The settlement system should go core relatively unchanged

I think there wont be nex league. Kingsmarch get extended and they will focus on PoE2.
i will argue that gold is not enough for "casuals" to like settlers.

pretty sure many players quit the league coz they felt like they were behind on rentals.

having your town not operating feels bad.

my best solution is NOT to increase gold drops, but instead decrease gold upkeep costs.

we must remember why gold cost is high. which is to give them value. but as is, the cost is arguably too high for the casual gamer.

i m pretty sure this is where all the gigachads come in and say stuff like "hoho, i just cleared a few t17 juiced maps and got 1years worth of gold". fuck that.

if you're doing fine the way it is, good for you. not everyone is doing that well.

i would even add that i will not be gambling using gold, ever. i tried once early league. i felt its a good addition to give players an avenue to spend gold and thus combat gold inflation.

but as is, for the casual player, they simply cant afford to gamble as theyre behind rent.

as is, if you dont play 1-2 hours a day then dont bother with settlers.
[Removed by Support]
1 League is enough for CitySim. Faustus can stay doe. Currency Exchange and Black Market pretty neat.
Its not a waste of time if its fun, +1 to Kingsmarch going core. Id even not mind taking removing recombs and keeping only the less OP crafts. Its a different gameplay loop and i loved it. Its like heist or sanctum, has a niche some people will love
Sometimes you have to cut back on expenses, and just accumulate gold for a while until you can reach a given upgrade. It's just ebb and flow, like a business. I like to keep a bunch of low-skill workers for those times I'm gonna be offline, and let them do their (inexpensive) thing to all those ores that need mining and smelting. A lot gets done while I'm away from "the office," and I haven't paupered myself paying out to higher-wage experts to get it done "now." =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
marlinpike wrote:
Its like heist or sanctum, has a niche some people will love

Very wrong. Both Heist and Sanctum require two item drops - blueprints and tomes. Settlers requires gold and ores. Gold as a regular drop would suck but I suspect you can remove it via a map filter. However, you can't remove the ore. Your map now would have random tornadoes, meteors, lighting strikes and 4 types of clickable crap you are not interested in. And even if you say - oh, you probably can remove it with an atlas passive - this is still a passive point that can go somewhere else. Finally, Settlers doesn't add anything to the game. Expedition, even though it is similarly annoying if you don't remove it, does at least provide you with ward items. Settlers just gives you a couple of divines each hour if that
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Aug 26, 2024, 6:57:05 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
marlinpike wrote:
Its like heist or sanctum, has a niche some people will love

Very wrong. Both Heist and Sanctum require two item drops - blueprints and tomes. Settlers requires gold and ores. Gold as a regular drop would suck but I suspect you can remove it via a map filter. However, you can't remove the ore. Your map now would have random tornadoes, meteors, lighting strikes and 4 types of clickable crap you are not interested in. And even if you say - oh, you probably can remove it with an atlas passive - this is still a passive point that can go somewhere else. Finally, Settlers doesn't add anything to the game. Expedition, even though it is similarly annoying if you don't remove it, does at least provide you with ward items. Settlers just gives you a couple of divines each hour if that

Settlers provides much more ward items than Expedition if you're seeking them out and it definitely adds Runecrafting but it is inaccessible to those who aren't investing in kingsmarch which makes it in dire need of changes in that regard for it to be a healthy contributor to the content pool as well as the market.

And they're not wrong, it will fill a niche.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 26, 2024, 7:10:14 AM
It really could go core without any changes because it wouldn't have any impact on standard anyway (apart from the currency exchange).
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Put runes and runecrafting in the game, remove everything else
This league mechanic, except 1-2 op rune crafts and recombinator, is the most boring since kalandra, imo.

AH and balance changes alone carried this league.

Faustus will stay for sure, but I really hope they dump everything else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info