[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Fuhron wrote:
Hi im currently following the maxroll guide closely. But still i think i have some problems with it. I try to stay as close as possible to the guide but somehow my POB shows less Damage than the one from Maxroll (Midgame). I follow each Milestone step by step.

Maybe you have some advices as you seem to know the build inside out.
Maybe i should switch to this one.

Here is my POB :

https://pobb.in/ry9n0vYQp2tD

I personally i think my damage is on the "good" side. But still not as high as what is shown in the Maxroll POB. THey Maxroll POB even has some differences to the Passive Tree implemented in their site. Their are some discrepancies.

I try to farm expedition Logbooks but the Boss Vorana obliterates everytime. ANd i have problems with the Searing Exarch Meteor(i dont know if it a Downside from the Altars) I can't survive that. And i dont know why. My Health just drops and i need my lifeflask multiple times and Enduring Cry to survive it MAYBE.

THanks for your advices. I hope i can fix that as generally i like that build a lot. Its my first time i'm that far in a league. Still working on completing the atlas as i took 2 days just for staying in hideout and fixing my damage (800k -> 4 mil).

Your molten shell is not activating. You need to keep it at lvl 10 as CWDT lvl 1 only supports skills up to a certain level.

Since you do not have reduced effect of shock jewels (that's how TPB gets shock immunity because he cannot run Tempest Shield with EoM), consider rerolling your quartz flask for reduced effect of shock.

Trade search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/dWyoWB3hJ

Yes, meteor is an altar mod. If you're standing still you will get hit, and you will get hit a lot of damage if you took the reduced fire resistances altar mod in the same map.

Can you send me a link of the POB that you are trying to compare against?
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
Fuhron wrote:
Hi im currently following the maxroll guide closely. But still i think i have some problems with it. I try to stay as close as possible to the guide but somehow my POB shows less Damage than the one from Maxroll (Midgame). I follow each Milestone step by step.

Maybe you have some advices as you seem to know the build inside out.
Maybe i should switch to this one.

Here is my POB :

https://pobb.in/ry9n0vYQp2tD

I personally i think my damage is on the "good" side. But still not as high as what is shown in the Maxroll POB. THey Maxroll POB even has some differences to the Passive Tree implemented in their site. Their are some discrepancies.

I try to farm expedition Logbooks but the Boss Vorana obliterates everytime. ANd i have problems with the Searing Exarch Meteor(i dont know if it a Downside from the Altars) I can't survive that. And i dont know why. My Health just drops and i need my lifeflask multiple times and Enduring Cry to survive it MAYBE.

THanks for your advices. I hope i can fix that as generally i like that build a lot. Its my first time i'm that far in a league. Still working on completing the atlas as i took 2 days just for staying in hideout and fixing my damage (800k -> 4 mil).

read this post by guide creator. there are many in this thread who initially followed TPB/Maxroll but had some problems with the build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183/page/2#p24936007

the maxroll/TPB build is still a CDOT build, with similar playstyles. the problem is that the lack of information and motivation behind certain gear choices/late game optimization means players (who are new to CDOT in general), do not know how to continue scaling their DPS/defenses.
Hi thanks for the fast reply.

The molten Shell think. i didn't even notice. i will fix this asap.

Here is the POBB of TPB Maxroll Cold Dot : All in one POB - https://pobb.in/FoDlj2Smtcbu

if you change everything to midgame (gems,tree and items). he does close to 2 mil dmg more than me. even though im already in the midgame milestones of the guide.

The problem with "not knowing how to scale properly" i can relate to that.

So you would say if i transition to this build here i have more success ? i had success with a bit of optimization. now i can do the logbooks and vorana without a problem. But still the dmg is behind what the POBB says.
Last edited by Fuhron on Apr 24, 2023, 8:10:13 AM
"
Fuhron wrote:

Here is the POBB of TPB Maxroll Cold Dot : All in one POB - https://pobb.in/FoDlj2Smtcbu

if you change everything to midgame (gems,tree and items). he does close to 2 mil dmg more than me. even though im already in the midgame milestones of the guide.

So you would say if i transition to this build here i have more success ? i had success with a bit of optimization. now i can do the logbooks and vorana without a problem. But still the dmg is behind what the POBB says.

read here for my post on some of the multipliers we look for to scale DPS in this build

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183/page/11#p24957700

btw, my creeping frost dmg has changed, it's closer to 9.4m dps. guide maker has a youtube video to show where the damage comes from.

