3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

AN monsters should now be less annoying after you break down the current AN mods and split them into simpler ones.

There are still "more modern and interesting" mods like flask drain,heralding minions but the chance of if being an annyoing encounter is now way lower with the new diluted/bigger/simplified mod pool.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 16, 2022, 3:50:44 PM
"In Archnemesis, rewards were associated with individual mods. This meant that you could tell what kind of rewards you would get in advance. In some cases, you were then effectively required to fetch a magic-find culling character to make sure that you maximised the value of the monster mod that you had found. In other cases, you would ignore a monster completely if you knew that it would only drop rewards that were of no value to you. In the new system, we have added a significant pool of new rewards to rares, but the reward that is on the monster is hidden (and not associated with a specific mod), so you don't know what kind of rewards you will get until you kill the monster. Rare monsters with more mods are more likely to have these special hidden reward mods. This new reward system smooths out the spikiness that the Archnemesis reward system had."

do you guys realize that now is even more mandatory to run the game with magic find/quant char?

at least before you can use culler service and now you`re forced to use magic find quant char or be poor. lower the chances of uniques dropping, divines being used for metacrafts and not obtainable by six links just made the game so much worst. it looks to me that you totally misunderstand the consequences of your actions.
The amount of Divine Orbs in the trade league economy is significantly reduced by this change. I'd like to see that addressed somehow.

Also please just remove magic find from the game.
Last edited by bokkz1337 on Nov 16, 2022, 3:50:44 PM
The thematic names was never an issue for me, because I never had the opportunity to move the pointer on each monster to read those mod names.
you really just caved to the reddit complainers, next manifesto is going to say that you buffed currency drops by 1000% and all bow skills do 200000% more damage.

Ashame that minions are probably going to be nerfed again and made even squisher as they do unnecessarily every patch
Boynextdoor
My Online Stream: https://vkplay.live/pibadi
My YouTube: https://youtube.com/pibadi
I skipped lake of Kalandra and was considering skipping this 3.20 too, but, this post alone make me wanna play this next league and I prob will
Thank you. Last league was the least fun I have ever had with this game and it was primarily due to archnemesis. This is very close to what I wanted.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
I'm really happy about this change in particular. It is a huge example of listening to specific criticisms and acting on them. I'm looking forward to next league much more now. I hope most of the people complaining about these exact things can see how positive this news is even though it can't specifically address the concerns of each and every player because that would be impossible.
"
we doubling down for the 5th time baby, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

not really. They effectively removed AN, kinda, finally. What remains sounds much more like the old system than AN.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info