*NOW FIXED TY GGG * Explosive arrow exploit needs balancing ASAP

"
ultrahiangle wrote:
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
people expect balanced pvp?

anyways if you move fast ea will never kill you.

The problem isn't EA, it's the exploit(bug) people are using that multiples the damage by a factor of 5 or so.

ahh im not aware of the exploit/bug, should be fixed w/e it is.

calling for nerfs based on bugs isn't really justifiable.

you obviously never seen explosive Arrow own you into pvp, ea isnt op because of the cold to fire exploit it's simply OP by itself.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
ive messed around on an EA character in pvp a bit and its almost impossible to get more than 3 stacks on somebody that is constantly moving, id consider that a huge disadvantage in a pvp setting.

ive never taken pvp too srsly tho in this game yet as there was no reason/motivation too.
ign = ultrahiangle
Well, apo and I tested the bug. I was able to one shot him with one arrow. When he put on enfeeble, I put probably 5-6 stacks on him and 2-3 crit, they did maybe 700 damage. So it's also broken with enfeeble which results in a 98% damage reduction.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
Well, apo and I tested the bug. I was able to one shot him with one arrow. When he put on enfeeble, I put probably 5-6 stacks on him and 2-3 crit, they did maybe 700 damage. So it's also broken with enfeeble which results in a 98% damage reduction.

I've noticed with the bug you can't put more than one stack on as well. It's like it treats one stack as five, then any stacks after aren't counted.
IGN: _Firebitch
We will try making a video to prove all the facts everyone stated, we have a lot of people that support us into making sure this broken skill gets fixed before everyone exploit it in pvp ladder. Hopefully GGG will do a thing about it if they see how serious this is. I'm aware from now more people will be informed about this and might even exploit it while it lasts... lets hope it gets fixed before !
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
I've made a bug report here...

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/543409

If someone would be able to show video proof it would be greatly appreciated. Also to backup this claim would further help the cause.
IGN: _Firebitch
Bunch of bums in here, just kidding.

My build has "trigger on sight" Molten shell doing 45k+ dmg, "trigger on touch" 10%life culling strike effect on full life targets. EA's that fly out of my ass as I move (which is permanent flicker strike full screen 0 cool down) that explode into EKs in a giant aoe nova pattern that halfway through travel dissipate into FP waves that ignore fire,armor,cold resistence in fact you're -100. Have 10k hp, 10k es but still use righteous fire and have block chance while using a 2h sword.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Oct 19, 2013, 10:51:19 AM
"
oowarpigoo wrote:
"
yardiegamer wrote:
Well no offence but of course you would.. its partially why u dont play much anymore since u lack gear and frequently die in maps

w/e man all im sayin is EA is a very good counter against the shavs builds that currently over run pvp, and because of that you want it nerfed. There are counters to everyting, melee is countered by a shavs molten/experienced summons, crit dagger is countered by block/evasion, mauls are countered by block, EA is countered by mobility/dps, swords(anti block) are countered by crit dagger/maul(dps), block EK counters everything but sword(supposedly) and EA.......... just beacause i havnt played in the last week of 3v3's doesnt mean i know nothing about EA builds and there capabilities.....

oh yeah and yardie dont forget you abused EA/koams for a while and you didnt think it was that OP then.... hmm what changed?

anyways all they have to do to nerf this build is to take out the red X off your opponents position when pvping, then they couldnt shoot you off the screen without it being random/luck.
I never used that setup when i was EA. I made my Mara focus on the Burning ailment, hte generic EA build.. you died rather quickly because of a lack of gear. I couldnt kill any1 if they had Phoenix Shield (a.k.a retard (not calling any1 names.. its an actual player) with only 2.7kES)
Team Omniscient

Last edited by yardiegamer on Oct 19, 2013, 10:10:01 AM
if you have not been pvping recently please do not bother posting here.ok im a ''HIGH MOBILITY 2h MARA'' iv fought firebrand and beat numerous times while he was leveling his normal EA- before he figured out the exploit and decided to troll us with it.I was respecing a lot on my passive those days trying to figure out what would be the best so i called firebrand for another of our friendly matches. i was with yardiegamer(shadowthefall) on teamspeak at the time and from the first arrow i got hit i understood that firebrand figured out what the previous guy was using to burn our asses. 6.9k marauder getting 1shotted from 1 arrow. about people talking about mobility - that beats normal EA.no kind of mobility beats troll EA. to finish off i want to say i have respect for firebrand since he is one of those pvpers who prefer fair play over scumbag tactics and he would never come into real tournament with that type of play. one last thing to ALL OF U who are planning to come into pvp tournament using the exploit either as their main skill or as swap,do that and expect a hostile attitude towards u and a scrub reputation over ur name forever. it was fun trolling around with Boas/Brands exploit EA even though lots of the people i know were getting pissed. now time to FIX THIS GGG, and Mr Chris Wilson im calling u to test it with us tonight, the equipment and the no level gems are ready for u! u have few hours left.

Fair Play makes this game
100 Marauder - Hardcore
28 PvP Duelist (271/69), 100 PvP Marauder (1147/219)- Standard [Retired in 2014]
The most reliable cross league trader HC <----> SC
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320004
IGN: BNDTJE
Last edited by Banditje on Oct 19, 2013, 12:23:21 PM
Added cold and cold to fire support for bear trap and EA clearly needs a bug fix (bugs are not really balance). But if we are talking actual balance could we please look at the block mechanic? I could of course use the free respec at release to remake all my characters to max blockers if it will stay the same but would really prefer not to..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info