the POBB you linked has 5m combined dps. on a budget of 35-40d, i've build a character that has hit 29m combined dps. on a tighter budget (25-30d), you can easily get 75%+ of that dps. one of the reasons we can do this compared to the TPB/Maxroll guide is because we completely ignore spell suppression. makes gearing and the passive tree a lot easier/point efficient for DoT DPS. the other being we use devouring diadem helm, for much better QOL
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on Apr 24, 2023, 8:26:45 AM
But why are you ignoring Spell suppression ? im fairly new to POE (400 hours roughly) and why is spell supression neglectable ?
"
Fuhron wrote:
But why are you ignoring Spell suppression ? im fairly new to POE (400 hours roughly) and why is spell supression neglectable ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183/page/17#p24967900

described in this post above. if you can get 100%, good. otherwise, it "feels" bad. because when the spell is not suppressed, you take full damage.

imagine this. with a 100% spell suppression, you aim for 3k HP. with a 0% spell suppression, you aim for 5k HP.

what if you have 50% spell suppression? do you aim for 4k HP? no, because if you don't suppress the spell, you will die. and if you do suppress the spell, then why do you need 4k? since 3k HP would be sufficient.

what if you aim for 5k HP all the time, regardless of suppression? then what we feel is that you are not "gaining" any actual defensive advantage from stacking suppression (if not 100%), apart from minor "oh i didn't lose all my life in that spell hit". we find the SP spent better used on DPS or other defensive notables.

how much you invest into spell suppression (whether SP or on gear) - directly competes with other investments into DPS/defenses.
Oh i see. That is of course plausible. Yet when i look at poe.ninja at the current builds of cold dot. Most people play Eye of Malice and only a really really small percentage plays Devouring DIadem. Is that because of the popularity of maxroll and streamers promoting it or what is your opinion on this ? would you say this build here is better than the one from maxroll. as the creator wrote something along the lines "maxroll build is more for pinnacle bosses".

i dead read the creators post pointing out the differences between the two builds. this one here and maxroll. But which one is better for what ?

What does pinnacle bosses mean. Ubers ? So far i didnt kill a boss. please dont flame me :D Im fairly new. But i can run T16 fairly safe now with mit limited understanding of POE. Its only a few affixes i have a problem with.

Can you point out mods that are not good for cold dot builds ?
for example whenever i see the mod "can regnerate life,energy" i scourge that map.
"
Fuhron wrote:
Oh i see. That is of course plausible. Yet when i look at poe.ninja at the current builds of cold dot. Most people play Eye of Malice and only a really really small percentage plays Devouring DIadem. Is that because of the popularity of maxroll and streamers promoting it or what is your opinion on this ? would you say this build here is better than the one from maxroll. as the creator wrote something along the lines "maxroll build is more for pinnacle bosses".

i dead read the creators post pointing out the differences between the two builds. this one here and maxroll. But which one is better for what ?

What does pinnacle bosses mean. Ubers ? So far i didnt kill a boss. please dont flame me :D Im fairly new. But i can run T16 fairly safe now with mit limited understanding of POE. Its only a few affixes i have a problem with.

Can you point out mods that are not good for cold dot builds ?
for example whenever i see the mod "can regnerate life,energy" i scourge that map.

GGG announced that the Devouring Diadem drop rate will be nerfed in 3.21. I believe that the popular streamers moved away from Devouring Diadem because they thought that it would be very expensive like omniscience. Before 3.21 went live, I addressed the cost issue in the FAQ, highlighting that other builds that used Devouring Diadem in 3.20 were nerfed and hence the demand would plummet. Sure enough, the demand went down and the price is the same as the previous league.

Of course the above is speculation and at times a self-fulfilling prophecy. If two or more popular streamers promoted the Devouring Diadem route, the price could possibly skyrocket to an exorbitant range. There are also many other reasons why EoM is more popular on the PoE Ninja.

Devouring Diadem is better for mapping and EoM is better for pinnacle bossing. No worries, we all started as a beginner :p

Pinnacle bosses are Uber bosses like Uber Sirus. If you are spending most of your time mapping, then Devouring Diadem will be better. If you are spending most of your time fighting bosses, then EoM is a better fit.

Devouring Diadem can do all map mods. I will soon be releasing a video on how to farm 3.3 divines per hour without juicing. In that video, you will see me putting maps into the map device without even looking at the mods.

While you are on EoM, you should avoid the following: poison on hit, no regeneration, less recovery rate.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
Fuhron wrote:

1. Your shield has ~90% less spell damage
2. Your gems are behind. If you view his gems in POB, his supports are mostly lvl 20 with 20% quality. His VCS is lvl 20 vs your lvl 19 (btw you should get VCS lvl 21 as there is a new divination card in 3.21). His auras are lvl 21.
3. His gloves has CDoT multi
Last edited by LkGGz on Apr 24, 2023, 2:48:20 PM
Just got a nice DPS Amulet for the build:

I had some struggles with my resistances after equiping it, but I feel like the amulet justifies that.

Out of curiosity: I paid 3div for it and felt like that price was a steal. How much would you think it is worth?
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info