Maven !

"
Toforto wrote:
And it LITERALLY happened to both me and someone else who plays the same build, so that's 2 people that can confirm it from first-hand experience lol
Is that someone else in the same thread with us right now?
"
Toforto wrote:
"
Ulsarek wrote:
"
Toforto wrote:
And it LITERALLY happened to both me and someone else who plays the same build, so that's 2 people that can confirm it from first-hand experience lol
Is that someone else in the same thread with us right now?

No, what's your point? This forum is so full of trolls and "git gud" spammers the toxicity levels are insane. I'm just never responding to any post that I don't like because this website has no block or ignore feature.
My point is that your claims are just that, empty claims with no evidence or weight behind them. When asked if you can kindly record this "bug" your response is "No, I'm not doing it because I don't have to proof anything and the boss is cringe."

At this point you're just trolling and act unnecessarily combatitive. Unless proven otherwise, naturally, the majority will assume there is no bug and you're just talking about something you don't have a profound understanding of.
Last edited by Ulsarek on Sep 9, 2024, 10:15:42 AM
This is called "ability queueing" and it is by design. It is commonly found in souls-likes and raid bosses in MMOs like WoW. This is why you often see players in these games completely stop attacking right before a phase change, waiting for a prolonged attack pattern of the boss. This is slightly different in PoE as bosses in PoE pause their HP during phases.

We also have a new game as an example for the opposite called Core Keeper in which bosses will abruptly cancel whatever they're doing when reaching their 30% frenzy including falling down like a wet sack of potatoes during mid-air abilities.

TL;DR: Not a bug.
I know a solution, and it may be a scary word to you but im going to say it anyways.

Defense.

Sorry if this bothers you.
"
Echothesis wrote:

Sigh, did I say that specific boss fight has visual clarity issues?

"

devs should care a lot about reevaluating learning curve, visual clarity, and build parity with each other. GGG do nothing of the sort and are proud of it :)

Not this specific boss but you've tried to discredit GGG for their on point boss design with good visual clarity, very obvious and easy to pick up thanks to all the AoE Telegraphs, visible skill or ground effects and sound cues.
And it's not something they've picked up more recently with the introduction of some PoE2 boss battle tech (all the settlers boss fights or king of the mists for example) as even the very old fights like Atziri are very fair designed in terms of visual clarity.

If anything if a player dies in any of the boss battles it's either because they try to tank something on purpose and lack good defensive layers cause chaos damage and physical damage gets lethal fast on a squishy character or they get hit cause they failed to dodge a obvious incoming hit.
In both cases it's the players fault but not the fault of "bad" visual clarity.

"
maybe unhide your own profile too? Not that it has any relation to the topic, but this doesn't stop you from actively using "examples".

As you've already figured out, my hidden profile has no relation to your topic about visual clarity nor the original topic about the Maven boss fight so I'm not sure why you bring it up.
I can assure you that GGG did not put hidden fishing easter eggs on player profiles or whatever else you are looking for.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:

Not this specific boss but you've tried to discredit GGG for their on point boss design with good visual clarity, very obvious and easy to pick up thanks to all the AoE Telegraphs, visible skill or ground effects and sound cues.

You mean Sirus dark red abundance in a dark area, uber catarina's (T17) nearly invisible ground degens, or infinite hunger's dirt "maze"?

First, my "visual clarity" comment wasn't about boss fights in the first place, second, a few boss fights still have visual clarity issues if you insist, third, you dug out a boss fight with no visual clarity issues as if it can prove or disprove my statement (which wasn't "all boss fights have visual clarity issues", you made it up for yourself).

Fourth, you tried to sneak in unrelated personal attack reference while keeping your own profile hidden all the time:)
"
Fourth, you tried to sneak in unrelated personal attack reference while keeping your own profile hidden all the time:)

Funny how you keep mentioning his hidden profile, while having yours open so everybody can see that you havent even played since ultimatum and still talking about the game.
Last edited by Satan on Feb 10, 1692, 10:00:00 PM
Ulti was the only temp league I played from the beginning (because spent half of 3.14 Ritual under false ban). After seeing what those temp leagues are, only play standard, which in the eyes of professional players here equals not existing at all:)
"
Echothesis wrote:

You mean Sirus dark red abundance in a dark area

Those bright red degens stand out pretty easy in the dark place, same as the obvious particle effects showing you the holes in the maze.
"

uber catarina's (T17) nearly invisible ground degens

Same for her fight, all those bright green effects and don't touch particles stand out pretty easy in the dark area.

"
or infinite hunger's dirt "maze"?

The flow direction of the mud guides you literally to the exit of the "maze". What else would you want to have instead? A large big red or yellow arrow pointing at the directing of the exit with a floating "THIS WAY EXILE!" text?

"
First, my "visual clarity" comment wasn't about boss fights in the first place

You started to talk about visual clarity being a problem in a topic about Maven, a boss fight as you've might have already figured out. So you either are trolling on purpose or you just try to derail the boss topic to something else.

"
Second, a few boss fights still have visual clarity issues if you insist, third, you dug out a boss fight with no visual clarity issues as if it can prove or disprove my statement (which wasn't "all boss fights have visual clarity issues", you made it up for yourself).

Care to name any of those boss fights with visual clarity issues cause non of the one listed by you have any issues at all.
Again in all fights, if you die it's because you've touched something that you're not supposed to touch with your character. People have already done most of all boss fights hitless cause all fights are basically the same, learn the various and obvious boss attacks and indicator and you're all fine.

"

Proving you wrong is not a personal attack.
So what is it again that you're looking for?
Cause as you've mentioned earlier my profile is not part of the topic or has any relation to the maven boss fight or your visual clarity side topic, so why are you still so hyper fixated on it?
It won't give you any information about how to not touch lethal hits and ground effects therefore the only way is to practice, practice and you've guessed it practice even more if you want to get better at the game.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Sep 9, 2024, 8:14:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info