The settlement system should go core relatively unchanged

The settlement system is far and away, one of the smoothest, most intuitive league mechanic launched to date. It bolts right onto the game, it's very easy to grasp, and most importantly it directly enhances the extant gameplay loop.

Reward values may need tweaking (Up OR down I don't know, I'm not an economancer), but the actual system itself is rock solid and the game will actively be less fun without it.

Last bumped on Aug 26, 2024, 10:25:54 PM
+1 Its so different from most of the other content that some want it removed from the game but for a game like this to survive long term it has to have more reach than catering to only one playstyle and as long as the rewards in kingsmarch for example are good enough even if people don't run the content they'll trade for some of the stuff from it which makes the whole wheel generally turn.

Only thing i see wrong with the mechanic for future consumption is that the runecrafting bench requires investment in kingsmarch to use so the runes lose most if not all of their value if the buyer doesn't have kingsmarch to use the rune then they probably won't be buying your item since they cant use it.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 25, 2024, 5:59:24 PM
It should have been buffed for the league at least. I've made so much more via Legion with less time investment and 0 upkeep it's not even comparable. Might as well stay as is if they add it to core.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Settlers needs a good economic synergy with existing mechanics, e.g., Delve, Heist, to make those other mechanics relevant to someone using Kingsmarch. Otherwise, yeah, I'd vote for it going core. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
The need to add alchemist that would smelt uniqs into gold.

That alchemist should use thaum dust and sulphite from Niko.
No, it's annoying and time consuming. Shipments are mostly garbage. 95% of the map runner loot is garbage. You need to sift through this garbage to find the diamonds. I'd rather not bother.

And this is not even mentioning the annoying ore collecting system. Holding left mouse button to power shit up should NOT be part of this game
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Aug 26, 2024, 1:55:07 AM
"

No, it's annoying and time consuming. Shipments are mostly garbage. 95% of the map runner loot is garbage. You need to sift through this garbage to find the diamonds. I'd rather not bother.

You must play a different game than me. I get around 2-3 div every set of 12 maps from map runners. Passively with barely any time investment.
How many maps though? Yes, I find single divines too, but I need to check every map for something good, then click the discard button, then load up other maps. And for what, single divines I can make in 10 minutes?
For those of us who aren't end-game power brokers, Kingsmarch lends some much needed opportunities to make some scratch. If it doesn't measure up to your usual arbitrage plays, then don't play it. Meanwhile, we plebes will get some satisfaction from out petty scrabblings in the dirt. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
The next league might be something that gives the same amount, or even more currency, without wasting your time.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Aug 26, 2024, 2:17:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info