IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Nov 25, 2013, 6:40:31 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:
Also cant wait for this patch, was sick of people heavily relying on CoDt...now you're going to die.

Hahahaa, Word! Well they already did die, but now they'll be no more runners, praying that their CoDT procs and they kill from a passive lol.
IGN_ Rightarm
I'd just like to add, in my personal PvP experience, Aegis has not seemed overpowered at all (from the perspective of a swords build). Hard to kill but dmg is lacking.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Nov 29, 2013, 2:30:55 PM
Aegis Aurora not only limits overall build diversity in PvP but it is also harmful for the PvP community as a whole. I know because I use it myself, and it's effect would be worse if I had better armor overall with my gear. Granite flasks alone give enough armor to be a threat in pvp, regardless of the armor you are stacking along with it in gear. I personally would like to see Aegis Aurora nerfed to say 2% or even 1%. If I had my way with it I would take away the amount of energy shield gained from block and give it a whole new property entirely.

If this shield ceased to exist you would see many many new builds being tried out in pvp, which can NEVER be a bad thing. And Rightarm, while I do agree that the trigger do make the game obviously more passive, the internal cooldown on the trigger gems do make it to where it cannot be used as a crutch as much, which is a good start.

BringYourFriends
"
aimlessgun wrote:
I'd just like to add, in my personal PvP experience, Aegis has not seemed overpowered at all (from the perspective of a swords build). Hard to kill but dmg is lacking.

Aegis aurora is op aimless, it seems weak for you because you use a super dps sword and you have block penetration. For those without block penetration, there is no way to kill it and makes it unkillable unless you 1 shot him. I have to say that even with the highest damage per hit spell in the game which is EK, i have a hard time to deal with these builds especially if they have over 8k is which is very easy to obtain with chaos innoculation. Imagine how OP aegis is for those who are trying to use different spells in pvp it just becomes totally unkillable at all and breaks all the mechanics.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 3, 2013, 7:50:47 AM
Pvp is starting to become very fun, however there are a few things that remain quite overpowered, and thus cause a much less satisfying player vs player combat. The two main issues I see are:

Max block

I am not suggesting a nerf to block builds, simply an option to counter them. The removal of the sword bypassing block nodes from the Maura tree was a step backwards, especially in player vs player. Why are there not passives that allow other weapons a % chance to bypass shields? I understand moving the tree around is not easy, but how about another option like creating a skill gem that allows this? Or you can even upgrade a current mod like pierce. It seems very logical that the option to pierce should go through shields... right?

WHY DOES PIERCE NOT COUNTER BLOCKING?

Eternal Knives

It is not that this skill does too much damage, but that it is a spell doing physical damage. How can a spell do physical damage? By allowing a spell to do physical damage you are entirely eliminating pure evasion builds against ek. A normal attack you could evade, and spells you have resistances for, but a spell that does physical damage entirely counters the current gaming system and balance. Bear trap falls under this also,but has gotten better since nerf. So you removed the ability to entirely bypass block builds with swords, yet you leave ek's ability to entirely bypass pure evasion builds. I understand you upgraded dodge, but a 40% chance to dodge being one shotted isn't effective at all.

I am not attacking Max block ek builds... but they are the cookie cutter build for player vs player by exploiting these unbalanced topics previously discussed.

dublicious
Dublicious
Aimless link sword please
All complain about ageis aurora.What about other items epsecial Legacy one(Soul Taker for example (can chill ,no mana issues....it's to op especialy legacy one)?!!
However the problem's not the a certain item it's general the block system.
All builds which are valiable in pvp are block build.
I also want to pvp with my 2hand mace scion ,but what to do when the 80% of the pvp builds are melee ,cyclone with max block....and they dont use aurora ...!
What about that?
Any build which dont use block it's worthless in pvp,expection was maybe explosive arrow(dont know now with the new buring system)!

Also why to use aurora vs caster and dont use Saffell's Frame?
Any user with that shield can block easy any spell user....and he dont need to have max block for have max spell block....!
In the end i have see much more melee ,max block pvp build vs caster builds....but i dont have see anyone to mention that...!
Expect from some players who want to buff more and more melee and life char....!
Last edited by rakias on Dec 3, 2013, 6:27:35 PM
"
rakias wrote:
All complain about ageis aurora.What about other items epsecial Legacy one(Soul Taker for example (can chill ,no mana issues....it's to op especialy legacy one)?!!
However the problem's not the a certain item it's general the block system.
All builds which are valiable in pvp are block build.
I also want to pvp with my 2hand mace scion ,but what to do when the 80% of the pvp builds are melee ,cyclone with max block....and they dont use aurora ...!
What about that?
Any build which dont use block it's worthless in pvp,expection was maybe explosive arrow(dont know now with the new buring system)!

Also why to use aurora vs caster and dont use Saffell's Frame?
Any user with that shield can block easy any spell user....and he dont need to have max block for have max spell block....!
In the end i have see much more melee ,max block pvp build vs caster builds....but i dont have see anyone to mention that...!
Expect from some players who want to buff more and more melee and life char....!

Don't expect to play a character in pvp that isn't a block caster with an assortment of defensive skills+criticals. Or a melee block build that ideally penetrates block chance. Beyond that you're just asking for most of your match ups to be up hill or unwinnable.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info