Thank you for sending us this information! I'll be sure it get's
passed along to the appropriate developers. If you have any further
information regarding this that isn't covered in the threads, or if
there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let
me know.

Regards,
Brian

==================================================================

If you guys have any information to share with GGG about the exploit please email them asap, if more people email them this might get serious and we have more chances of getting a fix.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
Great news for today GGG responded to my email:

Greetings,

me know.

Regards,
Brian

If you guys have any information to share with GGG about the exploit please email them asap, if more people email them this might get serious and we have more chances of getting a fix.

Now need to be fixed the 200k dps fliker strikers and ow life builds
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/076/7/0/trafalgar_law___room__by_niklaswirths-d5ycuxx.jpg
"
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
Great news for today GGG responded to my email:

Greetings,

me know.

Regards,
Brian

You clearly dont understand that the cold to fire exploit is especially op with explosive Arrow, this has nothing to do with flicker strike and ek builds which doesnt require two simple gems like added cold and cold to fire to completely own pvp. it requires atleast 100+ exalt worth of godly gear to be good while EA only requires the exploit and nothing else.
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Oct 19, 2013, 6:03:11 PM
I,ve just been a victim of this... I thought hatred was meant for you to deal MORE damage and not LESS damage... its lame.

Anyways i,ve heard bug Works on bear trap and infernal blow aswell... I dont know how the bug Works i,ve just heard.

Guy turns his aura OFF... And I die in one hit... Guy takes his aura ON... and it doesnt really deal that much dmg. (Talking about bear trap.)

Aura is BROKEN!

We tried to upload video but quality sux.

http://www.twitch.tv/grildrak/b/471678427
Made this http://www.twitch.tv/grildrak/b/471678427 demonstration of BT with the bug in LLD with FireSkull's help. I am sorry for the extramly poor quality of the vod.

He got 1006hp and 878 armour. First bear trap without hatred on kills in one hit no crit. Second bear trap with hatred addeing 17% physical as cold breaks in some way the bug making it work as it should and I deal around 10% of his hp.
Last edited by Grildrak on Oct 19, 2013, 6:17:12 PM
"

Hey I play a flicker build and I got proof it's not OP. Its dmg is very low.
Spoiler

//In all seriousness people can expect to pvp with only using flicker when they've invested more than 100 ex to their gear. Not that they shouldn't look into its pvp balances, not saying anything.... just saying. And the picture is with at least 170ex+ gear + buffs from other party members etc.
IGN: FrontierPsychiatrist_
Last edited by Dolx on Oct 19, 2013, 6:24:04 PM
A better explanation of the bug...

"
Apokalyxio wrote:
I've made a screenshot of the important part of the bug: 29 - 26 Cold Damage

The problem seems to be that for some reason the cold to fire support gem converts too much of the maximum cold dmg to fire, which then results in the minimum dmg being higher than the max dmg !!!
And that seems to break the dmg formula, which then multiplies the cold dmg by roughly 100-200...
Spoiler

I've also tested this gem combination with a bunch of other skills. So far the list of skills that are affected by this bug:
Spoiler
Explosive Arrow
Bear Trap
Minion Instability (tested with skellies and zombies)
Infernal Blow
Detonate Dead
Shockwave Totem (finally it has become viable lol)

I have tested almost all skills with this setup. All of those skills listed here are doing completely broken dmg when supported by Added cold + cold to fire.

Referenced in
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/543409
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
A better explanation of the bug...

"
Apokalyxio wrote:
I've made a screenshot of the important part of the bug: 29 - 26 Cold Damage

The problem seems to be that for some reason the cold to fire support gem converts too much of the maximum cold dmg to fire, which then results in the minimum dmg being higher than the max dmg !!!
And that seems to break the dmg formula, which then multiplies the cold dmg by roughly 100-200...
Spoiler

I've also tested this gem combination with a bunch of other skills. So far the list of skills that are affected by this bug:
Spoiler
Explosive Arrow
Bear Trap
Minion Instability (tested with skellies and zombies)
Infernal Blow
Detonate Dead
Shockwave Totem (finally it has become viable lol)

I have tested almost all skills with this setup. All of those skills listed here are doing completely broken dmg when supported by Added cold + cold to fire.

Referenced in
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/543409

Nice find
"
FIreskull wrote:
I,ve just been a victim of this... I thought hatred was meant for you to deal MORE damage and not LESS damage... its lame.

Anyways i,ve heard bug Works on bear trap and infernal blow aswell... I dont know how the bug Works i,ve just heard.

Guy turns his aura OFF... And I die in one hit... Guy takes his aura ON... and it doesnt really deal that much dmg. (Talking about bear trap.)

Aura is BROKEN!

The reason for this is, that Hatred adds lets say 40-60 cold dmg to bear trap. Without Hatred, it would be like 23-15 Cold dmg (which results in the bug since the maximum dmg is lower than the minimum dmg). But since you get + 40-60 cold dmg from hatred, the additional cold dmg on bear trap is now 63-75 (the maximum dmg isn't lower than the minimum dmg anymore). So its not bugged anymore and hits you for waaaay less dmg.

The lvl of bear Trap / Explosive Arrow / etc, doesn't matter, the only important thing for reproducing this bug is, that the amount of cold dmg from added cold is high enough, so that the cold to fire support can bug it. I've been testing different lvls of cold to fire but it didn't seem to make much of a difference, but I have to admit that its a bit hard to test the dmg of a skill that almost 1-shots everything... Having to do piety merc runs just to have some "training dummy" that survives a single bear trap ... :X

edit: non crit bear traps hit piety for about 25-30% of her hp. Thats with a lvl 18 bear trap, lvl 17 added cold and only 20% elemental dmg and 34% fire dmg.
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Oct 19, 2013, 9:04:31 PM
Merciless Vaal with bear trap:

http://youtu.be/iqOLU9MUMqU

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info