FS: BIS EK gear

One does wonder (like the guy a few posts above) why people have quitting sales. If you are leaving the game, why not with a fully equipped character instead of with a bank full of currency? Currency being easier than gear to rmt/jsp.

To come across as less of a hater - nice collection of items, free bump.
Because currency keeps all of its functions and most of its value between releases, gear often does not (when a build is nerfed, selling certain pieces of gear becomes close to impossible because nobody would consider buying them). Liquidating gear into currency is the best investment if you're expecting metagame to drastically change while you're away.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
"
moozooh wrote:
Because currency keeps all of its functions and most of its value between releases, gear often does not (when a build is nerfed, selling certain pieces of gear becomes close to impossible because nobody would consider buying them). Liquidating gear into currency is the best investment if you're expecting metagame to drastically change while you're away.

And I'm sure the OP would have no issues with linking said currencies ITT after the sales.
Where they will remain forever verified until he should ever return.
Casually casual.

"
Vizzini wrote:
"
TheEnforcer wrote:
free bump

Thanks Man,

I'm really not here to piss anyone off. I understand trading in this game can be frustrating for both the buyer and the seller.

Eric brought up a good point when he said most people are playing the new leagues and its going to be tough getting what some of these items are worth, and what they are worth is completely subjective because most of my gear is one of a kind BIS for EK.

Since EKs DPS was drastically nerfed in this last patch, you need full DPS rolls on EVERY GEAR SLOT YOU CAN GET IT ON if you want to make the build effective and actually contribute some DPS to the group. I still have over 10k dps with added fire and haste, most don't have half that now. Image how that adds up over time? That mean with my gear I grind solo nearly 100% faster then the average EK.

I also know for a fact I am the only one offering a map pool like this, and even though nobody is playing Hardcore right now, the hardcore ladder is still not over and someone is going to want to finish. I'm not willing to sell short because it would be completely retarded from my perspective. I would just be trading gear and maps I'm not going to use for less valuable orbs I'm not going to use and that doesn't make any sense at all.

Right now in hardcore orbs IMO are relatively useless besides rolling maps. Even if you use your obs to roll some incredible super rare item, nobody is going to give you what it's worth because so few people are playing and their is such little demand. I'm sure this will change in the future once the league ends, the game is released along with PVP, and people want to play out their characters in the Main leagues.

I also refuse to go through the standard PM string with everyone on the forums. It pretty much always goes like this.

Potential Buyer: Hey Bro, i would like to buy XXXXXX for (Insert horrendous low-ball offer here) Hit me up I really need the item asap

Me: Thanks, but sorry that offer is way to low, I'm only taking offers atm, but wouldn't even consider double that.

Potential Buyer: Well f@ck you then noob, Nobody is ever going to pay that much. Look at this POS item that is just like yours selling right now for 2 scroll fragments. If you don't want currency then fine Moron. Ill just start trash talking in your thread.

The thing people don't understand I guess is that I'm not here to accommodate them. I'm here to make plus EV trades with the gear that I will not be using anytime in the near future. I fully expect certain things like Koams Heart to rise drastically in value at the end of the new leagues. I hear GGG was thinking about giving the health roll on koams a range, hence making it divineable, and mine for valuable.

With so much uncertainty, I have no interest in "liquidating" my items and have no problem holding on to them.

I want TOP DOLLAR from whoever VALUES THEM THE MOST and I am willing to wait.

I'm only accepting offers right now, and if yours is appealing I will respond. Remember, this EK set has alot of synergy, i hate to break it up. I have max DPS on every piece available, and my resistances are also still capped on Ele Weakness maps, not to mention ~20k Armor. IMO this is worth more as a set if anyone can afford that, but ill let the market decide.

If you don't like making offers or have some other problem with my post move along.

Thanks.

Free bump.

I'd never let my items go if I couldn't get the price I wanted. As long as I know that my price was within reason to someone wanting the best gear possible.

Best of luck!
"
Details wrote:
One does wonder (like the guy a few posts above) why people have quitting sales. If you are leaving the game, why not with a fully equipped character instead of with a bank full of currency? Currency being easier than gear to rmt/jsp.

I was about to raise the same question when I saw your comment. And the reasons given in an answer to your question, saying that "the currency is the best investment" sounds unreasonable in this case, since OP quits playing this game, as well as all other video games, forever.

Then one start to wonder, why somebody would want to spend weeks after so called "quitting" the game, to publicly argue with others, to call them names, and ridicule them for "silly" offers, just to sell his gear for a lot of in-game currency, which would certainly bring a nice real money profit from RMT site? So much sweat and strong emotions for nothing? Really? I am just curious of people's real motivations behind all this drama.
Last edited by Bhaya on Jun 15, 2013, 7:04:14 AM
"
Vizzini wrote:
I want TOP DOLLAR from whoever VALUES THEM THE MOST and I am willing to wait.

Well... Thanks for clearing that one out.
Last edited by Bhaya on Jun 15, 2013, 7:15:28 AM
Just set reserve and bin if you are truly selling. That would solve matters quite easily, ESP. for bulk sale of items. Not sure what the fuss is about.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I'm always intrigued at why someone quitting a game would sell everything they own, and liquidate it into the in-game currency which is as useless as the items are, outside the game.

Unless of course there are other ideas for that currency which don't exactly respect the ToU.

Was funny to see a well known D2jsper from the top 10 default ladder quit (after public outing) and raise a thread such as this, I wondered then whether GGG would be watching and acting or if his FG would swell by even more 10,000s.

No accusations here, btw, just quite intrigued in more ways than one.

people quitting sell for currency because you can always buy back in at a later point.

gear will go down in value over time...

not really difficult to understand this concept
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
eebertay wrote:
people quitting sell for currency because you can always buy back in at a later point.

To the contrary, it is a difficult concept to understand if somebody maintains that he is going to permanently quit playing video games. It just doesn't make sense, unless you are not really quitting or going to sell PoE's currency to RMT site.

If I would permanently quit, I would have gone away in silence without throwing tantrums on the forum to show off my "digital greatness and prowess", and give away my gear to people on my friends list, or if I didn't have any, to some nice people on forums. Probably, most people without hidden agendas would do the same and felt good about it. It's quite different to what we are witnessing in this thread and similar to this one.

OP can do whatever he pleases, unless he intends to break ToS. I think all those questions are valid and it would be interesting to have a peak into such people's inventory after the sale, whether the orbs are there or they are gone to RMT and character deleted. It that case, it is not fair to other users & players and to GGG, that such people use the official forums to finalize their shady deal with RMT site.
Last edited by Bhaya on Jun 15, 2013, 9:01:15 AM
"
eebertay wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I'm always intrigued at why someone quitting a game would sell everything they own, and liquidate it into the in-game currency which is as useless as the items are, outside the game.

Unless of course there are other ideas for that currency which don't exactly respect the ToU.

Was funny to see a well known D2jsper from the top 10 default ladder quit (after public outing) and raise a thread such as this, I wondered then whether GGG would be watching and acting or if his FG would swell by even more 10,000s.

No accusations here, btw, just quite intrigued in more ways than one.

I'm thinking exactly like TheAnuhart here, it's just really weird to me as to why you would go through the process of selling all your gear for nothing really. And the high end gear he has will probably not go down in value, maybe even the opposite. It's actually really hard to understand this concept. I'm almost irritated by it as I would never do this myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info