Path of Exile 2: Aggorat Teaser

Am I the only one concerned that this gameplay looks almost exactly the same as D4? If I wanted to play D4 I would play D4, ya know?
"
Am I the only one concerned that this gameplay looks almost exactly the same as D4? If I wanted to play D4 I would play D4, ya know?

Looks nothing like d4.
The spank on the belly is hilarious.
Doedre is still iconic. ♥
Last edited by Onizukei on Jun 13, 2023, 2:08:56 AM
I will buy a new GFX card for this --b
po2 looks amazing.
I don't think we should be saying "new marauder", "new templar".

"Templar" means the STR+INT position on the tree. But it also means a whole collection of appearance, personality, sex/gender, ethnicity, vague origin story, religion - and none of these things will necessarily remain similar or tied to that same position on the tree. Then there's a complete set of animations for all skills and weapons, whether they fit that character's fantasy stereotype or not. So each of these teaser Exiles could be any class really.

Maybe the Karui woman in the previous teaser is actually the female (maybe we'll even be able to pick male/female for each one) STR position on the tree, but they gave her a staff and caster gems to make the video. If GGG wanted, they could mislead us a bit with these teasers to make the surprises even better with the full reveals at Exilecon.

However, I doubt they would go for that class switcheroo since it might confuse some new players unaware of PoE1's character versatility. So my bet is that the Ngamakanui woman is in fact the pure INT position on the tree. And this Vaal culture enthusiast guy here is animated with extra acrobatics that would probably fit one of the four DEX positions on the tree. I'm betting STR+DEX.

What I'm most curious about, though, is whether the titles of these teasers refer to the locations where they take place or to the in game class names of our new 7 samurai. Maybe "Ngamakanui" isn't telling us the location of the first teaser, even though it does also look like that. Maybe it's the demonym here. As in person from Ngamakanui. Then the monk exile could be an Aggorat, as in person from Aggor, or Aggora or w/e the name is for the enclave of Vaal culture that survived all this time.

In any case, GGG marketers are masters of psychology. I haven't been this hyped for any piece of entertainment for about two decades. Like a little kid.
the enemies are as stupid as ever. At 0.24 we see an "ogre" hit the ground while the player is far behind.
"
Deratiseur wrote:
the enemies are as stupid as ever. At 0.24 we see an "ogre" hit the ground while the player is far behind.

if the ogre is the one with the tree looking thing, the enemy started the slam attack when the player was in front of him, the player moved to another location , since he started the attack he cant redirect the place i think, so its not that hes stupid, its his mechanic that locked his attack to the place the player previous were
"
Zikah wrote:
"
that thunder slam looks cool.

As much as I long for a lightning slam skill that's not stuck to a unique, I'm fairly certain that's lightning strike. >.< One day, I believe the lightning slam dream will come true, one day...

Also, I'm not the only one that feels like skipping the addition of character customization is a bit of a miss for pulling in a broader audience, right? It's such a drastic update, it kind of feels like they'd have a huge win adding even a little bit.

Visual character customization would be a complete waste of valuable development time.
The visuals are nice. If the gameplay is meant to simulate turn based style without the opponent waiting your turn to end.

Count me out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info