3.24.2 Hotfix 5

I dont understand why you dont ban the shit out of people that do these obvious exploits. There needs to be a 0 tolerance policy with things like this.
Please ban those that are asking to ban those that interacted with this bug.
It's a bug therefore the accountability is on GGG, not the players.
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:
"
iParadoxG wrote:
Finally!

hope you guys ban the exploiters while you're at it.

You too should be banned.

Would make exactly as much sense.

As a person with autism, I do not comprehend the difference of available ingame options and exploits. They are all options to me. Your social construct of what is an inexcusable exploit is your own subjective perspective that I am incapable of comprehending.

Should I be banned just because of I have this disability?

Why should I have to play in fear that a normal action could ban me.

Until GGG provides clear and universal guidelines for situations like this, all players that learn of such actions are going to be forced to perform them, or fall behind when GGG chooses not to remove the "exploit"

I'm sorry... What? Don't you dare to use autism as an excuse to use obvious exploits. It is very clear that a 1 handed weapon can only have 3 sockets. So any hoop you have to jump thru to get it to 6 sockets are very obvious exploits. GGG has very clear universal guidelines for situations like this.
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:
"
iParadoxG wrote:
Finally!

As a person with autism, I do not comprehend the difference of available ingame options and exploits. They are all options to me. Your social construct of what is an inexcusable exploit is your own subjective perspective that I am incapable of comprehending.

Until GGG provides clear and universal guidelines for situations like this, all players that learn of such actions are going to be forced to perform them, or fall behind when GGG chooses not to remove the "exploit"

Not understanding law does not excuse you from following it.
As in any court of law, intent is as important if not more than the committed crime, if intent to exploit is proven those should result in bans.

Rare quivers (unless specifically stated) are not able to have sockets.
Shields have maximum of 3 sockets (without exception).

Those are the rules, any method to bypass those can be consider an exploit.

In the case of shields, one can argue that the result may have resulted unintentionally by accident.

In the case of Quivers, there is absolutely no argument. Anyone who crafted such Quiver went out of their way to do so, and should be suspended until the end of the league (the same way Empyriangaming were in Ultimatum).

No disability excludes you from following the law anywhere in the real world.
"
Skellesi wrote:
All those 1 supporter pack andys and harvest crafted legacy recombined gear user complaining about exploiters xDD Get a life! Btw the fire res chest is fine just let it be :)

So what you are saying is "if i give money i can be exempt from rules" , right?
"
Slider13 wrote:
"
sym wrote:
"
fun police arrived woeee woeee woeeee. ı mean we are socket starved why not allow everyone to have sockets on any iem they want? in poe 2 there wont be any socckets? you could have easily played cool and claimed that this was an undiscovered feature not a bug or exploit???? imagine this kind of interesting and unique interactions excite players and they log in after they quit etc... oh boy why am I wasting my effort right? nvm was fun while it lasted.

basically this
GGG giving YET ANOTHER example that they don't have a clue about why people enjoy this game lmfao

You people are so dumb i cant believe it. This is game breaking. In 11 years, sockets havent changed. Obviously they dont want this. Yhis isnt "fun."

Go play d4.

Why are you so upset about this? I imagine an angry kid clutching his fists and throwing an angry fit while reading your posts, its hillarious. This doesnt affect you in any capacity, unless you wanted one of these very cool items. That is the only explanation for all of these 0 challenge, 0 supporter pack angry boys raging about the idea of someone having a “cheated” item. Its just a game, a 6L Squire, or any of the other items, are very cool items, thats all it is, and if their “power” somehow threatens you, or you view having them as “unfair”, then it implies that there was no even playing field to begin with, you will always be at a disadvantage with this pathetic mindset, no matter how many people are banned.
man this thread exploded
Last edited by Komscha on May 4, 2024, 2:02:00 AM
"
vacii wrote:
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:
"
iParadoxG wrote:
Finally!

Not understanding law does not excuse you from following it.
As in any court of law, intent is as important if not more than the committed crime, if intent to exploit is proven those should result in bans.

Rare quivers (unless specifically stated) are not able to have sockets.
Shields have maximum of 3 sockets (without exception).

Those are the rules, any method to bypass those can be consider an exploit.

In the case of shields, one can argue that the result may have resulted unintentionally by accident.

In the case of Quivers, there is absolutely no argument. Anyone who crafted such Quiver went out of their way to do so, and should be suspended until the end of the league (the same way Empyriangaming were in Ultimatum).

No disability excludes you from following the law anywhere in the real world.

The world isn't so black and white as you would love to believe. There are absolutely grey areas, and just as absolutely cases in which ignorance is in fact a valid reason.

This is also a completely different situation. People love comparing it to the Ultimatum thing, but the reality is that all this did was allow some extra links. One generated an absurd amount of currency, the other adds +1 to your infinity damage. People screaming for blood over this are beyond unreasonable, to the point that it's genuinely concerning. In the league with a straight up item editor, people are literally losing their minds over some extra power with a negligible impact on...anything.
Finally, we have the opportunity to play with several skills with a full six-link and suddenly it turns out that this is a bug. If this is a bug, then it should be added to the game as an innovation! This is literally better than anything GGG has added to the game in years!

GGG wants us to avoid playing with one-button builds and use multiple skills, but does not give us enough six-links in builds with one-handed weapons. Why can builds with two-handed weapons have two six-links, but one-handed builds cannot? Let it be different now. I could use shield throw for clearing and shield crush for single targets, that's fantastic. This is literally the 2.0 socket system we've been waiting for all these years. Just leave this option and don't touch anything.
Гайды и стримы, по PoE и не только, на моём Ютуб канале: www.youtube.com/Камеолер
while your sentiment makes sense, this is also THE quickest way to achieve a fix before (even greater) insane financial gains are acquired by the very few who knew of the craft. It is the best way to limit its potential impact on the league's economy, specially.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info