Buff difficulty of regular content

Once again powercreep bring us to a point where regular content and old leagues are way too easy. It is about time to balance game out and buff monsters in campaign and maps, so it will be closer to league difficulty. It is boring when we finish campaign and can nuke red maps instantly.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2024, 1:17:02 AM
srs dude. not surprised.

although, i agree, i intend to play with only aura bots now and kinetic bolt, so game is way too easy across the board. even the league mechanic is really easy. I think we should triple the hp and the damage of all mobs. thks. looking for a challenge here. buff archnem too.
I'd like to see a much bigger difference between white and red maps. The progression feels really broken right now, where the moment my league starter gets their 6 link and maybe two semi- decent rare items I jump directly from tier 5 to tier thirteen or fourteen.

And then for my second plus build of the league, I just power level in delve until I hit eighty, buy about 10 divines of gear all at once, and jump straight into endgame content. A few leagues ago I started self imposing upgrade restrictions just so it would actually feel like I was playing characters more, so I definitely feel like a more exponential difficulty curve is warranted for higher level content. White maps are probably fine where they are.
A overhaul of map difficulty and exp gain would be nice. White and red maps have barely any real challenging meaning other than being a small barricade for a couple of hours for the atlas completion.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Also, big upside, if GGG buff regular content, it would reduce the gap between regular and league content.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Y'all are too wealthy and are completely detached from what most players can afford to run. It's easy for you to make red maps or T14+ maps feel trivial when it's easy for you to get hundreds of divines, which is something I strongly doubt most players can do.

Not to call out the OP or anything, but my dude, you're 40/40 and one of the challenges is beating uber bosses, content which needs a massively overpowered (and equally expensive) build to complete. We shouldn't be making the game unnecessarily more difficult just to appeal to bored elites. :P
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Dec 28, 2023, 7:03:49 PM
You don't need divines to spam red maps, we're doing them when we're poor, soon after campaign (wealth have nothing to do with it, as we can craft basic gear and roll with it, don't need much for t16). And that is way too soon, game need to have some progression, so white, yellow and red maps wouldn't be just placeholders to skip to start juiced t16s.

I'm not interested in easy game, I want it to be harder so the game would still be entertaining. I was doing damn ubers in first few days, thats not how the game should be for any build.

Last edited by Nomancs on Dec 28, 2023, 9:43:46 PM
And again, that's a problem caused by your ability to make vast amounts of wealth that you can create a build powerful enough to take on ubers. It took me a week to reach red maps, several days past that to fight Exarch and Eater, a week after to get strong enough to fight Maven. I'm cautiously optimistic that I can take on Uber Elder without feeling miserable about it, but the idea of fighting any uber bosses for challenge completion at my current level of power feels like I'm going to have to go through absolute hell.

Not everyone is like you. Not everyone is capable of blitzing past white and yellow maps to start farming red within a couple days of a league starting. You being bored because your uber-killing build is trivializing the rest of the game isn't a good basis for making it more difficult for everyone else who might still be completing maps and aren't even ready for the quest bosses.

At this point, I think the next step in your journey is to finally move on to ruthless league. :P
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Agreed with previous poster, these guys don't understand PoE is not limited by their tutorial mode (softcore) with immortal characters, but we have hardcore and hardcore ruthless. Even if we're talking about scrubcore, most of the players barely reach red maps. If you feel the game is easy, how about raising the difficulty quiting from sandbox and joining HC, private leagues with mods?

Sure the game is easy if you play ez mode. What do you expect?
Last edited by cursorTarget on Dec 28, 2023, 10:02:07 PM
play a different build. poison srs is super OP. try melee if you want a challenge

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info