[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

Hi friends,

A quick upgrade suggestion for those with some spare chaos lying around: Get a Legacy of Fury with a useful implicit modifier.

I opted for a 6% life roll, which would cost us 1SP to obtain:

Cost:
I spent around 50c.
Purchased the base for 35c. Sorted out the quality, socket and links for less than 15c.

Trade search link: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/lRY0YqnhV

The full list of vaal implicits for DEX+STR base boots can be viewed here:
https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=3&bi=7800&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=13&bp=y&as=1&hb=0&bld={}&im={}&ggt=|&ccp={}
Search for "VAAL IMPLICITS".

Have a good weekend~
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Hi friends,

SonsOfKorhal is the top DPS Devouring Diadem CDoT player at the end of week 2. He has also one of the top contributors to this thread.

He has very kindly agreed to walk us through his variant: https://youtu.be/cezFGN1lb6o

He is playing a higher DPS variant of the build (less defense). What's amazing is that his cost is only 25d-30d without gems.

Of this 25-30d, 10d comes from the Frigid Wake jewels. Switching these jewels for cheaper alternatives will only lose ~10% DPS.

5d comes from the Empower 4 jewel. Switching Empower 4 for empower 3 will only lose ~7% DPS (because his Vortex+CF is lvl 31).
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
SonsOfKorhal is the top DPS Devouring Diadem CDoT player at the end of week 2. He has also one of the top contributors to this thread.

Congrats Sons and thanks for all of your hard work!

I’m playing in a small Private League and don’t have access to trade so getting a Diadem to drop has been harder than I thought. Has anyone seen any definitive info on the changes to the drop mechanics or rate? I’ve been doing the T1-T3 farm strategy and am 0-10 or so.

I did see one listed on trade at item level 70 yesterday and there are 100-113 available at ilvl 75 but the vast majority at ilvl 85 or higher. Is this a red herring just because more are running her at the higher ilvl?

On a separate topic, I ended up completely ailment avoidant (>100%) due to pure coincidence on my gear rolls. Should I switch my Pantheon/Brine King or not? Any recommended alternatives?
"
Porterhaus wrote:
"

I’m playing in a small Private League and don’t have access to trade so getting a Diadem to drop has been harder than I thought. Has anyone seen any definitive info on the changes to the drop mechanics or rate? I’ve been doing the T1-T3 farm strategy and am 0-10 or so.

I did see one listed on trade at item level 70 yesterday and there are 100-113 available at ilvl 75 but the vast majority at ilvl 85 or higher. Is this a red herring just because more are running her at the higher ilvl?

On a separate topic, I ended up completely ailment avoidant (>100%) due to pure coincidence on my gear rolls. Should I switch my Pantheon/Brine King or not? Any recommended alternatives?

so, we use tempest shield to be shock immune. because as an ailment, shock is one of the most fatal ailments we can be afflicted by (another being something like scorch). being ailment avoidant/immune is a huge defensive boost to our build. this means that tempest shield is no longer "required" - outside of wanting to get some spell block.

thus, without a devouring diadem, you can run the remaining auras - hatred/malevolence/determination/grace/defiance banner comfortably. with a devouring diadem, you can run one more 50% aura - but there are not many which would be game breaking.

major pantheon brine king is purely for the stun immunity. nothing about ailments, so I would still maintain it for a defensive layer.

for now, run all the major DPS/defensive auras, and you should still be very tanky because you are not shocked.

regarding drop rates: guide creator will reply you, he has some info on that
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on Apr 23, 2023, 12:37:22 PM
"
Porterhaus wrote:
"

Devouring Diadem drop rate has probably been nerfed in 3.21. The trade league price is the same as the previous leagues but lower demand is a contributor to that. From the 3.21 patch notes:
"
The Unique Item drop chances for Catarina, Master of Undeath have been rebalanced.

Probably due to more people running her at a higher ilvl.

That's kinda lucky. You can run Lunaris for mapping (Solaris for bossing) if you don't find yourself being chain stunned (I don't). I am running Lunaris.
Last edited by LkGGz on Apr 23, 2023, 12:58:58 PM
Still 0-12 on Diadem drops so I'm stuck on the EoM version, but if anyone has any build advice for a private league/SSF player on his second ever league I'd welcome it: https://pobb.in/yqS2vjB_0utc

I'd love to find a better Amethyst Ring with some dex so I can swap out my stat jewel from my tree for damage, and I'm missing damage rolls generally all over but the pieces are coming together at least. I need to find 24% spell suppression via better rolls as well.

