3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

"
sidtherat wrote:
so.. we revert it completely and go back to the old system that in the past we called bad? but this time it is good?

lol.

no matter how it is dressed, it is old system with a new name. and it is a good thing. sad to see it took few leagues and A LOT of players that left and wont be returning
Just read the post.
Nice. I'm hopeful, let's see how it plays out.
Imo absolutley not neeeded.
People who are crying about AN mods just need to get better at the game.

In some cases, some absolutley negate builds, but hey. YOu can just not engage that monster and move on.

Imagine that.

I find this system is catering to the casual 80% player base and is dumbing down the game and ultimately a negative for both engagement and reward.

AN you won’t be missed?
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
Yes!!!!

This sounds very promising. The fact that the "spikiness" of the drops is smoother makes me so happy.

I'm still on fence not going into full hype mode, because I wanna see how the changes feel in-game, but these changes were just what I was hoping to see. Really hoping there are no massive hidden changes not mentioned anywhere this time :)

Looking good!
"
In the new system, we have added a significant pool of new rewards to rares, but the reward that is on the monster is hidden (and not associated with a specific mod), so you don't know what kind of rewards you will get until you kill the monster. Rare monsters with more mods are more likely to have these special hidden reward mods. This new reward system smooths out the spikiness that the Archnemesis reward system had.

in other words - nothing changed. goblin piñata is still a thing. dedicated party with a culler still as b4 but now richer since solo players without dedicated culler is poorer due inability to maximize their drop with TFT cullers.
you never learn do you ?
Most things look great but...

Loot goblins just have a different / new pool and the rewards are hidden.

No reverting of the "historic 4000% droprates" of old days, so by that effect:

-Loot goblins still exist
-Juicing maps probably still sucks

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I don't even have the energy to care at this point. The fact that you guys turned the main game into quazi-gauntlet mode for almost a year is so baffling to me. you need much more than just undoing your mistakes to rite this one.
Tencentorship
Sounds good on paper, gotta get the tuning right.

Good luck!
It's great to see that GGG is still willing to iterate on the designs of their systems.

This manifesto seems to do what GGG wants (interesting fights with rares) and what the players want (loot smoothness, readable mods).

Here's hoping it pans out :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info