[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
To all - I decided since it's been months since I posted a video update, I'd post a Merciless Piety run. I was not even trying here -- it's just a random video, not hand picked, not perfect -- but I took nearly zero damage as you will see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_TzYBDwq2k

Thx, a nice video. If I may recommend for the future, show your lifepoints and the difficulty. I trust you, but it would be more informable

"
Saviourself wrote:
I can't recommend Ondar's enough, it's the cat's meow for survivability in any scenario where there are projectiles.

Thx for the feedback. Will build it up :)
Last edited by Firderis on Nov 29, 2013, 1:06:00 AM
"
Firderis wrote:

Thx, a nice video. If I may recommend for the future, show your lifepoints and the difficulty. I trust you, but it would be more informable

Actually, the difficulty is visible for a moment when I turned on the map. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Firderis wrote:

Actually, the difficulty is visible for a moment when I turned on the map. :)

My bad then, me culpa :)

And dead, hit by ONE hammer from Vaal. Had 2'900 lifepoints, blockchance was 70%. Couldn't move, an other player blocked me (and died at the same hammer). Well, that was it :(
"
Firderis wrote:

If you, cauepor, have enough coldresistence, try instead of Lunaris the Catacombs (entry by the waypoint at the marketplace). It's the perfect levelspot and better then the Docks or Lunaris. Otherwise take the Docks, but then you should control your fireresistence. "Enough" means, watch the dmg you will take. Is it too much, take more resistence or change the place. Catacombs = cold/physical, Docks = fire/physical, Lunaris fire/physical (rathter unsure) :)

I will remember that Firderis! This weekend i will have the chance to play, i will try lunaris for a bit, just to see how the damage goes, if too hard, i will move to catacombs!! Tks 4 the support guys.

PS: sorry 4 your death man! i hope that the force is with u!!!
I'm running this with a 1h mace and using ground slam. Picked up a 5 link astal plate.

Ground slam- faster attacks- inc melee dam- added fire dam- end charge on melee stun

tons of endurance charges from ground slam and then I can pop immortal call.

My son says I don't kill the mobs, they die of exhaustion from swinging at me.

Thanks for posting. I love this build.
"
Firderis wrote:

And dead, hit by ONE hammer from Vaal. Had 2'900 lifepoints, blockchance was 70%. Couldn't move, an other player blocked me (and died at the same hammer). Well, that was it :(

Sorry to hear that Firderis! In merciless, the only way for most melee players without a legacy Kaom's Heart or a great Immortal Call setup to survive Vaal is to avoid the smash by running around to his back in a tight circle when the mace arm is raised (or use a movement skill, whichever is more comfortable). The smash can hit for 12,000 or more on a crit, which is only slightly mitigated by armour. Enfeeble is a must. It's also evadeable and blockable, but don't take the chance.
"
Arondos wrote:
I'm running this with a 1h mace and using ground slam. Picked up a 5 link astal plate.

Ground slam- faster attacks- inc melee dam- added fire dam- end charge on melee stun

tons of endurance charges from ground slam and then I can pop immortal call.

My son says I don't kill the mobs, they die of exhaustion from swinging at me.

Thanks for posting. I love this build.

Thanks for posting your success story, Arondos. :)
Hello all.
Just wanted to say - if someone playing on Domination - inv me =) I'll glad to do maps with other pally-bro.
IGN "BomjMkTri", 75 lvl.
I've got a little question, does Ethereal Knives would work with this build, since it does physical damage ?
"
Kuchiha wrote:
I've got a little question, does Ethereal Knives would work with this build, since it does physical damage ?

Hello Kuchiha. :)

EK is a spell and not an attack, so things become tricky. For example, any nodes we take with the words melee or attack in them would not work for sure.

You would use a wand with high spell damage mod and a shield with a high spell damage mod and high blocking.

You would need faster projectiles and mana leech supports, and even then I'm not sure you could keep up with a leveled up EK as it's mana draw is large.

I think it would become a completely different build. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info