Suggestions for Race Season 8

The only problem with ranger in the old descent early on is that u don't start with a quiver.
Split Arrow is actually fine if you find an iron/quiver/damage on anything else.

But as it stands you can get totally fucked as ranger in Descent early on, 0 iron rings, no quiver, no damage on any piece of gear (which happens quite frequently) and you are actually better off auto-attacking mobs with a random two hander.

It's been suggested before but they should just put a quiver or iron ring in the starting chest for ranger, would make the race alot more fair and alot less frustrating early on and I honestly don't understand why that hasn't happened yet.

edit: And I'm actually with Mors here, D and D:C are alot more interesting for me at this point than normal races, I think alot of it has to do with me generally being bored of playing through the normal game over and over again, so I'm not opposed to the idea of GGG adding a signature race next season that is not just the normal game again.

Maybe a refined version of Descent or Descent:Champions, just a race that is designed to be a signature race, but I think the way GGG have handled sigs over the past few seasons was kind of silly, we basically got the same sig 2 seasons in a row, the only difference was the duration (85 min instead of 105 min... what's next 70 min? And then 60 min? This can't go on forever, GGG sooner or later will have to come up with a way to make sig races more interesting, because most people already seem bored of them)
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on May 7, 2014, 9:47:38 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
The only problem with ranger in the old descent early on is that u don't start with a quiver.
Split Arrow is actually fine if you find an iron/quiver/damage on anything else.

But as it stands you can get totally fucked as ranger in Descent early on, 0 iron rings, no quiver, no damage on any piece of gear (which happens quite frequently) and you are actually better off auto-attacking mobs with a random two hander.

It's been suggested before but they should just put a quiver or iron ring in the starting chest for ranger, would make the race alot more fair and alot less frustrating early on and I honestly don't understand why that hasn't happened yet.

It would take effort
"
renruB wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

It would take effort

Would it though? I can't imagine adding 1 item to a chest would take much effort at all. I mean I understand that racing in general is not a top-priority for GGG, but it's kind of disappointing that even the most "easy-to-solve" problems are being routinely ignored by them.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
boof wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:

Descent Champs(still needs first 3 zone + rukuku tweaks).

Not a fan of exploring?

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/Boooof/poe%20cancer/screenshot-0089_zps67340eb8.jpg~original

Need to go the right way!
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
renruB wrote:
"
Rithz wrote:
One thing that legitimately needs to be removed is that gem drops from racing. If Descent (please god no) ever becomings a signature race I hope every class besides marauder/witch/scion are removed from signature records.

Basically the other 4 classes will benefit greatly if they find the rightful gem drop. Today I found flameblast in descent champs and out leveled the next shadow by 2 levels (without killing gravicius) If I would of killed him, (I ran out of time) I would of hit 26 and been 3 levels ahead of 2nd place shadow... Whats sad is I found flameblast in Inner Halls 1, so if I actually found it at level 10 I probably could have hit 27.

I bet a shadow could still or would have hit 32 in the normal signature race if they got flameblast anywhere from Lower prison ---> Mervil. Too bad the highest record is only 30 though because the gem rewards are so dumpster.

Idk if they need to remove the gem drops i think they really need to work on the quest rewards like half the classes in certain races are just trash because they give u dumpster skills to work with. Like in descent scion starts with st and dbl strike with a gg corroded. Meanwhile rangers and shadows get fucked and another thing that needs to be fixed in descent is the potion situation. making you choose between mediums and quicksilvers is dumb. basically remove descent is what im saying

shadows in my opinion are very strong in the normal descent (which is suprising because they were always shit in it), but very weak in descent champions. Since single target DPS actually matters a lot getting a flameblast or even a spark drop could greatly put you at an advantage in descent champions (you could instantly gain like 3 levels from it). Rangers are very good in descent champions, but if you found a spectral throw at level 1 you should not lose, assuming you know how to actually race with it.
Signature should either be left fairly random as an open time attack league (to allow players to mitigate rng with a large sample size), or have all randomness removed and be limited to 20 or so per season (to guarantee results end up almost entirely based on skill). The current implimentation is sort of a half baked mix of both and doesnt make for particularly engaging competition.

As for fixed seed, its the lesser of two evils long as GGG cba to move away from the insecure D2 map seed format.
IGN: KoTao
"
Rithz wrote:
Rangers are very good in descent champions, but if you found a spectral throw at level 1 you should not lose, assuming you know how to actually race with it.

Yeah, was gonna win ranger on Descent Champions a few weeks because I found a spec throw in the first zone but derped hard and died to gravicious.

Shadow can kill Gravicious because of the power of dual stirke without any nodes imo, but a shadow with Flameblast is so much better. EK is pretty damn strong when played correctly though.

One thing that bugs me about Descent Champions is that there is no Unique One Handed Sword. You can at LEAST use that in almost every 1 handed ability, but axes? They work with Reave, not Cleave/whirling blades. The starting dagger has barely any damage other than the huge crit and you COULD push for high crit early but... reave is so meh.

Still, dunno why they have an axe that works with barely any skills compared to a 1 hand sword. If anything, the 2 hander should be an axe and the 1 hander should be a sword.

SUGGESTIONS:

Pls no fixed seed.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on May 9, 2014, 10:35:53 PM
Listen to the community for one time at last.....

Don't make DC Signature which seems to happen next season and heavily reduce the amount of Endless Crap and DC.

But how about fixing race servers? Servers should be able to hold 300 players at peak times at last. I know not many people players but that's Chernobyl minimalism.

Oh right "MTR Report"...
Wrong switching the server to a currently unpopulated server fixes this.
There is no packet loss Ping+Pong clearly shows that the servers can't handle the amount of players.

I can't even say where I actually died. I desynced 4 screens, then I got into the loading screen when I ran back to flats.

But before that we receive an albino Kiwi Kaltenhaltshield at 360 RP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info