[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Kronodude wrote:
Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll start off looking for the carcass jack then I can spend the rest on gem upgrades etc. I can always upgrade later.

for now, it seems carcass jack with +1 sockets (or even the +2 duration/aoe), or double corrupted ones (high budget) with the correct lines are great value (compared to SOTL).

SOTL remains BIS because of the defenses it gives. myself, i went full dps, and didn't really need the AOE from carcass jack when i self crafted the below:

Skin of the Loyal would be the budget version of Skin of the Lords. Same def but lower DPS.

Alternatively, you can look for +4 gem base and tainted craft it to 6L like what SOK did.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Hi! Fellow cold dot player here.

I've been following TPD's guide on maxroll and recently came across this post.

I'm not sure where to progress next here. I just recently spec-ed into ghost dance and mind over matter, mapping has been a breeze but not yet quite fast enough for my liking.

I might be over-doing it with stacking defences but that's because I don't want to roll my maps too much, any tips is greatly appreciated.

POB: https://pobb.in/QGGtamzxcHAs
Last edited by ins1d1ouz on Apr 21, 2023, 12:01:00 PM
"
"
DopeOnWax wrote:
I'm really enjoying this build. Leveling has been great. Pretty chill. Scales nice off gems alone. Maybe I missed something in the guide but is there a reason we don't use curse on hit rings? Are there any differences between auto and self cast?

Glad that you are enjoying the build! :)

You can use curse on hit rings but something else will have to give.

A simple ring with at least 75 life 100% resistances currently costs around 5 chaos on trade.

If you wish to add a curse on hit stat on the ring, the cost will balloon to 8 divines and beyond (in fact, there are currently only 4 of such rings listed on trade even if you include the players who are offline).

If you wish to get better stats, such a ring may not even be available for sale on the entire server! Either that or the price will be exorbitant.

As the doom mechanic has been removed, auto and self-cast is the same.

Btw we typically only use curses on tanky rares and bosses, so self-casting will not slow down our mapping.

Thanks for the really quick reply. New to CDOT. Slowly transitioning to this build. Glad there's a healthy thread going on here. Full of good advice. I'll need it lol
"
ins1d1ouz wrote:
Hi! Fellow cold dot player here.

I've been following TPD's guide on maxroll and recently came across this post.

I'm not sure where to progress next here. I just recently spec-ed into ghost dance and mind over matter, mapping has been a breeze but not yet quite fast enough for my liking.

I might be over-doing it with stacking defences but that's because I don't want to roll my maps too much, any tips is greatly appreciated.

POB: https://pobb.in/QGGtamzxcHAs

Hi fellow cold dot player!

I think where to progress next depends on whether you want to stick to the maxroll variant or Jungroan's variant.

If you want to stick to the maxroll version, you should upgrade your Empower 3 to Empower 4. That will increase your Vortex and CF DoT DPS by about 14%. You should also get 20% qual on flame dash as it lowers the cooldown. You can also get quality on your support flasks for longer duration. You currently have two flasks with the armour roll. They do not stack. Consider switching one of them to reduced effect of curses.

If you wish to transition to Jungroan's variant, start with purchasing a devouring diadem and switching from Defiance Banner to Tempest Shield. If you wish to keep Defiance Banner, get a jewel with 2% mana reservation efficiency to run 5 auras. Next, purchase Skin of the Lords and Coward's Legacy + Vulnerability Immunity Watchers' Eye. Lastly, acquire the forbidden Frigid Wake jewel set.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Last edited by LkGGz on Apr 21, 2023, 2:17:02 PM
Hi Again,

Over the weekend I'm going to be upgrading and putting some work into the build to try to push it further into the endgame. I have a few outstanding questions that I couldn't find answers to here. I appreciate the help cause evening though I've played a lot some of the POB stuff still eludes me.

I was looking at paper and son of korhal builds and I noticed that you forgo spell suppression. Are there any other defenses we go after to maintain survivability?

With losing Evasion on my helmet I want to spec out of Magebane and evasion/suppression nodes to take other stuff but I'm worried I don't have enough armor and evasion.

"
Kronodude wrote:
Hi Again,

Over the weekend I'm going to be upgrading and putting some work into the build to try to push it further into the endgame. I have a few outstanding questions that I couldn't find answers to here. I appreciate the help cause evening though I've played a lot some of the POB stuff still eludes me.

I was looking at paper and son of korhal builds and I noticed that you forgo spell suppression. Are there any other defenses we go after to maintain survivability?

With losing Evasion on my helmet I want to spec out of Magebane and evasion/suppression nodes to take other stuff but I'm worried I don't have enough armor and evasion.

Hi there! We find that survivability is fine without spell suppression. Overall, it is your personal decision on how much defense and offense you wish to allocate. Game knowledge in dodging certain large hitting mechanics (shaper beam, detonate dead, etc.) also plays a part in survivability.

1. Skin of the Lords will provide a lot of armour and evasion.

2. If you want more def, you can pick up Defiance Banner. How:
a. Drop faster attacks/arcanist brand/culling strike for one socket
b. Pick up a jewel with 2% or more mana reservation efficiency of skills
Trade search link: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/6g2Pn2qcG

3. SOK is not using SotL but his DPS is so high that he kills the monsters before he walks around them. Therefore, he has opted to drop phasing for Quartz Flask for Basalt Flask which provides him with more armour. Phasing is generally mandatory for this build and so you may want to try it out and see if the non-phasing playstyle suits you. Alternatively, can also get phasing from jewels but it will not be as reliable as a flask.

4. Offense is also the best defense. The faster you kill the monsters => the less chance they have to kill you.

If you are trying to level to 100, I recommend 5-ways instead of running low juice maps. You will be overall better off.
Last edited by LkGGz on Apr 21, 2023, 10:55:39 PM
Thanks, Re-spec the build and it feels good. I'm going to change to a phasing flask for a bit more ease but everything is melting.

BTW what pantheon did you take once you have frigid wake? Or do you keep Brine King?
"
Kronodude wrote:
Thanks, Re-spec the build and it feels good. I'm going to change to a phasing flask for a bit more ease but everything is melting.

BTW what pantheon did you take once you have frigid wake? Or do you keep Brine King?

Glad to hear that it feels good.

I am currently using Soul of Lunaris for mapping.
"
Kronodude wrote:

i still maintain brine king for the stuns. even have a evasion mastery for stun avoidance, and my flask is rolled for recovery/avoidance. overall, dont really get stunned, but also not a bad way to spend an SP. other pantheons are within margins of triviality so i picked the one i would be most annoyed "without".

regarding spell suppression, guide creator and myself philosophically agree that spell suppression is something you either have 100% or 0%. because when you suppress a spell, you take 50% spell dmg. but if your spell suppression is 70%, then 30% of the time you take... say 5000 dmg, while 70% of the time you take 2500 dmg.

you are only interested in large hits that will kill you. and you cannot plan your defenses/life/effective health pool in a manner that says "30% of the time you will die, 70% of the time you will survive". if you plan such that 100% of the time you can take the 100% hit, and 70% of the time it's nice to only get hit for 50% of the damage, then yes, you can allocate spell suppression - but I find it always at a cost of some other SP/gear choices.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info