Last edited by Porterhaus on Apr 23, 2023, 10:43:45 PM
"
Porterhaus wrote:
Still 0-12 on Diadem drops so I'm stuck on the EoM version, but if anyone has any build advice for a private league/SSF player on his second ever league I'd welcome it: https://pobb.in/Vd_SDpF_bTkI

I'd love to find a better Amethyst Ring with some dex so I can swap out my stat jewel from my tree for damage, and I'm missing damage rolls generally all over but the pieces are coming together at least. I need to find 24% spell suppression via better rolls as well.

Just some basic high-level observations as you are running quite a different variant with spell suppression and I do not want to make recommendations that alter your build significantly:

1. Get quality on flasks. They will increase the amount healed for life and increased duration for utilities.

2. Is the attack speed roll on your granite flask for shield charge?

3. You are running two sources of onslaught (boots and flasks). Consider quartz and basalt flasks if you do not have issues with the onslaught uptime.

4. Check around your private league if you can piece together a stack of A Chilling Wind (https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/A_Chilling_Wind) for VCS lvl 21

5. Get quality on flame dash and divine blessing

6. I observed that you are trying to 21-20 gems for your auras. Quality on the aura gems only provide increased area of effect. If you are mapping solo, it is more important to get lvl 21 aura gems.

7. Are you utilizing your glove's implicit cold damage leech? Otherwise, roll your gloves for Eater: inflict cold exposure, Exarch: CDoT multiplier. If you prefer to rely on your helmet for cold exposure that's your personal preference.

8. Roll eater/exarch influence on your chest.

9. If you are okay with self-casting frostbite, you can switch submission for a rare unset ring that can cover your dex/chaos issues.

10. If you are sticking to this weapon for some time, harvest craft weapon quality for elemental damage.

11. Consider taking Practical Application for stats and resistances. It is a very value 2 SP spend, even for trade league.

Let me know your thoughts on the above observations.
"
1. Get quality on flasks. They will increase the amount healed for life and increased duration for utilities.

3. You are running two sources of onslaught (boots and flasks). Consider quartz and basalt flasks if you do not have issues with the onslaught uptime.

4. Check around your private league if you can piece together a stack of A Chilling Wind (https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/A_Chilling_Wind) for VCS lvl 21

6. I observed that you are trying to 21-20 gems for your auras. Quality on the aura gems only provide increased area of effect. If you are mapping solo, it is more important to get lvl 21 aura gems.

7. Are you utilizing your glove's implicit cold damage leech? Otherwise, roll your gloves for Eater: inflict cold exposure, Exarch: CDoT multiplier. If you prefer to rely on your helmet for cold exposure that's your personal preference.

9. If you are okay with self-casting frostbite, you can switch submission for a rare unset ring that can cover your dex/chaos issues.

10. If you are sticking to this weapon for some time, harvest craft weapon quality for elemental damage.

11. Consider taking Practical Application for stats and resistances. It is a very value 2 SP spend, even for trade league.

This was all incredibly helpful. Thank you for taking the time to help a newbie out while he transitions to your build! I actually just got a Legacy of Fury to drop a few minutes ago and have made many of the edits you suggested here: https://pobb.in/GBOR-VTRr_Dy

For #8, what eater/exarch affixes would you recommend targeting on the chest?
"
Porterhaus wrote:
"

This was all incredibly helpful. Thank you for taking the time to help a newbie out while he transitions to your build! I actually just got a Legacy of Fury to drop a few minutes ago and have made many of the edits you suggested here: https://pobb.in/GBOR-VTRr_Dy

For #8, what eater/exarch affixes would you recommend targeting on the chest?

Glad to help. Congrats on your Legacy of Fury :)

The best exarch mod is probably "increased effect of non-curse auras from your skills".

For eater, get increased aura effect of malevolence/hatred in the presence of a unique enemy (or the generic version without presence of a unique enemy).
Hi im currently following the maxroll guide closely. But still i think i have some problems with it. I try to stay as close as possible to the guide but somehow my POB shows less Damage than the one from Maxroll (Midgame). I follow each Milestone step by step.

Maybe you have some advices as you seem to know the build inside out.
Maybe i should switch to this one.

Here is my POB :

https://pobb.in/ry9n0vYQp2tD

I personally i think my damage is on the "good" side. But still not as high as what is shown in the Maxroll POB. THey Maxroll POB even has some differences to the Passive Tree implemented in their site. Their are some discrepancies.

I try to farm expedition Logbooks but the Boss Vorana obliterates everytime. ANd i have problems with the Searing Exarch Meteor(i dont know if it a Downside from the Altars) I can't survive that. And i dont know why. My Health just drops and i need my lifeflask multiple times and Enduring Cry to survive it MAYBE.

THanks for your advices. I hope i can fix that as generally i like that build a lot. Its my first time i'm that far in a league. Still working on completing the atlas as i took 2 days just for staying in hideout and fixing my damage (800k -> 4 mil).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info