Upcoming News Schedule

THE VISION AGAIN>???? *FILLS PANTS*

Just kidding don't listen to the drippybrains Chris, game design DOES require someone with a vision, and someone who can take the reigns. I don't love the outcome of every decision ever made but I'm willing to bet you don't either. Looking forward to what you guys have cooked up for 3.20 and already excited to play!
i like archnemesis....but not all the time. hopefully you will just change it to rarer archnemesis or probably even better a mapmod.
I hope you take a good new direction
Archnemesis should probably be first on that list :p
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How many league/core supporter packs in a year when POE1 & 2 coexist?
"
innervation wrote:
You could spend the 5th 'wild card' manifesto on clearing up terribly misrepresented viewpoints on reddit/forums about what you all think about your game and the players in the following areas:

The Vision - the widely held misconception that Chris/GGG literally hate the players and fun. Not figuratively or exaggerated. Literally hate. I read it again just today in a thread.

Bex once recently defended The Vision on reddit, reminding users that for whatever fault you find with it, it was the same Vision that carried the game to all of its past and present successes as well.

How long you expect or want people to play each league - the widely held misconception that adding pinnacle and aspirational content to give the .001% something to strive for equates to GGG's hope that the average player will play for '3 months on the treadmill' instead of getting to achieve everything in 'a reasonable amount of time' and thus spend more money while they're being 'retained'.

Trade/Auction House - the widely held misconception that GGG will ever add an auction house to the game or make trade easier. I know there's an old trade manifesto. If you still believe in it 100%, say so.

The absolute state of melee the widely held conception that melee is unplayably bad. You will see this opinion posted and upvoted in every thread where a new player asks for advice.

I could probably come up with more, but I believe these conceptions/misconceptions are doing real damage to your brand. Sometimes weighing in on a subject can be worse, but I don't think this is one of those cases.

Things done in spite of the vision where the ones that ppl loved the most (Chris was always very much resisting the idea of deterministic crafting and thats why they ended up butchering all instances of deterministic crafting from the game) And ppl loving those things did not stop them from removing them, i am not saying that they hate the playerbase but that they do not care if we like it or not they will follow what vision they have even if they did things that everyone loved that went against that vision.
You can't say it was the vision that carried it if they are removing the things that we loved it, either the vision changed or they should not remove what the vision carried...

How long do they want us to play? insane amount of hours if you plan to even do normal stuff as average players, top % that will play a lot anyway will get to any content they want carried by the insane amount knowledge of the game, they will be fine, they can get anywhere extremely fast, take a newbie player or even an average one and come tell me they don't need insane amount of time to even get to regular bosses, it would be a giant lie.

yah no one expect trade house anymore at least no one that have been half listening to GGG

Melee is not unplayably bad, melee is just extremely bad compared with range, melee tag that are basically ranged skills are fine, melee that are trully melee are awful, they need more investment for much less return and insane amounts of tankiness and damage that ranged builds do not need.

Lesson learned from 3.19:
Things that look sweet at first can have bitter aftertaste.
If you think that only a tweak or two to melee is warranted to bring it in line with other archetypes then you just aren't playing the game and aren't listening to the community.
Holding out hope for loot 2.0 AKA making items on the ground worth identifying. Hopeful that melee tweaks are going to actually mean something.

Worried that 'jewel and ailment changes' are going to further increase the gearing burden by moving ailment mitigation onto craftable items and off of the tree.

Worried that there doesn't seem to be a clear direction on Archnemesis mobs. This is what, the 6th time they have been reworked, and they were a big focus of Kalandra.

Worried that the game I love is becoming incrementally less fun as leagues go by.
Can't wait for 3.20.
Excited to see the next steps in PoE updates, have been running Kalandra league a lot after it got fixed, quite enjoyable experience with rarity actually mattering.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info