[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Judaspriester wrote:
Just got a nice DPS Amulet for the build:

I had some struggles with my resistances after equiping it, but I feel like the amulet justifies that.

Out of curiosity: I paid 3div for it and felt like that price was a steal. How much would you think it is worth?

That's definitely a steal. Every line is useful. It has open suffix which means you can also craft increased effect of non-damaging ailments which is quite a damage boost.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
"
Judaspriester wrote:

I had some struggles with my resistances after equiping it, but I feel like the amulet justifies that.

Out of curiosity: I paid 3div for it and felt like that price was a steal. How much would you think it is worth?

That's definitely a steal. Every line is useful. It has open suffix which means you can also craft increased effect of non-damaging ailments which is quite a damage boost.

Just checked again, everything except the cold dot is t1 rolled.
Non-damaging ailments would be interesting, but sadly I need the fire res, at least for now.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Just chiming in to say how much I've enjoyed following the thread this season! So, so much good advice.

This was my first go around with Cold DOT, and I can see why it's so popular, there's a lot of different paths to take on upgrading, and it's an active play style.

Just crossed 12.5M DPS, could go higher but I just can't quit Atziri's Reflection or Spell Suppression.

Again, really appreciate all the attention this thread has received from OP!
Hello!

Returning player for this season. I usually do the Necro build, but saw this thread for Witch builds and wanted to try something different.

I really love the DPS and glad I'm not having to manage a "Murder Parade" (tm) this time.

Recently started mapping and having some mitigation problems. Find myself getting one-shotting a lot.

I'll post my PoB link below, please let me know how I can improve this for more sustainability.

Appreciate the feedback.

https://pobb.in/bNspY2BmWfXZ
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
"
Judaspriester wrote:

Just checked again, everything except the cold dot is t1 rolled.
Non-damaging ailments would be interesting, but sadly I need the fire res, at least for now.

amulet is really good value. many ways to roll your last suffix based on your needs.
"
brochata wrote:
Just chiming in to say how much I've enjoyed following the thread this season! So, so much good advice.

This was my first go around with Cold DOT, and I can see why it's so popular, there's a lot of different paths to take on upgrading, and it's an active play style.

Just crossed 12.5M DPS, could go higher but I just can't quit Atziri's Reflection or Spell Suppression.

Again, really appreciate all the attention this thread has received from OP!

if dps is adequate, spell suppression is always welcome. getting 100% spell suppression is as effective as raising your max res from 75% to 87.5%, that is a huge defensive gain.

I have considered atziri reflection, but felt it unnecessary for the build. it's still a very nice defense, with the curse immunity. atziri reflection is hugely popular in the past, when I was playing the trickster variants, where we'd use it as our shield with coward legacy belt (at that time). with modern crafting, rare shields have power crept to a level where they can compete with the unique effects of the shield, hence the popularity has waned.
Since some people here want a higher level of automation on the build, what about this setup:

The cast every 8 seconds replaced CWDT. That way I had 1 socket open in order to add culling strike to my movement skills again.
I've also tried to use the blessing within the wand, but that sadly doesn't work.

I still need to test this setup a little more in order to see how much of a difference I notice. After doing that I was just running some heists and at least there, I haven't felt like the different timing for molten shell was an issue.

/edit: anomalous molten shell is kinda interesting, since you get up to 5% extra armor as shield (compared to a little more duration with the normal one). Since we won't hit the 5k cap with this build in either version, I think the anomalous molten shell is a good option. With ~35c it also isn't that much of a investment.

/edit2: what about adding a section to the guide for alternate quality gems in general?
Ofc, that's only fine tuning, but I think there are some interesting alternate quality gems for the build.
Anomalous Malevolence
Anomalous Molten Shell
Divergent Bonechill
Anomalous Vortex
Divergent Creeping Frost
(Divergent Culling Strike)
Anomalous/Divergent CWDT
Last edited by Judaspriester on Apr 26, 2023, 3:59:29 AM
"
Judaspriester wrote:
Since some people here want a higher level of automation on the build, what about this setup:

The cast every 8 seconds replaced CWDT. That way I had 1 socket open in order to add culling strike to my movement skills again.
I've also tried to use the blessing within the wand, but that sadly doesn't work.

I still need to test this setup a little more in order to see how much of a difference I notice. After doing that I was just running some heists and at least there, I haven't felt like the different timing for molten shell was an issue.

/edit: anomalous molten shell is kinda interesting, since you get up to 5% extra armor as shield (compared to a little more duration with the normal one). Since we won't hit the 5k cap with this build in either version, I think the anomalous molten shell is a good option. With ~35c it also isn't that much of a investment.

/edit2: what about adding a section to the guide for alternate quality gems in general?
Ofc, that's only fine tuning, but I think there are some interesting alternate quality gems for the build.
Anomalous Malevolence
Anomalous Molten Shell
Divergent Bonechill
Anomalous Vortex
Divergent Creeping Frost
(Divergent Culling Strike)
Anomalous/Divergent CWDT

this used to be a thing in the past, where the spells didn't have an 8s cooldown even. this wand is from synthesis. old as heck. but yes, it's a possible way to automate, if you dont have any other modifiers you want on your weapon, it's something you can look for.
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

this used to be a thing in the past, where the spells didn't have an 8s cooldown even. this wand is from synthesis. old as heck. but yes, it's a possible way to automate, if you dont have any other modifiers you want on your weapon, it's something you can look for.

For now I'm not sure, if I want to go with that setup or if another suffix on my wand wouldn't be better overall. I just remember that there was the question for automating the curses in this thread from time to time, so I thought it was worth mentioning.
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

For now I'm not sure, if I want to go with that setup or if another suffix on my wand wouldn't be better overall. I just remember that there was the question for automating the curses in this thread from time to time, so I thought it was worth mentioning.

definitely possible still. improving QOL of curse casting will mean better uptime of curses. in the past, triggering socketed gems was used for proc-ing EO and EE. but it is still relevant now for dual cursing i guess.

even possible to do CWDT curses. i used to have a cyclone cast on hit curse CDOT variant as well. as cyclone was stun immune and we could stack fortify even. many things can be done.
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on Apr 26, 2023, 4:59:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info