Announcing Ruthless

No.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:
I've played private leagues where you could only find white items and it wasn't as difficult as GGG makes it sound to be. The biggest hurdle in ruthless will be the lack of movement skills, but people will build accordingly and it'll no longer be a real issue.

But you had orbs drop normally, didn't you ?
You don't need to drop rare items if you can craft items without much trouble (especially if you trade with others), of course if you SSF such a league the beginning is probably much trickier.

Currency is going to be significantly harder to obtain in ruthless, especially since you will hardly get jewellery early on.

"
auspexa wrote:
Ruthless won't be difficult or anything, it'll just take time to get geared up. Logout macro still exists, deleveling isn't possible, the passive tree is the same, monster damage is the same. Things that take about a week for top end players will take a month instead at most but nothing else will change

given that some builds with a godly amount of gear can trivialise everything, by your logic nothing is ever difficult in PoE then ?

It is difficulty, it is more knowledge based difficulty maybe, but it definitely is difficulty.
On top of that, the exp penalty in maps is going to be apparently much more punishing than the current softcore leagues, making leveling up past level 70 literally much more difficult.

I don't remember how currency drops were, but ruthless will allow players to directly obtain rares anyway, which wasn't possible in that league. If you get one rare per map, you're likely to get a pretty good set of gear in less than a week. I expect ruthless league starters to be movement speed stacking builds to repeatedly run stuff like BA and low tier white maps and it won't matter much in the end.

true, nothing is difficult in poe if you're playing a meta build with an op skill. because every single league there are 2-3 builds that can trivialize the entire content with average gear and ggg is awful at balancing the game. otherwise people like ben wouldn't be able to kill ubers in less than a week. I played a trapper to the endgame for the first time this league and couldn't believe how easy the game actually is. the difficulty of poe mostly comes from its depth and gear progression, and ruthless seems to add some artificial difficulty but the thing that matters the most, monster damage, is unchanged.

I think the exp penalty is a joke until they implement deleveling and prevent logout macros, so I don't expect that to change anything. it's not hard to not die in poe, but people die a lot because they just don't care.

thus, ruthless will be very difficult for people who don't know much about poe and its systems, but barely anything will change for top players. things will take longer to achieve but that's about it, it's nothing more than a tricky grindfest. I expect non-ssf versions in particular to be trivialized quickly because aurabots will be very valuable and very useful in ruthless, as auras are even more powerful when your gear is subpar
Last edited by auspexa on Nov 2, 2022, 4:09:54 AM
i dislike this but, i am quite happy that it's been introduced. i m pretty sure there are many players that would like to try this game mode.

definitely not for me but i love that theres more modes to play poe.
[Removed by Support]
"
D1amxnd wrote:
Still feel like 1% will try this and 0.1% will keep playing it, imo a waste of time and resources.

That sounds like the plan anyways but hey it certainly a good ground to direct those who think the game is too easy but barely ever accomplish anything on the seasonal ladder at all despite how easy they say it is.
Last edited by Chaplin132000 on Nov 2, 2022, 3:44:47 AM
"
auspexa wrote:
I expect ruthless league starters to be movement speed stacking builds to repeatedly run stuff like BA and low tier white maps and it won't matter much in the end.

That is a concern that I also have to be honest.

"
auspexa wrote:
I think the exp penalty is a joke until they implement deleveling and prevent logout macros, so I don't expect that to change anything. it's not hard to not die in poe, but people die a lot because they just don't care.

Well, if you loose more and more exp each time you die, you eventually get hard stuck until you entirely stop dying until you level up, which means it drastically reduces room for "mistakes".

Regarding the "it's not hard to not die" in PoE, I agree with you to some extent ... as there are scenario where you actually get nuked (otherwise many more would play HC, I was playing HC until scourge and I encountered more than a few BS rips until I simply considered that it was not worth it anymore).

Archnemesis also increased the probability of finding a BS situation I feel also (bugs too, I have been one shot by an invisible brine king from a touched mob in a blighted map this league for example ... or the other day I got exploded by volatiles that really felt like they were not really visible until a split second before they all went boom)

I expect this game mod could make leveling quite more interesting than what it is at the moment, but it might not be that much of an extra difficulty layer for top players indeed.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I knew it deep in my heart.... ProjectPT was right about his vision.
I thought hardmode was in alpha by opening 3.19 league. Can we get our fun back? I'm sick of all AN shit.
you should just make poe for all the streamers and hardcore poe fans and make poe 2 for the everygamer who just wants to play a game and not have to learn an encyclopedia of content to understand a game. been playing since 2013 but for me it has become so very overcomplicated, each update just adds more and things you need to do, all content should be made accessible to everyone no?
or just make a casual poe with really good drops or something idk...
Decreased Drop Rate!
How about No!
"Enough of this. I won't play it, thank you." - Tujen
Thailand Player
Collossal waste of time, UNLESS this makes it possible to bring the fun back into the base game. But since i highly doubt that, its probably just a waste of time anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info