[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Creative123 wrote:
It may have already been answered, but I couldn't find it.

Under Triggers you say I should level Molten Shell up to level 8, is this only for when I have all the other gems to go along with it? I only have Molten Shell and none of the others, should I keep it at level 8, or keep pumping it up?

I'm very new to the game, so apologies for any silly questions. =)

Hail, Creative123. =)

If you are using molten shell separately and it will be quite some time before you find cast when damage taken (quest reward from late act 3 merciless), go ahead and level it up and use it manually if you like. It will add some good armour when active. You will need to find another molten shell gem during your travels for use later with cast when damage taken.
Hi Sovyn,

I currently lvl 50, in Cruel Act 3, and using your guide, except i also have "Blood magic" passive.
This also makes me not running any auras, due to their reserved mana (which uses my HP pool now).
My question is, when do i have to shift over and use auras ? (ish) i know its a gear dependent question, but if one have mediocre to bad gear, when do you suggest to implement auras into the build?
"
clogman wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

I currently lvl 50, in Cruel Act 3, and using your guide, except i also have "Blood magic" passive.
This also makes me not running any auras, due to their reserved mana (which uses my HP pool now).
My question is, when do i have to shift over and use auras ? (ish) i know its a gear dependent question, but if one have mediocre to bad gear, when do you suggest to implement auras into the build?

Hello clogman. :)

I never suggest getting the blood magic keystone. We need our auras.

So, as soon as you get a mana leech item, go ahead and respec out of that. You will then have to tweak your skill supports to stay within a certain mana budget. Or, you can link a mana leech (preferable) or blood magic support gem to your attack skill. Any of these approaches will work, there are pros and cons to each. The keystone though has a con we can't live with - no auras.
"
shyftyx wrote:

Personally, if you're just starting out, I recommend getting a Crest of Perandus from other players. Prices range from 1 alchemy to 1 chaos from what I have seen. This shield will last you quite awhile; in fact, I still use one at the moment. You won't feel the need to upgrade it until late into Merciless, and even then, you may be fine with it if the rest of your gears are on par.

"
Sovyn wrote:

Hello Gunseng. :)

I think 50 may be a little bit unlucky unless your buckler has an ilevel lower than 10 which is the minimum for Intercepting. Higher ilevel is preferable of course.

You could take the Precision node and spec out of it later when you reach the ranger area on the passive tree. I think I got that and an amulet with 20 dex on it (pre-nerf Onyx I suppose) to hold me over.

The advice above about Crest of Perandus for the early to mid game is good as well.

Thanks to both of you. I bought a Crest of Perandus and it seems to be worth its money (1 Chaos + 1 Alch in Domination).
"
Gunseng wrote:

Thanks to both of you. I bought a Crest of Perandus and it seems to be worth its money (1 Chaos + 1 Alch in Domination).

Glad it's an improvement for you. :) I tweaked the wording in the guide just slightly to indicate how good Crest is in the early to mid game (mid game is everything up to Merciless Piety in my estimation).
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
clogman wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Hello clogman. :)

I never suggest getting the blood magic keystone. We need our auras.

So, as soon as you get a mana leech item, go ahead and respec out of that. You will then have to tweak your skill supports to stay within a certain mana budget. Or, you can link a mana leech (preferable) or blood magic support gem to your attack skill. Any of these approaches will work, there are pros and cons to each. The keystone though has a con we can't live with - no auras.

Hi Sovyn,

Thanks for your reply :)
I know your guide doesn't mention the passive skill Blood Magic, i kind of got that one before using your guide, my bad :)
I am very happy with it though, and i dread the moment i have to respec out of it :)
But thank you for your advice, much appreciated.
"
clogman wrote:

I know your guide doesn't mention the passive skill Blood Magic, i kind of got that one before using your guide, my bad :)
I am very happy with it though, and i dread the moment i have to respec out of it :)
But thank you for your advice, much appreciated.

No problem.

I can't imagine going into a harder map without determination and grace up, but maybe if I had much better gear than I have now. :)

You could manually cast a leveled up molten shell and try your best to keep it up, and use granite flasks, but you would need a heck of a shield to get enough evasion. Me, I can stack all of those things if I want to on top of the boost the auras provide, which is definitely the best.

Not saying you can't make it work though, it's your character.
hey mate, would you recommend this to a complete new player?
"
chocolateman wrote:

I'll recommend, because I am new player too (today it'll be a month since i start playing) and I enjoy this build very much! First time i died only on Dominus on normal because i didn't know all his moves.
Try Double Strike or Infernal Blow if you have desync issues with Heavy Strike as i have.
Last edited by Lantan57 on Nov 26, 2013, 1:15:16 PM
"
chocolateman wrote:

Yes, as the build can be geared cheaply, and a highly defensive build is a good way to discover the mechanics of the game. Don't try hardcore on your first play through though.

Welcome. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info