[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Step88 wrote:
First of all thank you Sovyn for your effort, this thread really helped me a lot as a new player.

Hail, Step88. I'm glad the guide was helpful for you! :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Step88 wrote:
First of all thank you Sovyn for your effort, this thread really helped me a lot as a new player.

It helped me alot too since i started playing like 2 weeks ago.
I first started a marauder, and pick basically my own build. Ofcourse later on i began to have some survival issues...

So started over using your build and around like level 45 i also notice i have to be cautious with some packs.

Is there a certain level this build really starts to shine or is it really gear depended all the way?
"
Bloemist wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Step88 wrote:

It helped me alot too since i started playing like 2 weeks ago.
I first started a marauder, and pick basically my own build. Ofcourse later on i began to have some survival issues...

So started over using your build and around like level 45 i also notice i have to be cautious with some packs.

Is there a certain level this build really starts to shine or is it really gear depended all the way?

Hello Bloemist. :) Any build will be a bit gear dependent but this one can be geared for nearly zero cost, unlike most. :) The essentials are all outlined in the guide, but basically, you should be able to find gear to piece together your max resistances, and an acceptable shield can be crafted with alts which are pretty much free just by ID'ing and selling your drops. Usually a shortfall in survivability is just progressing too fast without even trying for upgrades or not following the guide too well and ending up with not enough block.
"
Sovyn wrote:

I'm strictly self found too, so not much chance of a BoR unfortunately. I've tried a bunch of chance orbs. I do some Piety runs occasionally, I understand she can drop it. Not counting on it though.

I've accumulated a ton of orbs of alchemy over time just by vendoring all the yellow and blue items I've identified and don't need. Those fragments really add up.

And I've spent a lot of them over time at that.

Siege axes are a very common drop. My point is, for self found I think our best chance to get a good weapon is just to keep hitting Siege Axes with alchemy. It's a slim gamble, but eventually something over 250 DPS crops up. Obviously the alt/regal then exalted/eternal crafting system is not available to self found players.

Good call - although I've already been doing this, albeit on a smaller scale, since I tend to do this only with white loot of high itemlevels. But hey, that's how I ended up with my current axe (:

I will try replacing Melee Splash with something else for my AoE Double Strike link, since I already have Multistrike linked to it. If it works out as expected, I should get a decent damage boost. Didn't know why I forgot about this earlier. Thanks!
xeroslash - One-Hand/Shield Lightning Strike Templar
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/75285
Last edited by shyftyx on Nov 23, 2013, 1:58:26 AM
How do you deal with a group of mop ?

Using Heavy strike to kill it one by one is too slow.
Hi,

first of all, thanks for the great guide! I am currently in Act 3 Cruel and recently tried to craft a better shield. As I do not have enough dex for a Corrugate Buckler yet, I tried to create a Hammered Buckler with the Intercepting Suffix. I blew about 50 Alts, but never encountered the desired suffix. Was I just unlucky or is it simply impossible for the buckler to have this suffix?

Regards,

Gunseng
Last edited by Gunseng on Nov 24, 2013, 11:08:08 AM
"
AItima wrote:

You can use the Melee Splash support gem with single-target skills for your group needs.

"
Gunseng wrote:
Hi,

first of all, thanks for the great guide! I am currently in Act 3 Cruel and recently tried to craft a better shield. As I do not have enough dex for a Corrugate Buckler yet, I tried to create a Hammered Buckler with the Intercepting Suffix. I blew about 50 Alts, but never encountered the desired suffix. Was I just unlucky or is it simply impossible for the buckler to have this suffix?

Regards,

Gunseng

Personally, if you're just starting out, I recommend getting a Crest of Perandus from other players. Prices range from 1 alchemy to 1 chaos from what I have seen. This shield will last you quite awhile; in fact, I still use one at the moment. You won't feel the need to upgrade it until late into Merciless, and even then, you may be fine with it if the rest of your gears are on par.
xeroslash - One-Hand/Shield Lightning Strike Templar
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/75285
It may have already been answered, but I couldn't find it.

Under Triggers you say I should level Molten Shell up to level 8, is this only for when I have all the other gems to go along with it? I only have Molten Shell and none of the others, should I keep it at level 8, or keep pumping it up?

I'm very new to the game, so apologies for any silly questions. =)
"
AItima wrote:

It is indeed too slow until you get multistrike linked up to it and perhaps faster attacks as well, along with a fast weapon as I recommend in the guide. Berserking is good too. Then there will be nothing slow about it.

Until then, Infernal Blow, or splash with HS or DS would work, albeit much harder to keep your mana up.
"
Gunseng wrote:
Hi,

Regards,

Gunseng

Hello Gunseng. :)

I think 50 may be a little bit unlucky unless your buckler has an ilevel lower than 10 which is the minimum for Intercepting. Higher ilevel is preferable of course.

You could take the Precision node and spec out of it later when you reach the ranger area on the passive tree. I think I got that and an amulet with 20 dex on it (pre-nerf Onyx I suppose) to hold me over.

The advice above about Crest of Perandus for the early to mid game is good as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info