Path of Exile 2: Aggorat Teaser

amazing and spectacular, well done ggg
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
wow
WOW
Looks superficially similar to the darkened-out nu-Templar in the Exilecon demo

"

What makes you think she is Karui?

I think so mostly because of the accent. Appearance is just a hint but not specific enough.

She has olive skin and tribal dress. Could she potentially be Azmeri instead by appearance since Oshabi is more tan than the other Azmeri at the camp? Sure. She could also be a new tribe we haven't seen before, and just visiting Ngamakanui for any reason.

But the woman in the teaser has an accent matching that of Hyrri and Maramoa perfectly, but definitely not that of Oshabi, Greust and Yeena. The two sets have completely different vowel shifts. Maramoa and Hyrri's accent is also almost fully non-rhotic, same as the woman in the teaser. That of Oshabi and Yeena etc. is not just rhotic, but it trills its /r/.

"

We can't be sure how invested this "monk" is in Vaal culture. He might just be stating the fact that Atziri would be furious to see her temple desecrated this way.

Yep. It could very well be a situation like how the PoE1 marauder has a line reverent of the Maraketh because of a shared part between the two cultures' histories, when he frees Deshret.

I just think that it's more likely that a devoted "monk" or w/e of one culture wouldn't give a damn what some long dead queen of another culture would think, because most of the world in this game is not very respectful of or interested in assimilating into different cultures. Just look at the 6 non-Templar exiles comment on the Sceptre of God. Internationalists like Eramir are the exception. Not the rule.

"

The implications of the ExileCon demo is that we simply have a new set of people of the same classes.

Yeah. It wasn't just implied. It was outright stated it's a new set of completely different people. 20 years later etc. Those Exilecon ones and the ones in the 2021 trailers looked like very slight redesigns of the existing exiles - the marauder changed his hairstyle and the Templar got younger. Probably because no concepts of the new exiles were finished yet. That or they didn't want to show them so early since that's a pretty big shocking reveal as we can now see.

They are also redesigning the appearance of all of PoE1 anyway, so that's what we were shown character-wise before these teasers. I think that is what our old exiles will look like.

"

I do like the idea that the Ogham exiles could be very different people from their Oriath counterparts, though, e.g. a "Vaal Templar" rather than an "Innocence Templar".

I think the class name "Templar" is very unlikely to stay. It's not a generic term like "witch". IRL the shorthand "Templar" refers to one specific order of one specific temple, the Temple of Solomon, and to nothing else. In game it's the same. Of all the temples and orders we see, only that of Innocence has a named order, and it's with a capital T. I can't find a single bit of lore or enemy name that calls anyone a generic "templar of something else".
"
MiziWheelie wrote:
Looks superficially similar to the darkened-out nu-Templar in the Exilecon demo

this image explains why one of them will manage to escape, look at shadow leg, he have a dagger next to his foot, the guards where not competent enought even to confiscate that
Last edited by suriuken on Jun 14, 2023, 11:59:26 AM
it looks great, hopefully the second game will hook on the effort and joy to play like PoE1...
I really wish PoE1 will never end...
because it`s never let me getting tierd ,of playing since such a long time
I'm so excited...datdatdat...and I just can't hide it...datdatdaaaada!

Ah, please show some endgame footage. I'm on unhealthy amounts of hopium here.
Please remove DASH.

This isn't DIABLO 4.
it's ok

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info