[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
MildlyClever wrote:

I am happy - didnt expect a 5L till level 60 or so :)

Definitely good luck to find a 5-link on a vendor. :) Also lucky to find someone to trade 1:1. Good job!
Hi Sovyn,

I'm running your build on nemesis, and my templar are in lv 37. I'm quite new in the game(3 weeks i think), i start to play with more 2 friends but they die pretty fast in nemesis, around lv 41 on dominus act 3!

I'm still lv 37 and i just arrive lunaris temple. My stuff is just self-founding too (even if i not am a self-found i don't have the itens to trade).

My question is, you have some tip to do this ending on act 3(lunaris + dominus)? I don't wanna die KKKK, but i'm having big trouble with projectiles, i take much dmg, molten shell don't work against that!

PS: Sorry 4 the english mistakes, not my primary language!
Thx again for all the infos. I have some kind of a "luxury problem". I was unbelieveble lucky and get some "core items":

With the individual actual build at lvl 59 I have a block chance of 66%, means 12% more and I would be at the cap. With 4 simple skillpoints I would reach it immedatly, without any other points to spend and have the maingoal of the build. My "luxury problem" is, in reason that I don't have to take the "long way" to the right side of the talentsheet, all to "Weapon Artistry", I have more or less all paths open.

My mainquestion right now would be, what is the cap for "block recovery"? And would it make sense to spend some points for it?
My actual block and stunrecovery is 78%. Or what way would you recommend with all the open points I still have?

I play hardcore nemesis. Right now at lvl 59 I have over 2'890 lifepoints, liferegenartion is over 105. My resistances in merciless are as follows: fire 47%/light 75%/cold 75%, chaos -40%. My DPS with heavy strike (lvl 14) would be 1'987.

There is still a lot of room for improving, I know. Some of the gems are just used to lvl up and wait for ther call to duty. And most recommended skills I don't have yet :)
"
cauepor wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

I'm running your build on nemesis, and my templar are in lv 37. I'm quite new in the game(3 weeks i think), i start to play with more 2 friends but they die pretty fast in nemesis, around lv 41 on dominus act 3!

I'm still lv 37 and i just arrive lunaris temple. My stuff is just self-founding too (even if i not am a self-found i don't have the itens to trade).

My question is, you have some tip to do this ending on act 3(lunaris + dominus)? I don't wanna die KKKK, but i'm having big trouble with projectiles, i take much dmg, molten shell don't work against that!

Hi cauepor. :)

Make sure to over level for the area you are doing. Keep leveling up until the experience is getting very slow in Lunaris before attempting Piety.

You need to get your life as high as you can and have some instant life flasks per the guide. You won't be getting Ondar's for normal Piety (which helps in Merciless), so you will just be relying on block and life. Max out your elemental resists too, this is easy to do in normal.

These are basic gearing problems that anyone playing POE will run into. I'm sure you can do it. :)

For Dominus, you should not attempt him solo as he is a big, big step up in difficulty from the rest of the game. Best to go with people who are easily farming him. Run around behind Dominus when he is making ready his fist smash in the first form. Make sure to have 75 lightning resist for his first form, and have two staunching flasks for his second form and use one when he is bleeding you. Again, you need to be way over leveled and very, very well geared for this, especially in hardcore. That will be the case in any build. If you have not ever done Dominus, you need to do it in standard league many times for practice until you can do it 100% without dying before attempting him in hardcore, it would be suicide if you don't know the ropes as he is a very tricky encounter.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 28, 2013, 1:50:18 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
cauepor wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Make sure to over level for the area you are doing. Keep leveling up until the experience is getting very slow in Lunaris before attempting Piety.

You need to get your life as high as you can and have some instant life flasks per the guide. You won't be getting Ondar's for normal Piety (which helps in Merciless), so you will just be relying on block and life. Max out your elemental resists too, this is easy to do in normal.

These are basic gearing problems that anyone playing POE will run into. I'm sure you can do it. :)

For Dominus, you should not attempt him solo as he is a big, big step up in difficulty from the rest of the game. Best to go with people who are easily farming him. Run around behind Dominus when he is making ready his fist smash in the first form. Make sure to have 75 lightning resist for his first form, and have two staunching flasks for his second form and use one when he is bleeding you. Again, you need to be way over leveled and very, very well geared for this, especially in hardcore. That will be the case in any build. If you have not ever done Dominus, you need to do it in standard league many times for practice until you can do it 100% without dying before attempting him in hardcore, it would be suicide if you don't know the ropes as he is a very tricky encounter.

Tks 4 the hope, i will ensure to do many times as I can the lunaris temple! I think if i have staunching flask + full res i can do it with some gear upgrade! i don't have multistrike yet, just heavy atack + melee physical dmg, so maybe I need farm a little more to get at least that! Unfortunaly i don't have more friends online so i suppose i will just try get some random party to try to do that! I no have time to play in softcore and hardcore same time, so i hope i can handle with this bastard without practincing a lot! wish me lucky guys!! KKK

Tks 4 the answers Sovyn!
"
Firderis wrote:

My mainquestion right now would be, what is the cap for "block recovery"? And would it make sense to spend some points for it? My actual block and stunrecovery is 78%. Or what way would you recommend with all the open points I still have?

