[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
https://pastebin.com/naWS957R

severely min-maxed build for anyone curious. tree pathing was also optimised for ES/hp/dps/resistances, v specific to my item balancing. i can definitely squeeze in more dps if i directly sacrificed EHP/defenses.

currently 52.3k EHP, 4400 HP, 22.5k EV, 17.9k AR, 75% all res, 6% chaos res. mainly died to stupid when looting, or when meteors fall from sky. hardly any mob deaths.

36.7m combined dps (against guardian/pinnacle boss)

13.2m creeping frost
12.6m vortex
5.6m vaal cold snap
4.5m cold snap
0.65m volatile anomaly

compared to guide video,
shield was upgraded (10d)
amulet was upgraded (6d)
watcher's eye was upgraded (7d)
flask changed (11d, but not "dps" increase)

i cannot find any other shield/wep in the market with a tree that would be an improvement. given that the items were bought at extremely good values, it's also hard to justify dropping 20-80d just for a single upgrade.

FYI: The POE damage over time cap that any mob can receive is 2,147,483,647 per minute, which is 35m/sec.

So SonsOfKorhal is basically at the DoT damage cap when all buttons are pressed :)
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Has someone some hints on how to craft a good crucible tree on items?
Just build another wand yesterday (another 7% dps increase) and now I'm thinking about how to get the passive tree again.
Since wands with pain attunement usually sell for 100c-1div I don't want to buy lots of them in order to get the mod while having other useful stuff on my wand.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
"
Judaspriester wrote:
Has someone some hints on how to craft a good crucible tree on items?
Just build another wand yesterday (another 7% dps increase) and now I'm thinking about how to get the passive tree again.
Since wands with pain attunement usually sell for 100c-1div I don't want to buy lots of them in order to get the mod while having other useful stuff on my wand.

please take a look at this post.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183/page/12#p24960702

here are my thoughts regarding your question:

pain attunement is good on the passive tree, but rubbish on the crucible tree. why? at best, it saves you 1 sp. 1 sp, on average, is around 10% increased spell damage on the passive tree, at best, maybe a notable which is around 20% increased spell damage. if you can get pain attunement IN ADDITION to the other mods listed in the post, then yes, that will be a 1 sp extra you can use, otherwise, 10% increased spell damage is at best 1% increased dps, which is far worse than any of the mods listed in my post.

this would be different if you have a keystone which we would normally not allocate, but would have been a huge boost to offence/defence, say, iron will for example.

regarding crafting, earlier in the league i watched some videos by captain lance, and i think there was another content creator. but there are far more guides now, and the prevailing wisdom seems to have been largely the same.

try importing the below wep into your POB (maybe adjust the values to match your current weapon) and watch the dps increase.

Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on Apr 28, 2023, 6:03:30 AM
Yeah, maybe you're right about pain attunement. Besides that, I already got a kinda clear picture what I want to get on the crucible tree, but I'm unsure what would be the most efficient way to get those mods on the wand.
I was already looking for guides, but haven't found anything useful until now. Maybe I should take a look around at youtube, even if that's a media format I really dislike.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Hi friends,

I just released a short clip on 3 gems that you should get 20% quality on to map faster: https://youtu.be/sa_FRvW02do.

Whenever I see a 2 mirror build on poe.ninja and the player has 0% quality on flame dash, I wonder where his currency came from ><
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Probably a stupid question but - how am I meant to use the Divine Blessing + Hatred link? When I have my 4 auras up (Malevolence, Determination, Banner, Grace), I have no mana left for Hatred. Is it just a preference thing?

Thanks for the build though. It's super fun and I've gotten farther than ever into the game lol

It uses energy shield from the EB node yo uget on Devouring Diadem
Last edited by skumator on Apr 28, 2023, 3:49:21 PM
"
Probably a stupid question but - how am I meant to use the Divine Blessing + Hatred link? When I have my 4 auras up (Malevolence, Determination, Banner, Grace), I have no mana left for Hatred. Is it just a preference thing?

Thanks for the build though. It's super fun and I've gotten farther than ever into the game lol

divine blessing makes a supported aura a "castable" personal aura. the mana comes from ES that acts as our mana due to Eldritch Battery. either from our Devouring Diadem helm, or you'd have to allocate on the passive tree (3sp, nearby), while farming currency for the helm.
sorry this must be a noob question but i bought the unique belt, helm and armor. now i cant use all my auras bcs not enough life
"
Nikklai wrote:
sorry this must be a noob question but i bought the unique belt, helm and armor. now i cant use all my auras bcs not enough life

You need to get a chest without the blood magic modifier (or any detriment effect).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info