New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors

"
Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 25% slower

RIP poison.
"
UndeadShaper wrote:
No, it's about any type of damage. If you choose your option, the damage will triple. This can't be happening)

I'm about 95% sure that is exactly how it's intended despite the wording. GGG wouldn't implement a pure dps gem that provides no discernable dps benefit. This is intended to make pure ignite builds viable.
isnt sadism absolutely broken with ignite early on in the league?
"
BadAstronaut wrote:
isnt sadism absolutely broken with ignite early on in the league?

Would need to see lvl 1 version. Seems for sure like it is the strongest gem. Especially when you don't have other sources of faster ailments.
With the stats shown this makes a ignite last 0.16s
if the faster burn scales from 50% faster, then that's an ignite of .4s

so the most difficult thing with this gem is going to be applying ignite often enough.

If only the controlled blaze skill didn't counter this method of play with the current version they've shown. Would be a neat combo to apply burns 10x per second. OH and makes that ring that allows you to have two different ignites at once actually work as a dps scale?!
"
Aldonés wrote:
"
UndeadShaper wrote:
No, it's about any type of damage. If you choose your option, the damage will triple. This can't be happening)

I'm about 95% sure that is exactly how it's intended despite the wording. GGG wouldn't implement a pure dps gem that provides no discernable dps benefit. This is intended to make pure ignite builds viable.

This. The game used to calculate a hit's full damage (+% inc dmg, +% more damage, -resist, etc) and then calculate the Ignite off that final number.

Now it calculates the Ignite before the additions/reductions to a hit's damage. You now have a base hit value -> create a value for ignite as a percentage of that number, and then apply all additions/reductions in damage to the base hit and all applicable increases and reductions in damage to the ignite.

So Controlled Blaze Support will apply the '78% less damage to hits' after it has already calculated the ignite value and the ignite won't suffer as a consequence.

After testing mines, they disappear after a certain distance when you walk away.....

Character had only +30% movement speed, walking away from the mine after it lands. It's supposed to last 5 seconds but disappeared after only 3 seconds of walking away from the mine at such a low speed.

So I think there are going to be quite a few issues with locus mine and overall clunk. Where players want to throw and go but get the short stick instead.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Does guardian's blessing apply the aura automatically when supported minion is cast, or this also need another button to press?
"
shannara24 wrote:
Does Boneshatter + trauma support stack with each other?

Nop, it says "Supports melee skills that do not inherently apply trauma"
why buffs for whirling blade hit damage, as if people used that skill as damage dealer?
No one wants their non cyclone travel skills to be dealing damage. Hell, most of us link void manipulation to our travel skills just to make them not deal damage because it saves us from reflect.

Then lavish love on ignite while gutting chieftain.

Can't fail to see a lack of any new skill gems.

I'm sorry I have to ask but what's the development time distribution between POE and POE2 nowadays?
Because I supported POE. I was hoping for content for POE. I don't much care for trailers of POE2 when the game I am here for is POE.

"
Aristarx wrote:
601,5 damage per 1 stack or on full stacks?

If it follows the same logic as Corrupting Fever, it's 601.5 per stack for a max total of 6015 at max stacks. Assuming proper gem tag inheriting you could get a much stronger Corrupting blood effect out of this support than Corrupting Fever, albeit having to work a little more to maintain stacks due to warcry CD's vs simple on hit application.

"
Sabza wrote:
How will Corrupting cry work if you're using generals cry to exert corrupting fever?

Will it stack separate debuffs will it replace the damage taken from whatever stack was added last or will it just keep resetting the stacks because both have different values?

Generally speaking the highest damage always takes priority over lower damage. For example, if you hit a target with a bleed that does 120 dps for 4 seconds, followed by another bleed one second later for 100 dps for 4 seconds, you will deal 120 damage for 4 seconds followed by 100 damage for one second (since that's the remaining time of the second bleed).

I would assume (barring some wonky interactions), the same would apply to Corrupting Cry and Corrupting Fever. Corrupting Cry has higher damage and a longer duration so for most cases you'll get the damage from Corrupting Cry if both are applied and Corrupting fever will expire before Corrupting Cry expires. Any remaining corrupting blood stacks on the target after the would be expiration of the original Corrupting Cry DoT SHOULD simply do the lower corrupting fever number.

That said, corrupting blood is different than most DoTs since it refreshes on new application, but my guess is that it will function similar to above. Sort of how poison keeps track of what stacks do what amount of damage as they are added and removed. The difference being that Corrupting Cry would almost always replace corrupting fever's damage due to it's much higher value, at least for the duration that those stacks would be active.
Last edited by cmilles on Aug 15, 2023, 4:10:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info