3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

Sounds like a underhanded way to kill a few builds to me.
RIP conqueror efficiency early game boon
"
GGG wrote:
We're expanding the pool of mods available on magic and rare Jewels and are making their modifier values more generous so that players have better access to sources of ailment mitigation, with less investment.

Regular Jewels (i.e. Jewels that are not Abyss or Cluster Jewels) now have mods that provide Reduced Duration or Reduced Effect for a wider variety of ailments than before. Abyss Jewels now have mods that provide avoidance of various ailments.

Me in 3.14: Oh cool! They're making our lives better!

Me in 3.20: Oh.. so they're actually nerfing it by adding mod tiers and splitting ailment avoidance between effect and duration. Nobody wants 50% reduced duration and 50% reduced effect. It's 100% of one or the other. I know what you're up to, GGG.
Last edited by cfg3 on Nov 14, 2022, 3:52:21 PM
Yay! This is great, because honestly, most of the jewels are blah. There are only a very small # that I can think of that are "exciting" to find/get.
"
burdened with predictable

are you guys serious right now? how is this a burden, I don't understand the logic to removing good unique jewels from rewards and instead add more gambling for what is gonna be useless rare jewels.
Poggies, love them changes.
The post is too vague to spark much meaningful discussion. We need some actual numbers even if they are just ranges. To be clear, the pool of mods for jewels is increasing, and the pool for corruptions is also increasing. Unique jewel drops will be shuffled and some new unique jewels will be added to the pool. Some less valuable unique jewels will be removed.
So is this a direct buff or another "we add avoidance to jewels and cut it on other gear by 3/2??
Some other build-enabling Jewels that affect Golems can no longer drop but can be found from another more deterministic source. While we want you to discover this new source on your own during gameplay, we will say for clarity that these Jewels do not come from vendor recipes.

REALLY?

all builds can play "safe" while golem players need to find the way to get his BASIC jewels to the correct build funcionallity. If first days primordials are expensive, now will be impossible to reach in the first days of league making the build unplayable.
Good, though pending what exactly is removed :-)
Did you try turning it off and on again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info