[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
"
Nikklai wrote:
sorry this must be a noob question but i bought the unique belt, helm and armor. now i cant use all my auras bcs not enough life

You need to get a chest without the blood magic modifier (or any detriment effect).

yeah i just spent 5d that i didnt know lol, you learn things everyday. thanks what keystones should i aim for when looking at trade?
Last edited by Nikklai on Apr 29, 2023, 2:29:18 PM
"
Nikklai wrote:
"
"
Nikklai wrote:
sorry this must be a noob question but i bought the unique belt, helm and armor. now i cant use all my auras bcs not enough life

You need to get a chest without the blood magic modifier (or any detriment effect).

yeah i just spent 5d that i didnt know lol, you learn things everyday. thanks what keystones should i aim for when looking at trade?

This filter will remove most of the modifiers with detrimental keystones: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/VGmPk42hp

There is also a video guide on how to get +4 without SOTL. The downside is you'll probably have less EHP than using SOTL.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
Nikklai wrote:

As additional hint: check the keystone before buying the armor. ;)

Btw, while not having luck with crucible trees on my new wand, my shield slowly becomes interesting:

I hope to get 3% life reg while low life as next node onto it. if it works without breaking skills I've picked, gg.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Last edited by Judaspriester on Apr 29, 2023, 7:44:54 PM
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
Nikklai wrote:

As additional hint: check the keystone before buying the armor. ;)

Btw, while not having luck with crucible trees on my new wand, my shield slowly becomes interesting:

I hope to get 3% life reg while low life as next node onto it. if it works without breaking skills I've picked, gg.

im pretty much new to the game, i saw the video guide im not sure if i should just buy any armor xd
I'm really enjoying this build so far. I'm almost level 93 which is the farthest I've ever gotten in POE. Last time I played, I got to level 90 but the atlas was a new thing (I think it was like 5 years ago lol). Anyway, with this build clearing Tier 16 maps is mostly smooth now.

I picked up some pretty good deals yesterday I think:

Got these for 1d each:

and got this for 5c:

I think getting the diadem is probably my next big step. I feel like getting the proper chestpiece is so damn expensive... I guess that's a goal to work for.

I have no complaints other than I'm pretty squishy against certain bosses. For example I had to leave a Vaal Temple map because the trio was just basically 1-shotting me.

I'll share my pob in case you guys have any advice (currently 6 skill points unspent, just a thing I tend to do...): https://pobb.in/4D-kS7wZO-9B

EDIT: also I have 34 atlas points unspent atm. I went into Kirac missions, strongboxes and expedition, not sure what else to do. This is my first time playing with the atlas skill tree so I'm a bit overwhelmed. Any advice is welcome :)
Last edited by ValorForLife on Apr 30, 2023, 7:45:06 AM
"
ValorForLife wrote:
I'm really enjoying this build so far. I'm almost level 93 which is the farthest I've ever gotten in POE. Last time I played, I got to level 90 but the atlas was a new thing (I think it was like 5 years ago lol). Anyway, with this build clearing Tier 16 maps is mostly smooth now.

I picked up some pretty good deals yesterday I think:

Got these for 1d each:

and got this for 5c:

I think getting the diadem is probably my next big step. I feel like getting the proper chestpiece is so damn expensive... I guess that's a goal to work for.

I have no complaints other than I'm pretty squishy against certain bosses. For example I had to leave a Vaal Temple map because the trio was just basically 1-shotting me.

I'll share my pob in case you guys have any advice (currently 6 skill points unspent, just a thing I tend to do...): https://pobb.in/4D-kS7wZO-9B

EDIT: also I have 34 atlas points unspent atm. I went into Kirac missions, strongboxes and expedition, not sure what else to do. This is my first time playing with the atlas skill tree so I'm a bit overwhelmed. Any advice is welcome :)

Glad that you are enjoying the build :)

The next upgrade is Devouring Diadem for sure. It will allow you to save 3SP from Eldritch Battery and run all map mods.

For your 6SP, the most value would be adding the jewel nodes and purchasing a few cheap jewels with 7% maximum life and % Cold damage over time multiplier for a life + DPS boost.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Last edited by LkGGz on Apr 30, 2023, 8:21:04 AM
https://pastebin.com/eXzgsXck

severely min-maxed build for anyone curious. tree pathing was also optimised for ES/hp/dps/resistances, v specific to my item balancing. i can definitely squeeze in more dps if i directly sacrificed EHP/defenses.

currently 59.2k EHP, 4750 HP, 22.9k EV, 21.8k AR, 75% all res, 6% chaos res. mainly died to stupid when looting, or when meteors fall from sky. hardly any mob deaths.

41.1m combined dps (against guardian/pinnacle boss)

15.5m creeping frost
14.8m vortex
5.6m vaal cold snap
4.5m cold snap
0.65m volatile anomaly

compared to guide video,
shield was upgraded (10d)
amulet was upgraded (6d)
watcher's eye was upgraded (7d)
chest upgraded (20d)
boots changed (3d, 1% dps increase, but big increase in health + res + QOL due to onslaught)
flask changed (11d, but not "dps" increase)

i cannot find any other shield/wep in the market with a tree that would be an improvement. given that the items were bought at extremely good values, it's also hard to justify dropping 20-80d just for a single upgrade.
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 1, 2023, 2:32:32 AM
~ignore~
Last edited by Nikklai on Apr 30, 2023, 11:34:19 AM
What about spell supp for this build?
Are we aiming to cap out at 100?
"
Ziwok wrote:
What about spell supp for this build?
Are we aiming to cap out at 100?

do read this post, as well as the post within that post that i've linked.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183/page/19#p24971994

also, in this video, somewhere around the 28min mark, I discuss on spell suppression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cezFGN1lb6o&ab_channel=LkGG

short answer, no we do not cap. but if dps is not a problem, sacrificing dps to cap spell suppression is possible, and depending on the content you run, that may be a decision you prefer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info