WHY PUNISH PEOPLE FOR DYING?

"
chrisbasaki wrote:
exp malus is a very good thing.

If there were no punishment for dying, everyone would skill brainless damage, not worry about their build and newbies would just die their way through... something like that is no fun and you don't learn anything.

Have you ever been lv 100 in Diablo?? Feels uninteresting since even a cat can reach level 100 in Diablo.

Learn the game, get to grips with your character... then you'll be happy to reach level 100.

Or not, and then its fine too. I played about 2k hours of PoE and the highest level I've had is 97. Never had a problem with that. Being mad at the game because you can't reach 100 is cringe when 100 isn't required for anything.
Last edited by Miathan51 on Aug 13, 2024, 6:40:20 PM
"
Malpherion wrote:
Firstly, im an older person past my 60's.
My reactions are not as quick as they used to be when I was younger.
But saying that, I fail to see the point in punishing anyone with a lost of experience for dying after level 60?
Please explain the point of this.
It's supposed to be a game to enjoy playing, not getting upset because you can't beat a yellow mini-boss who regenerates faster than you can dps.
I do enjoy playing these types of games such as Diablo series and Last Epoch but neither of those 2 punish their players by deleting 5% of their hard earned experience.
Why do you? Please explain

The penalty is 10%.

It's one of the most important parts of this game and separates it from EZ mode games.

There are many things to criticize here but the death penalty isn't one of them
The other major issue in this game, which follows my original post is that there is no combat log. Most similar other games do have a combat log so you can tell you weren't just hit by a train and didn't hear the "Choo-choo" noise. Point is that its very difficult to improve when you have no idea what killed you, its just rinse and repeat, no idea how you died, just keep running your face into a brick wall and maybe, just maybe you;ll figure it out.
What similar games are we talking about?

None of the Diablo games have a death recap.
Last Epoch only shows the last hit you took, which is practically a useless feature.
Torchlight Infinite doesn't have a death recap.
Neither do older titles like Grim Dawn.

So where are they, Malph?
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
I am so tired of all the gatekeeping done by elitist no-lifers. "Git gud," "Go play something else," "Maybe this game isn't for you!" Maybe we like this game, but there are some aspects we feel need to be addressed to make the game better?

And since we - those who are not in the top 0.5% of players - are not only helping to financially support this game, but are in fact the majority of their financial support - maybe we have the justifiable belief that they should at least consider how we feel about the game, and not ONLY the opinions of the top 0.5%.

Maybe the devs need to stop worshiping at the altar of LoD and realize that while it was a pretty fun game, it was NOT the pinnacle of arpgs. The purpose of a game is to be fun - if you are not able to enjoy it, it is a complete waste of your time. Maybe some of you should consider that it is not only possible, but relatively easy - to make a game approachable for a broader audience base, while providing elite content that hard-core no-lifers can enjoy. Just don't balance the damn game economy around the hardest 1% of the content. Those not in the top 0.5% aren't trying to take away the ultra-hard content you want, why do you all so desperately gatekeep and attack any suggestion aimed at making the majority of the game more accessible for the non-elite gamers?
"
Smudgius wrote:
I am so tired of all the gatekeeping done by elitist no-lifers. "Git gud," "Go play something else," "Maybe this game isn't for you!" Maybe we like this game, but there are some aspects we feel need to be addressed to make the game better?

And since we - those who are not in the top 0.5% of players - are not only helping to financially support this game, but are in fact the majority of their financial support - maybe we have the justifiable belief that they should at least consider how we feel about the game, and not ONLY the opinions of the top 0.5%.

Maybe the devs need to stop worshiping at the altar of LoD and realize that while it was a pretty fun game, it was NOT the pinnacle of arpgs. The purpose of a game is to be fun - if you are not able to enjoy it, it is a complete waste of your time. Maybe some of you should consider that it is not only possible, but relatively easy - to make a game approachable for a broader audience base, while providing elite content that hard-core no-lifers can enjoy. Just don't balance the damn game economy around the hardest 1% of the content. Those not in the top 0.5% aren't trying to take away the ultra-hard content you want, why do you all so desperately gatekeep and attack any suggestion aimed at making the majority of the game more accessible for the non-elite gamers?

Because in my opinion this would make the game worse. Zombify level 100? No thanks.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
Because in my opinion this would make the game worse. Zombify level 100? No thanks.

Worse to who? You should specify. It's tell nothing.
On Probation Any%
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

no one. it would make it better. some people just dont wants casuals to reach lvl 100 for once. these are the same people who hated affliction league because casuals were rich for once.
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

I'm not sure if you're using a translator or this is a linguistic barrier, but it is in the sentence.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"

Seriously? Grinding from level 97 to level 100 requires dozens of hours of mindless repetition. Sounds pretty dang zombie-like to me. I'm 98 right now, 70% of the way to 99. I absolutely COULD get to 100 this league, but it sounds like a giant chore... which is the opposite of fun. I loved the idea of this league, and if the gold costs were NOT balanced around T17s that only 1 player in 200 can run, I think it would be amazing... as it is, it just feels like a giant time-tax to keep your settlement going, which feels an awful lot like GGG is not respecting my time.

There are so many things I love about this game, but as long as they only listen to a tiny subset of their players, I don't think it will ever be as good a game as it could be. Admittedly that is subjective, but as I believe this COULD be the best arpg of all time - I will continue to raise my voice (metaphorically speaking) to encourage the changes that will make that a reality - so that, at the very least, there are a variety of disparate opinions for the developers to be influenced by.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info