Announcing Ruthless

This sounds awesome. I'm a new player, and I've played exclusively HC. I'm the type of gamer that enjoys challenges and enjoys high difficulty settings. I feel that if I beat something on an easier difficulty setting, then it was really only a half-victory.

I am really looking forward to this mode. Players will have to be a lot more flexible with their builds. I'm willing to bet it will incentivize hybrid builds, as you will need to take advantage of the limited items and support gems that are at your disposal.

It should be a blast. Ruthless sounds like the hardcore/survival/arpg I've always wanted. Ty for this GGG. Don't listen to the haters. This is an awesome direction and I am willing to bet it will attract a different crowd and new players.
i love this
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Varana wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:

ps. I think Ruthless is still way easier than custom leagues.
In them you can permanently disable certain item rarities, flask recharges and make bosses way more difficult while Ruthless is basically just a slowed down gearing process.
Once you go above a certain threshold(different for each skills/builds) you gonna destroy content as it was before, since bosses are still the same.

I don't think this will happen, though, not for most.
Remember that optimised gear typically depends on buying a lot of ingredients (orbs etc) in bulk for crafting items: if these things are no longer dropping much, who'a going to be selling them? People can still play the same strategies, but it's much harder and slower, and there's much more opportunity cost in every orb, as they take longer to earn. Sure, players willing to put in 14 hours/day will advance faster, but who will they trade with if no one has anything? And an item might be "worth" 200c or 2 divs in regular league, but what if no one has more than 5c to offer because there's no chaos recipe?

Maybe if you play this in Standard it would end up at the same point, because eventually you'd get the necessary gear to run the yellow maps to run the legion to get the timeless jweels to ... but who would be playing Ruthless outside of leagues? That *would* be futile.

True it will not happen if people give it up early but if you're stubborn as i am you may reach the threshold and it will be like the usual affair we have now but instead of one day it may take one month instead ;)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Does this mean we can now have different balance for ruthless and the actual game, where we can get some fun back into the core game and move all the absolutely out of touch nerfs that more than half the community despises over to ruthless only? Elden ring just pulled this off to great success for the longevity of the game. This sounds like the perfect chance to craft an OPTIONAL mode that can be 100% of the "vision" without destroying the flow of a game built up and recognizable over a decade+ as being a fast, fun, loot-based ARPG.

Given that the chinese version of the game still has simple QoL and better events than the GGG version, I imagine if the vision continues the game will just slowly die off and the game will REALLY follow in Blizzard's footsteps, that being chasing the dream of the larger chinese market for money while ruining all reputation outside of it.
"
tbarabasz wrote:
Nice usage of development time for 0.01% of your users!

Well done!

Are you planning on selling GGG soon?

They already did. Tencent got 80% already.

That being said, they still are the main guys to control the game, but from what I feel Chris gave a lot of positions to newer or other guys, this may explain why the direction(The famous vision) is completely mismatched with the majority of the players.

3.15 was a joke. 3.19 was a disaster. Archnemesis/Ruthless/Crucible(Archnemesis 4.0?) - worst ideas. Ruthless is a joke, a waste of resources. PoE2(exilecon version) was super disappointing.
Last edited by vahu on Nov 2, 2022, 2:51:44 PM
This sounds sooooooo awesome!
I feel I'm one of the people this is for. If this was introduced earlier, I think it's what I would've been playing almost exclusively. As it is I'm taking a break atm due to AN (different discussion there), but yeah, two thumbs up to this idea though. Great stuff!
Very excited.
You mean to tell me I wasn't already playing this? xD

How about an EASY MODE for people like me that just want to fiddle around with builds
I'm gonna just say one thing : I've ctrl+f "Mana" and found nothing.

Your game is no fun before having a way to replenish / not use mana.

Without clarity, or lifetap, with only mana potions which you have to talk to some NPC to replenish (or do plenty of kills with no stuff, hmm), I'm really not looking forward playing this gamemode.

I can have fun having zdps.
I can't have fun if "my spirit is spent!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info