[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I just got back from a big break and used the recent passive skill tree reset to try this out. Can i just say THANK YOU for posting this lol. This is awesome, im loving this build... Used to play ranger and always worried about dying... This is just steamrolling stuff and hardly any deaths unless you stop to type during combat! :D

Oh and a little add-on... For low levels this shield works wonders til lvl 50+

IGN: iProBro // QhueenB // TruntenDK // ShameLezz
Trading thread : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/83103
Last edited by ShameLezz on Nov 16, 2013, 2:21:58 AM
"
Hrofr wrote:
I just started back up again (having never gotten past act 2 normal to begin with) and using this build. I hadn't really found a base build to really start playing the game, and after finding this, I've decided to really have a go. I used the build for 2 races today (both solo races) and got 4 points out of it, I thought that was great for someone who hasn't been playing the game for quite some time.

Again, thanks for posting this guide, it's been great getting me back into the game.

Hello Hrofr. :) Glad to hear the guide has inspired you. :)
"
rrrrr5r wrote:

With all six characters at the same time, I understand at certain time one class might seems a lot more fun/miserable than the other. But I must say life is very hard with block templar's low DPS, at least for now.

There is a problem, but it's not with the build. I doubt that you are giving this a fair comparison.
"
ShameLezz wrote:
I just got back from a big break and used the recent passive skill tree reset to try this out. Can i just say THANK YOU for posting this lol. This is awesome, im loving this build... Used to play ranger and always worried about dying... This is just steamrolling stuff and hardly any deaths unless you stop to type during combat! :D

Oh and a little add-on... For low levels this shield works wonders til lvl 50+

You're welcome, ShameLezz!

Glad you are having fun!

Yes, the Crest is really outstanding until the end game.
I am pretty sure that this build can't support two attack skills. I have tried lightning strike and dominating blow as a secondary skill but they are extremely weak. What skill you guys have on right click?
I use infernal blow for aoe (4.5k with hatred) and heavy strike for bosses (11k with hatred).
It works very fine...
people make mistakes, but to get real chaos, you need a computer.
I use Double Strike with:
Added fire damage - 8.6k with Hatred, bosses.
Splash damage - 5.3k with Hatred, mob packs.
Last edited by Lantan57 on Nov 16, 2013, 10:43:34 AM
I have tried many builds pre & Post 1.0.0 and thus far this build has allowed me to play through 36 levels and my health has yet to go below half, in fact it had been staying above 90% other than a couple time on my last run.

I'm fortunate that my starting gear is pretty good, and I have a lvl 45 & 49 upgrade in weapons.

This is my current gear:

I moved off the 40 point path 4 nodes to get the +30 Dex for my chest piece and will respec out of it and pick up the other +30 dex on my path towards 3 Armour nodes.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMaMho4HRQjTSftKMU62D0PQDZEckw1TdhPfVFgWfNmnnB9cql82X31gW-ExIx2kFWePKIAp4SplayqtPnAGsT27DjwH_O-9zL60g==

Again well done and good hunting to all.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
"
Possu81 wrote:
I am pretty sure that this build can't support two attack skills. I have tried lightning strike and dominating blow as a secondary skill but they are extremely weak. What skill you guys have on right click?

I do encourage folks to find a way to use just one attack skill.

However, two is definitely possible. You can, for example, use a 4L heavy strike and a 5L Reave.

With 20 quality gems, a 4L heavy strike as follows is nice for bosses:

HS + faster attacks + multistrike + melee physical damage

Then the chest would have something like this (use a good physical damage sword):

Reave + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + melee physical damage + Melee Damage on Full Life

You could use LS instead but would lose a socket to the mana leech support gem. Something like this:

LS + mana leech + lesser multiple projectiles + faster attacks + weapon elemental damage
"
Ishkabibble wrote:
I have tried many builds pre & Post 1.0.0 and thus far this build has allowed me to play through 36 levels and my health has yet to go below half, in fact it had been staying above 90% other than a couple time on my last run.

I'm fortunate that my starting gear is pretty good, and I have a lvl 45 & 49 upgrade in weapons.

Again well done and good hunting to all.

Hail, Ishkabibble. Looks like a great start. :) Nice boots for your level, and good choice of belt.

You could get Precision for just 1 point invested, if 20 dex would have been enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info