3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

YEP, good! Thanks Chris!!
"
Players are no longer required to do annoying actions to maximise rewards
In Archnemesis, rewards were associated with individual mods. This meant that you could tell what kind of rewards you would get in advance. In some cases, you were then effectively required to fetch a magic-find culling character to make sure that you maximised the value of the monster mod that you had found. In other cases, you would ignore a monster completely if you knew that it would only drop rewards that were of no value to you. In the new system, we have added a significant pool of new rewards to rares, but the reward that is on the monster is hidden (and not associated with a specific mod), so you don't know what kind of rewards you will get until you kill the monster. Rare monsters with more mods are more likely to have these special hidden reward mods. This new reward system smooths out the spikiness that the Archnemesis reward system had.

I'm not sure I understand how this actually resolves the issue. Does the hidden reward mod scale with MF?

What does
"
smooths out the spikiness that the Archnemesis reward system had
actually mean here? Is it just the conversion mod + MF scaling part or was there some other change?
So the loot goblins are still in but you will never know when you hit one....

Going to feel bad when you do but you know you have missed out on a good loot drop.
your wording always confuse me. So u only change the AN name?
Very nice change, much more comfortable to play 👍🏼
Good job GGG. Now lets take this next league to a higher level and make it rewarding and I will buy all the supporter packs.
Just here to be part of poe history
Last edited by Raikudou on Nov 16, 2022, 2:47:49 PM
Nice, finaly i wont feel pure anexiety when i go maping.
But what about all the useless drops? I dont want 50 flasks. I dont want 200 whetstones. Now i will still get them? I just won't know when?
"
Sukafu wrote:
I really enjoyed Archnemesis, I hope with these changes I can still get large drops of fractured/jewelry from random rare mobs.

So you enjoyed the loot. Theres no way you enjoyed the modifiers Arch Nemesis was bringing to the table. Thats fine but yeah most people hated the pop piñata amounts of loot. I think if they continue with this new change, i'm fine with a smaller batch of drops but more mixed based on the modifiers and not just one archtype of loot based on mods.

But I'm curious about the remainder of the loot quant that was removed. I know they made tweaks mid league, interested to see if things were improved on that front, but also the crafting front and gear progression route. If those things were modified positively, I will be interested in this league.

This is a good start. But still need Patch notes for a final decision.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info