3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

"
jimhoward555 wrote:
"
xCKore wrote:
if drought bringer is removed im happy

lol... im like, wtf is drought bringer..

*google*

OHHH... yeh GGG you better listen to this guy. REMOVE DROUGHT BRINGER!!!

haha. man that is a shit mod. holy, ahhhh man it hurts just thinking about those drops... ewwwwww

Firstly, I'm sorry I stopped playing POE since 3.19 came out.

Secondly, I thought I could rid myself of the abuse from GGG while promoting their own "Vision".

Lastly, I'm trying to give this a chance again, and hope to play 3.20 to see if something has improved, though I don't expect much because there has been no post to my request from @bexsayswords for like 2 months now, and I don't know what matters anymore, fun or money...

P.S. *if* the answer is money, I will just write my own games because that is the true-er path to get players what they want.
OK finally, now GGG test your game and fix it

& THE LOOT ? ( 3.19 = historic loot nerf )

Players free times is precious !

Please give some clarification, how the loot conversion is changed.

Will there still be MF groups farming loot goblins that drop 80+ divines? Because if so, let me tell you that this is completely destroying your loot table ecosystem, because it causes massive inflation.
Mf xd op
"
In the new system, we have added a significant pool of new rewards to rares, but the reward that is on the monster is hidden

So basicly you put an incognito mod on 'Loot Goblins'. Feels like a cheap way to solve problems but whatever, I was not using MF cullers anyway.

If they remove Heralding Minions I would be the happiest man on earth.
Last edited by zsirfoka on Nov 17, 2022, 6:11:52 AM
3.19 was the first league I played in which I did not get to the last lab. I just could not find the will to play the game. It was like...meh! It was like...oooh, that's paint dying over there! Interesting! Fun! Exciting!
This post starts out so very great, but "we were careful to retain most of the interesting mechanics that Archnemesis introduced [but more rarely]" is something I'm not looking forward to. (Nor is "more crits" etc. really, that just means more deaths or having to build to always defeat "more crits" in case it appears.) I agree Archnemesis offers interesting game mechanics, abstractly. Certainly for an 80s 16-bit side-scrolling platformer. They are just not fun to me league after league and don't fit in with the world you made.

Yet the mechanics you built into each monster are. Miscreation hails of spiny death are great. Brutus is great. Those ****head little crabs on the beaches in Act 1 and 6 are great. (And so on.) This is good friction. I love to hate them and killing them all is very satisfying.

To me this is because they are thematic, animated, effective, avoidable, and easily identified before they happen (by looking at the monster), without sifting through flourescent paint / spinning orbs / auras / hover text. They only start to become unsporting when they beam in from orbit in massive waves (pinnacle boss chase).

Separately, "Rare monsters with more mods are more likely to have these special hidden reward mods", I think this is avoiding the problem. It removes the opportunity to go and do the annoying task, not the benefit from it. Magic find competing with combat gear affixes means I wasn't drawn to a magic find build last league and can't see it in 3.20 either, though it sounds like it's still effective.

This also feels risky. Every one of the last few leagues has started rough because of tweaks to rares. Good luck!
Last edited by Genstein on Nov 17, 2022, 7:22:11 AM
so rather than go and find a magic fond character for the specific mobs that have value to kill

it is not play magic find or suffer

i guess these mentioned changes might fix the issues people were having with archnemisis on a combat front

but this sounds like it will make the loot issues worse than they already were unless you were just playing magic find
"
The result is a system that is very similar to what monster mods used to be like, but with much more up-to-date content and balance. Mods are simpler and say exactly what they do. While you can certainly still rarely encounter scary combinations of mods that really wake you up, it's a lot rarer than it was under the Archnemesis system. We feel that the new system is more modern and interesting than the old monster mod/nemesis system and is clearer and easier to understand in the heat of combat than Archnemesis was.

By up-to-date u mean now mobs use spells instead of attacks like hasted rhoas
or flicking spiders thats why they never miss if u not spell block capped and all this shitty NEW mods which are most likely degens of many kinds and also stupidly annoying a bunch set of debuffs which just makes u slow from 17 to 99 % ?
PoE is saved! Praise be the Lord!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info