3.24.2 Hotfix 5

"
Tremainelol wrote:
while your sentiment makes sense, this is also THE quickest way to achieve a fix before (even greater) insane financial gains are acquired by the very few who knew of the craft. It is the best way to limit its potential impact on the league's economy, specially.

This has been possible since leaguestart..

edit: nope didn't use it, but it's interesting..
Last edited by Komscha on May 4, 2024, 2:02:35 AM
"
Synitare wrote:

The world isn't so black and white as you would love to believe. There are absolutely grey areas, and just as absolutely cases in which ignorance is in fact a valid reason.

This is also a completely different situation. People love comparing it to the Ultimatum thing, but the reality is that all this did was allow some extra links. One generated an absurd amount of currency, the other adds +1 to your infinity damage. People screaming for blood over this are beyond unreasonable, to the point that it's genuinely concerning. In the league with a straight up item editor, people are literally losing their minds over some extra power with a negligible impact on...anything.

In the context of rules and laws, specifically in video games, things are EXACTLY black and white.
Anyone who argues differently is potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such.

In real life criminals are prosecuted and go to prison. In video games they get suspended for a period of time.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
It was obviously not intended yet you did it do it no matter your condition you can't use that as an excuse.

When you see IT WAS OBVIOUSLY NOT INTENDED when items have 3 sockets all the time IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LEAGUE all of a sudden OH LOOK IT'S NOW 6 SOCKETS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LEAGUE! Oh boy I WONDER WHY AND WHO I should DO THAT TOO!

Cmon dude.

obviously I would use it. I cant see the problem.

For reference, I did not learn in time to get any of these 6-4 socket 1handed items, synth socketed rings, or socketed kaoms using the craft that specifically states it gives the max number of possible sockets.

I did not get to use anarchy flames strongboxes to get early scarabs which was a completely fine thing but was removed because of the T17 div scarab farm versions.

Chance orbing a shaper ring to get shaper influenced call of the brotherhood

9k wisp +projectile abyss spires last league. Never left so much loot on the ground in maps before.

I used to run an aurabot with a friend because more than 8x player power > 2 characters.

using quality items on a white item uses 1/5 the number of items.

In order to craft I need to benchcraft a mod that will block bad mods to improve my odds.

Turning in a div card for a ilvl 2 unique chest of base item 48 so you can double corrupt it with better odds.

Being temporarily and repeatedly forced outside the ultimatum circle in a 6 multiplayer survival nearly indefinitely spawning mobs that drop loot.

I currently run a build that uses a channeling 4+ mana cost bow skill to trigger 9 different 0 mp cost manaforged arrow skills at the same time every shot.

Grave crafting recipes that can 100% create 6 T1 perfect mod items that would normally be mirrored in any other league.

How am I to know which of these "exploits" are okay? obviously none of them were intended by the devs.

Condition or not. Cmon dude, these all look the exact same. all obviously unintended mechanics by the devs yet some of them somehow make you think players should be banned for using them?

This is clear when players use third party tools to map fish for lunaris touched mods, or code overflow mechanics to create item duplication. It is not clear what is wrong to exploit when historically players got to keep those insane 20k fire resist grasping mails and continue to sell them TODAY.

I lucked a global defences and fire overcap as armor chest this league. Most expensive thing I have ever found. Once it gets to standard it becomes worthless because the 20k fire resist version can be mirrored.
"
Komscha wrote:
"
Tremainelol wrote:
while your sentiment makes sense, this is also THE quickest way to achieve a fix before (even greater) insane financial gains are acquired by the very few who knew of the craft. It is the best way to limit its potential impact on the league's economy, specially.

This has been possible since leaguestart..

So you were exploiting this since league start? Have you reported this?
If GGG does not ban some bug users, it is showing that exploiting bugs will be risk-free in the game.
"
vacii wrote:
"
Synitare wrote:

The world isn't so black and white as you would love to believe. There are absolutely grey areas, and just as absolutely cases in which ignorance is in fact a valid reason.

This is also a completely different situation. People love comparing it to the Ultimatum thing, but the reality is that all this did was allow some extra links. One generated an absurd amount of currency, the other adds +1 to your infinity damage. People screaming for blood over this are beyond unreasonable, to the point that it's genuinely concerning. In the league with a straight up item editor, people are literally losing their minds over some extra power with a negligible impact on...anything.

In the context of rules and laws, specifically in video games, things are EXACTLY black and white.
Anyone who argues differently is potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such.

In real life criminals are prosecuted and go to prison. In video games they get suspended for a period of time.

You really need to come back to reality. It's a video game. People using or abusing bugs are not criminals. Also no, it is not in fact black and white. If that were the case then there wouldn't be suspensions or the ability to appeal. There would only be account termination and nothing else.
So just fixing the items I take it your not going to ban the people who abused it nd managed to make some currency off of it by selling the items to others then, nd when I say ban I mean the whole account gone not this suspended till league end
"
Synitare wrote:
"
vacii wrote:
"
Synitare wrote:

You really need to come back to reality. It's a video game. People using or abusing bugs are not criminals. Also no, it is not in fact black and white. If that were the case then there wouldn't be suspensions or the ability to appeal. There would only be account termination and nothing else.

You are assuming an analogy is the same as straight comparison.
If you've read carefully, you would have understood that IF intent to exploit is proven, the whole situation gets black and white pretty fast.
literally a circus here

if you think anyone is getting banned over this i got a 34L squire to sell you clowns
no bans

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info