[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
nbriles2000 wrote:

I feel like my enduring cry/ molten shell NEVER go off! It kinda sucks =/
I think i'm going to hunt around for a helm to finish capping my resists and getting some more life. You think my armor is ok?

Everything seems to have enough armour on it except for the gloves/belt. I know it would be hard to replace the belt with one with all that plus armour.

Your first trigger gem is too high, level 2 is better... you can scour it down to level two and it will go off more.

What I was trying to get at earlier is you might want to try a different attack in your 5L, perhaps one with a built in AOE (Reave, Ground Slam, Cleave) and move the HS to 4L gloves and move your auras to the the shield (no real need for tempest). That might help you keep up with your mana as splash is too costly for what little it does.
"
smarrigrotta wrote:
So... quick question: the OP is updated and I can follow that build, it's viable today? Or is the OP's updated builds in another post? THanks

Everything is in the very first post of this thread, smarrigrotta. No need to read anything else. Enjoy!
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
smarrigrotta wrote:
So... quick question: the OP is updated and I can follow that build, it's viable today? Or is the OP's updated builds in another post? THanks

Everything is in the very first post of this thread, smarrigrotta. No need to read anything else. Enjoy!

thanks
Sovyn,

Do you think my current weapon is end-game material? I bought it recently for a fortune (well, my fortune, 2 ex). Doing rapid damage and with it I'm running the likes of Catacombs and the Library with relative ease.

What are your feelings about using the haste aura for the lazy pally? Am using it and find the boost to attacking, casting and moving speed pretty great. Running determination and haste atm, with grace as a backup.

"
Quixote77 wrote:
Sovyn,

Do you think my current weapon is end-game material? I bought it recently for a fortune (well, my fortune, 2 ex). Doing rapid damage and with it I'm running the likes of Catacombs and the Library with relative ease.

What are your feelings about using the haste aura for the lazy pally? Am using it and find the boost to attacking, casting and moving speed pretty great. Running determination and haste atm, with grace as a backup.

Hello Quixote77, the weapon is 276 DPS, which is alright, but you will need better to do high maps. You can get better (290-310 approx.) for 2ex if you are patient.

Always use a calculator and figure out the DPS before buying, or it is displayed on the item search websites.

Haste is fine if you don't need grace. However, your evasion should be 30% at least to drop grace.
Just wanted to share some things I tried out. Anyone try using rathpith + sin trek (to help with the massive int requirement of rathpith) instead of their shield and rainbowstride? I was looking at the possibility of getting both max physical and spell block (75/75) and with that change, I was also able to increase ES to 900. Just have to get better belts as the resists are slightly off. The only downside is that my armor took a hit from 63% with determination to 29% lol. But once molten is up, it goes back to 40+% Can't recall the exact figure.

Anyway, I tried running around and testing the build and one thing is for sure, the cast when damage taken fires off much more now lol but the blood-drinker node keeps it back up right away. Ran a temple map with crazy mods and piety went down much faster now with the higher spell block and es.

Just wondering if any of you ever tried going this route.
Hi there. I've got a question. Is this build viable for a new, hardcore player? If yes, could you tell me attack gems combination? I'm still quite confused with that... Should I be focused on only one gem or two?
Thanks for your answers.
Last edited by Nakhaght on Nov 17, 2013, 11:58:07 AM
Hello! Just starting out in this game and wondering if it is viable to go with HS and cyclone or maybe even cyclone only? or would you recommend just HS (cyclone is my favorite spell so far :P)

Thanks for a great guide!
Last edited by Weidi on Nov 17, 2013, 1:17:21 PM
Heres a update on my Lazy Pally

(GEAR)

I would like to know if my weapon is good for like 75+ maps or should I get a better one? I bought this weapon for like 3 GCP way back in Merc Act 2

Anyways thanks againfor the great guide.
"
DrewC wrote:
Anyone try using rathpith + sin trek (to help with the massive int requirement of rathpith) instead of their shield and rainbowstride?

Interesting idea. I've seen that shield before but I did not think we can use it because of the low block and the fact that we don't get too much out of ES.

Not to say it could not work. :)

Thanks for the ideas anyway!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info