Buff difficulty of regular content

So what if any skill can do play in white/early yellow maps? Is that where the game ends? Even 0.1% skills like ED can probably do even pinnacle content but its gonna suck. We don't gather here for things to suck. Its supposed to be fun.

Please play ED or any 0.1% and below skill next league and show me in video format how game is too easy and you use it to beat pinnacle content in 2 days.

Until then all your arguments in favor of making game harder are mute to me.
"
Bosscannon wrote:
So what if any skill can do play in white/early yellow maps? Is that where the game ends?
Because this is the content we are talking about to buff. Please read first post at least.

"
Bosscannon wrote:
Please play ED or any 0.1% and below skill next league and show me in video format how game is too easy and you use it to beat pinnacle content in 2 days..

I can do what I asked to be buffed, I can beat maps even today, got ED on standard.
Please stop with whataboutism, reply to what is the topic of this discussion.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Jul 15, 2024, 9:49:16 AM
"
Bosscannon wrote:
So what if any skill can do play in white/early yellow maps? Is that where the game ends? Even 0.1% skills like ED can probably do even pinnacle content but its gonna suck. We don't gather here for things to suck. Its supposed to be fun.

Please play ED or any 0.1% and below skill next league and show me in video format how game is too easy and you use it to beat pinnacle content in 2 days.

Until then all your arguments in favor of making game harder are mute to me.

l m a o

I've farmed pinnacle bosses on 0.1% skills, what even kind of comment is this? Popularity and power are NOT the same thing, my LEAGUESTARTER (patch notes pending) is going to be a 0.1% skill on the second least played class and I already know it's crazy strong because I ran one to 90 in HCSSF a couple weeks ago to test it out.
Post video evidence how you do it all with a shitskill within 2 days of leaguestart. I will be waiting.
from almost reasonable to "bruh" comment in two posts, crazy. Refer back to my other post please.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
It seems there are no arguments against buffing campaign and early/mid maps, since metric is „race” and „ubers” - well, topic is not about any of those.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Jul 15, 2024, 10:16:17 AM
Should I also tie my hands together while playing? Lets move on from that kind of tomfoolery please.

Do you know why they buffed Shaper some years ago? Because the game as a whole has evolved since he was first added back in 2.4.

It's what you do when your game progresses and content you created previously is lagging behind.

You know, sort of like your own example with Essence Drain.

Which is the same argument I used in the response you keep waving away.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jul 15, 2024, 10:46:53 AM
As supports delete all responses to make any discussion I will say that I fully agree with ArtCrusade. He is 100% right about this topic.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
The answer is in the first post - for difficulty of campaign and early maps to be more in line with endgame and juiced league content, so the difference between, for example, t1 and affliction juiced t1 to be smaller. Campaign and maps should be like stairs in difficulty, not a flat horizontal line, so new players don’t think that wole game is easy and are surprised that endgame isn’t trivial. This way they will be better prepaired and actually progress raising difficulty.
Also, accumulated power creep need to be adressed.

There are several fallacies / bad faith arguments to address:

1) You don't have to be better at a thing to critique it. I can visit a restaurant and know that the dish I was served is not to my taste. I don't have to tell the chef how to cook.

Ample examples and evidence have been added in the responses to the thread that undermine the argument the base game content has become easier and easier over time.

2) As someone who actually has played Ruthless, it is not the answer to "game is too easy" as you insinuate. I have a strong distaste of how „just play Ruthless“ has become a throwaway line to toss at people who express they want the game to be more challenging. It‘s a disingenuous to the arguments that have been made.

To use the restaurant example: people don't want a different dish, they want the same dish but better quality.

Wished we could move past the antics already..
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jul 15, 2024, 12:45:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info