New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors

more than one year of no balance change. And I don't think these support gems will change it now. You made us exited and then misled everything. Like, really, why? I love GGG, I love PoE, but I get older. I played this game since Open beta day 1, mb miss 3 or 4 leagues in a past 10 years. Likewise, I just want to be more excited about a new league, and I don't ask much. I don't need a new hollow league mechanic (Lake of Kalandra) but just change these meta please.

maybe there should be REDUCED? Less is too much, because I don't see any profit of this gem, any other support gem is much better than it atm.

Can any of the developers answer?
Boring
I wish I didn't have to pull out a calculator every time I read a new gem
DOES MORE DMG, but also DOES LESS DMG.
Why are they designed in this way? Can someone please explain it to me like I am 5?

I'm not trying to be negative but in terms of understanding at a glance its right up there with "visual clarity" in blight maps.
"
Aldonés wrote:
"
muzein wrote:
"
yakoob wrote:
Is there a typo in Controlled Blaze Support?
The Less Damage component does not state specificaly With Hit.
In my understanding it reads as Global Less Dmg therefore it would decrease the Ignite Damage aswell?!

It says supported skills do less damage - That IS the hit. The ignite is an aliment proc'd off that hit.... But since Ignites are calculated off the hit's damage; yes it will lower the ignite as a result.

A hit of:
100 dmg = 90_ignite per sec for 4 sec.
The next hit would be:
97 dmg = 99.522_ignite per sec for 4 sec.
The '10th stack' hit:
70 dmg = 151.2_ignite per sec for 4 sec.
The 'Max Stack' hit:
22 dmg = 91.872_ignite per sec for 4 sec

I'm sure I'm missing something here, if someone could point me to where I'm wrong using a base hit of 100 damage as this support stacks up.

Assuming I didn't mess something up, there's a sweet spot of how many ignites you want to inflict within a 4 second window... but the support takes away damage from those who aim to max out their attack speed? Curious.

If that's the case, I'm not a fan. The game already 'throttles' player's DPS with boss mechanics. Typically melee players don't get 100% uptime on their DPS--Having a support which maxes out its top damage via some sort of breakpoint in attacks per second assumes you can maintain it.

So Either you exceed the theoretical best attacks/sec to account for downtime on bosses and lose out on DPS when your windows permit more uptime... Or adhere to the ideal attacks/sec and lose out on DPS any time you can't maintain uptime :/

Am I wrong in this assessment?

my understanding is DoT is based off the base damage before all the modifiers are calculated. Basically the ignite is calculated before the less damage takes effect.

Ah. Well then there isn't much of a downside if you just want to base your DPS off ignite damage.

So 364% more damage with ignite... but compare that to Flameblast which gets 60% more damage with ailments per stage and you can max out at 10-12 stages (And has a Vaal version).

Jayd42 brings up a good point about AoE. 1 slam that hits 10 mobs is 10 ignites in 1 attack. Could be a fun mapper build for slams that AoE ignite/prloif?
"
Alyosiki wrote:
more than one year of no balance change. And I don't think these support gems will change it now. You made us exited and then misled everything. Like, really, why? I love GGG, I love PoE, but I get older. I played this game since Open beta day 1, mb miss 3 or 4 leagues in a past 10 years. Likewise, I just want to be more excited about a new league, and I don't ask much. I don't need a new hollow league mechanic (Lake of Kalandra) but just change these meta please.

They killed the minions. And we lost one of the most important YouTubers. I thought they would draw conclusions and change something. But it looks like they, like Blizzard, are not interested in the opinion of the players at all and do not want us to have fun. I am extremely upset by this boring patch. To be honest, looking at BG3 online, I'm not sure if it's worth launching a new league now..
It's sad to see that a significant class in the game is just dead at the moment FOR NO REASON.

The new content of the game does not fill the maps themselves, this is another mini-game. But unfortunately, we will not get any variety for the maps. Such leagues are not interesting to me personally.

But out of love for GGG, I will still go in the first days so that Steam has a high online :D
Boring
Well most of the developers are working on PoE 2 and from the patch notes it's apparent that a lot of the others are (at least partially) working on ruthless.

So what did you expect? New content needs to be made by someone.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
muzein wrote:

Ah. Well then there isn't much of a downside if you just want to base your DPS off ignite damage.

So 364% more damage with ignite... but compare that to Flameblast which gets 60% more damage with ailments per stage and you can max out at 10-12 stages (And has a Vaal version).

Jayd42 brings up a good point about AoE. 1 slam that hits 10 mobs is 10 ignites in 1 attack. Could be a fun mapper build for slams that AoE ignite/prloif?

Why are you talking about Flameblast? this is not a melee-skill.

The new set of support gems seems to be absolutely useless somehow. If we assume that I've been hitting the motionless boss for several seconds, then I don't understand what profit of all this is

Boring
nice good luck
Hmmm, kind of feel like sacrifice could be a blood magic skill.

Like the sadism one, but feels like the faster damage could be a bit higher. I know it's mainly going to be used for low tolerance, and I thank you for making that a more reliable thing. Though it will make alchemist mark much more viable for more setups.

Overall, things look very interesting. Thanks for the fun toys.
Nobody uses link gems, so I don't know why more link stuff is popping up in leu of gems solo players can use in what is ultimately a solo game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info