[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:

There really are not any good 1-handed unique weapons for the mid levels. Maybe Mightflay if you can meet its dex/int requirements.

I'd suggest getting a decent rare Tomahawk axe with the best percentage physical, flat physical bonus and attack speed that you can.

Thanks, I'm pretty new to the game. Any suggestions on how I may be able to go about doing this? Sorry for the dumb questions.
"
Widgetworks wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

There really are not any good 1-handed unique weapons for the mid levels. Maybe Mightflay if you can meet its dex/int requirements.

I'd suggest getting a decent rare Tomahawk axe with the best percentage physical, flat physical bonus and attack speed that you can.

Thanks, I'm pretty new to the game. Any suggestions on how I may be able to go about doing this? Sorry for the dumb questions.

There are many shops in the trade forums. Make sure you check the ones for the right league. Look for cheap shops. If you want to speed things up, you can Google for POE item search and there are several websites. The one at xyz is pretty good.

You can figure out the DPS of a weapon by adding together all of the damage numbers, then divide by two, then multiply by the attack speed.

Here's a weapon I found in early cruel that lasted me quite a long time:

As you can see (get out your calculator), it is 156 DPS. I consider this to be a good example of a mid level weapon for the build.
That weapon requires 56 dex and I'm about 6 levels from being able to put any passives into dex, where are you getting the dex points to use these weapons?
"
Widgetworks wrote:
That weapon requires 56 dex and I'm about 6 levels from being able to put any passives into dex, where are you getting the dex points to use these weapons?

At that time I had temporarily spec'd Precision and wore an Onyx amulet (pre nerf). A jade amulet perhaps.
Hi and thanks for answering me in other topic. How well this build would work with Marauder or is Templar just the best option?
What about using frenzy for dpsing? I could grab frenzy charges. Im just wondering if I could do more dps with frenzy than heavy strike
Reporting in, just for the hell of it. Going through Act 1 cruel and almost fell asleep fighting Brutus, he could barely damage me. Used maybe one health pot. Good stuff.
"
Possu81 wrote:
Hi and thanks for answering me in other topic. How well this build would work with Marauder or is Templar just the best option?

It's been carefully evaluated several times and Templar is best. :)
"
1Waffle wrote:
What about using frenzy for dpsing? I could grab frenzy charges. Im just wondering if I could do more dps with frenzy than heavy strike

You can try it -- in my testing, Frenzy was unimpressive. I did not bother to level it up or support it very well though. I did not take the extra frenzy charges on the tree either. I do like swinging fast, but with Heavy Strike for the stun. Seems to keep monster packs at bay very effectively.
"
Firderis wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Firderis wrote:

Thx, a nice video. If I may recommend for the future, show your lifepoints and the difficulty. I trust you, but it would be more informable

Actually, the difficulty is visible for a moment when I turned on the map. :)

My bad then, me culpa :)

And dead, hit by ONE hammer from Vaal. Had 2'900 lifepoints, blockchance was 70%. Couldn't move, an other player blocked me (and died at the same hammer). Well, that was it :(

You need a rapid movement ability to get clear of that regardless of being blocked in, leap slam or shield charge.

That hammer hit (along with dominous touch of god) are essentially one hit deaths on merciless unless you have ridiculously high armour mit/HP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info