Block recovery is a waste of points, Firderis. :)

You need Weapon Artistry and Ondar's Guile anyway. There are too many benefits there to pass up. You can spec out of block nodes that don't give you other benefits (like Bulwark and any plain 2% nodes) if you are over the cap.

I'd replace weapon elemental damage (gem linked to heavy strike) with melee physical damage when you can.
"
Sovyn wrote:

If you, cauepor, have enough coldresistence, try instead of Lunaris the Catacombs (entry by the waypoint at the marketplace). It's the perfect levelspot and better then the Docks or Lunaris. Otherwise take the Docks, but then you should control your fireresistence. "Enough" means, watch the dmg you will take. Is it too much, take more resistence or change the place. Catacombs = cold/physical, Docks = fire/physical, Lunaris fire/physical (rathter unsure) :)

"
Sovyn wrote:
Block recovery is a waste of points, Firderis. :)

Good to know, thx!

"
You need Weapon Artistry and Ondar's Guile anyway. There are too many benefits there to pass up.

The thing behind "Ondar's Guile" I can understand. It would costs 10 points to get it, and I still think about it. Where could I actualy see my chance to avoid projectils anyway? So I can image my benefit from this 10 points :)

But the big point behind "Weapon Artistry" is something I can't see right now. I can reach Weapon Mastery easy somewhere else faster and cheaper. Blockchance is no more needed. And 20 Dexterity can't be the maingoal, either the 60% more armor from shield. The points which leads to "Weapon Artistry" are full with blockchances, where I would be at the cap anyway, and some small dexpoints to get there. The 60% increased defences from shields sounds nice, but I don't think I will found a better shield then I have alrdy. And that thing have 40 evasion...All together, it's a 8 pointroad for more or less expensives costs and small benefits. As a hardcoreplayer I have to think about the next hour, and reach lvl 90 would be alrdy a big surprise for me anyway. So every point at the talentsheet is a big gift for me :D

"
I'd replace weapon elemental damage (gem linked to heavy strike) with melee physical damage when you can.

Ah, thx. The gem is new, I totaly forgot about to relink it.
Last edited by Firderis on Nov 28, 2013, 4:24:30 PM
"
Firderis wrote:

But the big point behind "Weapon Artistry" is something I can't see right now. I can reach Weapon Mastery easy somewhere else faster and cheaper. Blockchance is no more needed. And 20 Dexterity can't be the maingoal, either the 60% more armor from shield. The points which leads to "Weapon Artistry" are full with blockchances, where I would be at the cap anyway, and some small dexpoints to get there. The 60% increased defences from shields sounds nice, but I don't think I will found a better shield then I have alrdy. And that thing have 40 evasion...All together, it's a 8 pointroad for more or less expensives costs and small benefits. As a hardcoreplayer I have to think about the next hour, and reach lvl 90 would be alrdy a big surprise for me anyway. So every point at the talentsheet is a big gift for me :D

For projectile evasion with Ondar's, it's as simple as doubling your evade chance.

Here are my current stats.....

Since my chance to evade is 39%, then my projectile evade chance is 78%.

As the guide says, the best shield for the build is a high evasion shield. The increased defenses from equipped shield are then very valuable.

It is difficult to do better than the ranger area.... here are the total stats you get:

- 140 dex which is a lot of evasion, and useful to equip gear and gems

- 62% increased maximum life

- Ondar's, which is very valuable vs. most chaos damage and any projectile

- 60% increased defenses from equipped shield which raises evasion exponentially with an endgame shield

- 10% block which you won't need to get elsewhere (saving 5-6 points, approx.)

- 30% physical damage

Starting at the Templar area, it would be a challenge to beat the above total stats for 24 nodes minus whatever savings from not taking blocking elsewhere in your case. Ondar's is the big one of course. I do think you will find Crest is unfortunately not good enough for endgame due to low defenses on it. You may get some use out of it for now as I gather you are still in the midgame.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 28, 2013, 5:13:24 PM
To all - I decided since it's been months since I posted a video update, I'd post a Merciless Piety run. I was not even trying here -- it's just a random video, not hand picked, not perfect -- but I took nearly zero damage as you will see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_TzYBDwq2k
I can't recommend Ondar's enough, it's the cat's meow for survivability in any scenario where there are projectiles.

I've done yellow maps where all mobs are ranged and they cast projectile weakness + I'm vulnerable, and I take almost no damage... My current EV is slightly over projected (45%) which means 90% evading projectiles (I believe 95% is the cap on evading?). And since most projectile mobs have low HP, it's a murder fest of running around destroying everything.

Chaos cobras? Meh, barely even touch you. Archers with extra projectiles, lol, makes nice arrow patterns on the wall but not good for much else...

I gave up 500 HP to respect to get Ondar's earlier and I survive better now than I did with over 3k HP and no Ondar's. With Stone of Laz for spellblock (I think it's the one obligatory unique for this build as spell dmg even at max resists is it's one weakness), and max block/high armour for physical, you're covering all bases.

If you don't like it, it's relatively cheap to back out of (presuming you've saved your respect points, if not it'll cost you a few regrets), and the block/dmg nodes above it are well worth getting anyway, so you'll only need to back out 4-5 nodes iirc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info