3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

"
We've worked towards making it so that players don't feel compelled to rush straight to map bosses in order to maximise their rewards.

Except you didn't change anything. Now we will be incentivised to rush through the map, click all the boss altars and *then* rush the boss and skip everything else. Nobody is going to "intuit" how many eldritch packs there are on a map. People don't read, they sure as hell won't start counting enemies.

But I welcome the change to give make Maven influence a purpose.
"
Bentic wrote:
And again more loot nerfs.
Third skip in a row and I guess it will be the game quit as well.

Hf who has fun, rest of us cya in other games.

It could be, it may not, now we get rusted scarabs to the main pool. We got 3-1 Ugprade Scarabs.

Altars got rid of the trash currency and can actually give Divine Currency.

Maven Influenced Bosses can drop awakened Gems (depending how common or what the ratio is can be good).

You are jumping the gun before even getting a feel or knowing details and reacting to a "Discussion and brief summary of changes" that were made.

Wait for the patch notes...Make your decision there. If it looks good Play, if not then wait it out.

I'm annoyed at the last couple of leagues as well, but that was because of Arch Nem. And I'm fine for QOL Changes to loot as long as the loot doesnt feel worse.

Still want to see changes to skills and changes gear progression.
Last edited by xRev703 on Nov 21, 2022, 6:12:34 PM
Guess we'll see how hard these altar nerfs hit. . .
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
Nice! Nerfs needed on altars my friend made multiple mirrors in the first week just abusing altars for the last 2 leagues.
"
mrpibadi wrote:
"
Rebekah_GGG wrote:
"
mrpibadi wrote:

I'm so fed up with it all that I can say that for both of my core so far, I still haven't received physical rewards, and GGGS find any excuses not to send them to me. So think gentlemen, if I have spent more than $ 2k in the game, and still have not received physical rewards - how does this company treat those who have not invested a penny at all? If they don't even care about me =)))))

Hi there, if you're having issues receiving your merchandise, please email us at merch@grindinggear.com and we can investigate for you.

Hi, Rebekah. Unfortunately, your support team is not able to do anything. They refer to the fact that no one is allegedly able to make delivery to Russia. The absurd is incredible. I still calmly receive parcels even from the USA, and no one has ever told me more absurd than the way your company responds. If you made a commitment during the sale of the goods to deliver physical goods to me, and now refer to that. that you have problems with delivery - buy a ticket to Russia, I'll meet you here.

If you think that almost a year after the purchase, your support service offers me some ridiculous meaningless 600 coins - this is an adequate answer for the person who supports you from the closed beta test - then I am very sorry for your company. I bought exclusive physical goods, and you refuse to send them, it's not my problem, it's your problem.

In a good way, then you would be able to close the opportunity for the entire CIS and Russia to make any purchases that include physical goods, since you are unable to deliver them and take off any responsibility. Have a conscience at last.

Hi there, I'm afraid all of the shipment companies we work with are unable to deliver to this region at the moment, so we have no other option. If you have an alternative shipping address or have any questions related to merchandise or shipping, please email us at merch@grindinggear.com. :)
After the announcement of the archnemesis change i see on your post and Reddit so much love for GGG i was so happy for you, we thought you understood that you reconnected with your fans..

And we see that you still haven't understood anything it's going to be 5 season nerf after nerf there will be nothing left despite all the warning signs,

Hoping someone awake at GGG reads this post,

STOP wasting your time, you have 2 weeks left to give some love to melee skills like cyclone, we're tired of having to epilate 3 defensive auras to hope to finish a t10 without dying, Please someone at GGG take 1 day between ruthless mode and poe 2 for up skills gems, this will make 4 league that the meta didnt change, give us a little explode build or bleed build, Up drop, Up player power,

If we have nothing to do nothing to drop nothing to play what do we do,

Don't be complex about the idea that player take fun,

The only thing 95% of people want is fun, and the others have soon ruthless,

(I miss you 3.13)

"
This is one of those cases where the most efficient and rewarding gameplay strategy undermines the expected gameplay loop and encourages players to do things that aren't really fun.

consider this

map bosses aren't fun
"
mrpibadi wrote:
"
Rebekah_GGG wrote:
"
mrpibadi wrote:

I'm so fed up with it all that I can say that for both of my core so far, I still haven't received physical rewards, and GGGS find any excuses not to send them to me. So think gentlemen, if I have spent more than $ 2k in the game, and still have not received physical rewards - how does this company treat those who have not invested a penny at all? If they don't even care about me =)))))

Hi there, if you're having issues receiving your merchandise, please email us at merch@grindinggear.com and we can investigate for you.

Hi, Rebekah. Unfortunately, your support team is not able to do anything. They refer to the fact that no one is allegedly able to make delivery to Russia. The absurd is incredible. I still calmly receive parcels even from the USA, and no one has ever told me more absurd than the way your company responds. If you made a commitment during the sale of the goods to deliver physical goods to me, and now refer to that. that you have problems with delivery - buy a ticket to Russia, I'll meet you here.

If you think that almost a year after the purchase, your support service offers me some ridiculous meaningless 600 coins - this is an adequate answer for the person who supports you from the closed beta test - then I am very sorry for your company. I bought exclusive physical goods, and you refuse to send them, it's not my problem, it's your problem.

In a good way, then you would be able to close the opportunity for the entire CIS and Russia to make any purchases that include physical goods, since you are unable to deliver them and take off any responsibility. Have a conscience at last.

Dude, as you said, you are from Russia. It might be shocking to you, but there might be one big issue with importing or mailing anything to Russia thanks to one little problem which started early this year. The people responsible for this situation with your physical goods are not either from GGG, Jinx or shipping company, if you will take more than 5 seconds and think about it you will know why.
Not gonna lie, this is a mixed bag for me.

On one hand: I like that bosses can drop woke gems when being witnessed by the Maven. Some of them are absolute jackpots like Awakened Multistrike. I like that rusted scarabs are being added to the core drop pool which should likely make rusted scarabs cheaper in the market.

On the other: Getting eldritch currency from altars, which is a very stable and consistent form of income at the risk of being more dangerous, got hit real bad with making the two influence keystones exclusive to their respective influences. There's also the attempt at making boss altar bonuses more desirable, which I'm skeptical of.

Honestly, I prefer Maven anyway. My summoner builds tend to shine the best against bosses and not groups of monsters or mapping. Making bosses influenced by her more rewarding is a big plus in my book.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Altars were the one thing saving loot in this game. I would've quit day 2 last league if this implementation of altars was already in the game. They literally kept me playing. You just did another loot nerf basically, but band-aided with buffed currency drops. Big whoop, good uniques are so expensive now that you need so many divine orbs just to buy them that divines better drop elsewhere more frequently now that loot goblins are gone. I can't invest myself into your game when you keep doing this stuff without giving us anything in return. You have heard the alkaizer line about scissors and chopping things off with no replacement plenty of times by now, but did you really take it to heart?

Also random maven-influenced map bosses dropping Awakened gems is identity-ruining and makes it so these gems no longer feel special. Imagine if you did the same thing with watcher's eyes and elder influence...
Tencentorship
Last edited by jrv209 on Nov 21, 2022, 6:34:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info