Announcing Ruthless

Not a fan of "Does not Exist"- modifications. You could just tweak their rarities to ridiculous levels similar to Mirror of Kalandra instead of making stuff like Veiled Orbs impossible to find. Same with Divination Cards, make them very rare instead of nonexistent.

Same with Vaal Side Areas, make them have dangerous red map mods and brutal difficulty from the start, while making them very rare to find instead of outright removing them.

Same with movement abilities, you could make them have really long cooldowns instead of outright removing them. That way they're still effective dodge mechanics for bosses without having people spam the movement skill to move faster in the map.

"Extremely Hard To Find Content"-sounds cooler than "Game Mode with Less Content."
A loot based game without loot. Sounds like fun, not.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Did anybody actually ask for this? Is this something someone actually would want to play? I don't get it.
I'm fine with this assuming anyone wants to play it - otherwise it took development time away from what should be the priority. I have a feeling that quite a few will try it, hardly anyone will continue. Meme is what the young folks call it.

Anyway, this is what GGG should do after the embarrassment of 3.19: make crafting great, revert previous league drops, eliminate the crazy loot goblins. That is all that is necessary to fix the main game. As far as I am concerned AH is in good enough shape except for how GGG decided to make the drops all or nothing (for the most part).
"
muraix wrote:
Did anybody actually ask for this? Is this something someone actually would want to play? I don't get it.

They are always good at nerfing or deleting what we want and adding what no one ever use.
FFA loot might make melee viable again, as they will pick up all the loot before the ranged guy arrives from offscreen.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
As far as I am concerned AH is in good enough shape except for how GGG decided to make the drops all or nothing (for the most part).

I think it should be described as nothing or almost nothing. Without enough rarity or luck, Luna/Sola/Shakali's touch only drops 1-4 chaos and something filtered.
"
auspexa wrote:
"
Estrn wrote:
Finally, so streamers can quit whining about how easy the game is. If they don't like it, just make it another 10 times harder. Thank you GGG

this has been said many times and I'll repeat it. ruthless seems easier than most gauntlets, because monster damage is unaffected.

I don't think that somebody who's never played SSF and/or HC could understand honestly ...

The availability of gear in this game is pretty much everything when it comes to difficulty.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 2, 2022, 3:14:50 AM
Vanga: on the third day of Ruthless release they made loot goblins, on the fifth they cleared all content, onth the seventh they rested and said: 'Ruthless is dead'
Politeness is a weapon!
"
Fruz wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:
"
Estrn wrote:
Finally, so streamers can quit whining about how easy the game is. If they don't like it, just make it another 10 times harder. Thank you GGG

this has been said many times and I'll repeat it. ruthless seems easier than most gauntlets, because monster damage is unaffected.

I don't think that somebody who's never played SSF or HC could understand honestly ...

The availability of gear in this game is pretty much everything when it comes to difficulty.

I've played private leagues where you could only find white items and it wasn't as difficult as GGG makes it sound to be. The biggest hurdle in ruthless will be the lack of movement skills, but people will build accordingly and it'll no longer be a real issue.

Ruthless won't be difficult or anything, it'll just take time to get geared up. Logout macro still exists, deleveling isn't possible, the passive tree is the same, monster damage is the same. Things that take about a week for top end players will take a month instead at most but nothing else will change.
Last edited by auspexa on Nov 2, 2022, 3:14:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info