3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

I like a lot of these changes, but I'm very worried that the "20-60 eldritch packs per map, choose altars based on guessing how many" will feel terrible in practice.

Both

"Oh, now suddenly there's lots of eldritch packs, guess I should have picked the other altar mod"

and

"Huh, suddendly there's no more edlritch packs, guess I should have picked the other altar mod"

could feel extremely disappointing and frustrating in a way that might make me drop the league very quickly.
Really nice changes overall.
While you're at that, I wish you revisited Altar downsides, specifically Searing Exarch ones. They completely kill flasks even on builds not that dependant on flasks; also added / extra chaos damage modifiers have same magnitude as elemental damage, which doesn't make any sense. Right now to comfortably run Exarch influence you better be CI and wear Mageblood, otherwise its just bad.
So .... the atlars are just entirely in the game the way they were before, only they are more numerous, which means that this makes MORE obstructing big GUI elements that display even MORE texts, and still give uninteresting binary choices ?

=/

You did manage to make the whole thing worse ...

edit : apparently the number of altars should remain the same on average, I wasn't aware of the spawning rules so .... it's still the same useless uninteresting GUI elements, potentially bigger (if you put more text in it).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 21, 2022, 7:37:12 PM
"

Dude, as you said, you are from Russia. It might be shocking to you, but there might be one big issue with importing or mailing anything to Russia thanks to one little problem which started early this year. The people responsible for this situation with your physical goods are not either from GGG, Jinx or shipping company, if you will take more than 5 seconds and think about it you will know why.

Isn't this always the big company vs single customer scenario? If GGG's shipping partners are not able to ship to Russia, GGG should not sell physical goods to customers in Russia. Kind of lame of you to hit on one of 'us', the community, no matter the nationality. Perhaps you should join one of these political parties and try your luck there with your 'critical mind'.
"The Hate continued exactly as before, except that the target had been changed." ~ Orwell, 1984
"
The Wrath of the Cosmos Keystone encouraged players to risk a level of danger that was outside their capability because of how valuable its rewards were. In some cases, it made more sense to die a few times per map than forgo the level of rewards this keystone offered. This is not ideal, to say the least.

Not ideal? Why exactly not? You give us six portals but get upset when we use them? Oh no, players are actually pushing their limits in maps. Can't have that.
I like it so far, just hope there won't be any underlying opposite things
Sounds like altars will have even more reading on them with the added reward types. :(
hahahahaha...........
"
I like a lot of these changes, but I'm very worried that the "20-60 eldritch packs per map, choose altars based on guessing how many" will feel terrible in practice.

Both

"Oh, now suddenly there's lots of eldritch packs, guess I should have picked the other altar mod"

and

"Huh, suddendly there's no more edlritch packs, guess I should have picked the other altar mod"

could feel extremely disappointing and frustrating in a way that might make me drop the league very quickly.

Yep, GGG, please fix yourself on a good number here. Players cannot intuit, or however the hell you call it, the number of packs on the first altar choice. It seems that only this fact will lead to a bosser-meta and can kill the fun for the majority of the people.
"The Hate continued exactly as before, except that the target had been changed." ~ Orwell, 1984

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info