hello XenoChaos2, Thanks for posting.

I do about 5k DPS.

But, I am self found. You can do better. I've played other popular melee builds and I actually do less DPS with those self found.

As with any build, it's all about gear.

We have lazy pallies (this build) that do anywhere from 15K - 30K DPS with top gear. It's all in the thread if you care to read the many pages.

You can do good DPS just following my guide and reading the rich people's sections. I want the guide to be accessible to the new player, that's why it's written the way it is -- you can literally do end game content with less than 1 ex worth of gear (as I am) because it's so tanky. To shine DPS wise, you need to invest, as with any build.
thanks for the reply,

do you have any link to a build just a bit less tanky and a bit more dps wise?

"
XenoChaos2 wrote:
thanks for the reply,

do you have any link to a build just a bit less tanky and a bit more dps wise?

Not really, as other melee builds that claim high DPS that I have tried fail to outdamage my lazy pally when played strictly self found.

Also, the tankiness of this build is required for end game, I would not want to try playing less tanky.

That said, perhaps a ranged or summoner build is more for you. It's possible they can do acceptable damage for lower cost than a melee build can.

By the way, I kill Merciless Piety in 1 minute flat. That's not too bad. There's a video on the first page.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info