3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

While on the topic of upgrading scarabs to higher tiers, could you allow to upgrade eldritch currency as well? Up to Grand orso.
nice
So far, so good.
A.k.a. Sinisa / sinisasub85.
"
Previously, Eldritch-Influenced Maps would always spawn exactly 60 packs within a map. They will now spawn somewhere between 20 and 60 packs per map. It's a large enough variance that the difference should be notable. It should also encourage more decision making around Altars. For example, if you intuit that it may be a 20 pack map, you might be more inclined to pick more Map Boss modifiers as there won't be as many Influence Monsters in the map to get other rewards from.

Lets see how this works in practice. I assume you have to run a few dozen maps of one certain influence type to make a guess how much packs spawn to make a decision if you go for boss rewards or influence packs rewards.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 21, 2022, 5:44:01 PM
I've only read this once but first impressions, I like this a lot. I like the fact that I won't have to path to both sets of eldritch keystones at once. I like altars not being "the" strategy. I really like the scarab and Maven changes, those are very niice. The pack count variation sounds quite extreme but I'm looking forward to trying it, some variety is good. All sounds fun to me.

Hoping embers are still fairly attainable. I also hope in balancing that you'll allow for the fact that there's (cough obviously) only oneish boss. Given boss kills are required for map completion, the boss extras have to be really quite impressive to be preferable to chancing it with even less impactful pack mods, and I didn't feel they were before.

Speaking of which, can you do something about altar text length at some future point? A la the Nemesis 2.0 change, e.g. "Ignites"? They're a little TL;DR at the moment.

I'm not much of a juicer but I'd really like to hear about plans to support that playstyle at some point, given 3.19 balance adjustments. I suspect GGG do want to encourage people to juice maps quite heavily in exchange for rewards, even in groups, and whilst that's not me, I'd like to know there's somewhere to go from alch and go (much as I do enjoy alch and go) and for those players to enjoy the game and spread some positive energy.
Overall, I like these changes. If I really can more effectively target farm reward types(even if they drop in smaller quantities), that's a good thing. I don't like feeling as if I have to constantly trade people in order to get a reasonable number of sextants to roll(currently, it's a total crapshoot) because the drops are too unpredictable. I just hope the higher altar spawn chance really does offset at least some of the overall drop nerf.

Scarab upgrading is a HUGE improvement!

As for Wrath of the Cosmos, I used it a lot at first but dying several times per map made it too frustrating, so I stopped using that to farm anyway. The only concern I have is that the Eldritch currencies might become far more scarce since this was a really big source of Ichor/Ember drops. If we could upgrade them with a 3:1 recipe as well, that would be an acceptable compromise in my eyes. Otherwise I'll probably just continue farming Eater of Worlds.

Overall, this one is a net positive to me - the scarab upgrade is the game changer here. Give me a week to try it out at league start and we'll see if that changes, but for now I am still cautiously optimistic.
Alright
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.
This actually sounds like really well though-out changes to improve the game for the better, I'm shocked. Good changes so far, keep it up. I'm not getting carried away, plenty of time for you guys to throw some curve balls to really mess things up.

I do have some worries about the state of the game on launch, previous launches have been us Beta testing a bit too much, I hope this is not the case this time round but I'm not too hopeful of that.
I LOVE TARGET FARMING! I will never complain about more places I can target farm, keep 'em coming.
---
https://twitch.tv/drunkndrivr
"
Rebekah_GGG wrote:
"
mrpibadi wrote:

I'm so fed up with it all that I can say that for both of my core so far, I still haven't received physical rewards, and GGGS find any excuses not to send them to me. So think gentlemen, if I have spent more than $ 2k in the game, and still have not received physical rewards - how does this company treat those who have not invested a penny at all? If they don't even care about me =)))))

Hi there, if you're having issues receiving your merchandise, please email us at merch@grindinggear.com and we can investigate for you.

Hi, Rebekah. Unfortunately, your support team is not able to do anything. They refer to the fact that no one is allegedly able to make delivery to Russia. The absurd is incredible. I still calmly receive parcels even from the USA, and no one has ever told me more absurd than the way your company responds. If you made a commitment during the sale of the goods to deliver physical goods to me, and now refer to that. that you have problems with delivery - buy a ticket to Russia, I'll meet you here.

If you think that almost a year after the purchase, your support service offers me some ridiculous meaningless 600 coins - this is an adequate answer for the person who supports you from the closed beta test - then I am very sorry for your company. I bought exclusive physical goods, and you refuse to send them, it's not my problem, it's your problem.

In a good way, then you would be able to close the opportunity for the entire CIS and Russia to make any purchases that include physical goods, since you are unable to deliver them and take off any responsibility. Have a conscience at last.
My Online Stream: https://vkplay.live/pibadi
My YouTube: https://youtube.com/pibadi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info