3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

[Removed by Support] I get it, people don't like change and AN was a big change. But it added back into the game some difficulties that had vanished over the years. Yes it was too one shotty and ground spammy, but the backlash certainly wasn't warranted to the extent of recent times.
The loot changes honestly were not as bad as people make out, it was a bit weird and underwhelming at times but the goblins were OK, obviously the league reward reduction was too hefty though. People need to understand that stretching out the gameplay goals from easily achievable week 1 to needing a couple of weeks to get there is a core design philosophy that poe has slowly lost, and this is due to players constantly causing an uproar when things don't go their way.
LTldr: Kalandra wasn't as bad as you think it was and could have been way better if y'all actually played with us, stop whining so vehemently and provide constructive feedback rather than just spewing vitriol.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Nov 16, 2022, 9:27:29 PM
GOOD JOB!We can play smoothly again!
I feel like they are finally listening somewhat at least. I am still sceptic about the hidden lootgoblin system but it is what it is. I would much rather see item based magic find/quant removed. Is this a redemption story though? I will for sure try 3.20 at least.

Happy to see Archnemesis go away!
LOL, you caved in to all the crying of the top 1%.
Archnemesis was totally fine for me and I don't even read the mods on the monsters...
I don't know what a rewarding league is since I never get more than a few exalt drops each league...
Sad to see Archemesis die, I enjoyed the basic idea of the system, and it did acutally provide me an ability to within a quarter second largely understand a mob in a broken up system can't (like, not won't this time, just physically cannot convay that amount of information at a speed the game moves, anything that takes more than 0.5 seconds in path is nearly unplayable bad, double so if it's a thing you ALSO are expected to avoid).

I'm middle in the hidden rewards, I played Kaladra into late end, you don't need an MF culler. I was SSF the entire run, and did just fine without a net brewed build I was mostly making up without any MF in it. It just means you <Gasp> have to spend more time playing the game. Rather than getting to end game in a week, it took a month!

Shock, you have to play the game to . . . you know, play the game? Getting the stuff is the point, if it's all offered up in a week, what was even the point?

Either way, I hope the new rare mob system is interesting, and they find a way to convay at least the important aspects of the mobs in as clear of a visual system as possible (i.e one that doesn't require me to mouse over the mob, which is what the Archnemsis package system did do, when there was a Siphoner, or a God Touched, or Mamga, you knew INSTANTLY, though just as previous you could get one shot before it registered if you where crusing too fast or where squish).

Also, in before the flood of players complaining about one shots they couldn't possibley see because the rare mods are unclear and reflect damage killed them we saw (and then suddenly didn't see) prior to Archnemesis.
"
ELS76 wrote:
What about global drop rate?

The loot goblins are now invisible. Good luck exile and please buy supporter packs and Kirac pass!
Does this mean that the rare mobs will have a "book", describing the mods on them? Because with Archnem you had up to 4 mods each with 3-5 effects, in order to reproduce the same rare monster with the new system you will have to have up to 20 lines of information. Or are rare monsters getting a downgrade, with a reduction of total amount of modifiers ?
Overall decent patch getting rid of AN. i'm concerned about the hiding part. what are you hiding, does it include percentage changes to drops? track record over the years shows they rarely just make such a simple change. it's just funny, people complain about going to TFT so they hide things eliminating the need for TFT.

Maybe with the Kirac pass we'll get loot goblin goggles?
Very nice. Thanks GGG
Thank you so much. This will be amazing.
Last edited by MtNak on Nov 16, 2022, 9:46:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info