Announcing Ruthless

prevent logout macros from being usable.

implement deleveling upon dying with low exp. heck, even the main game needs this change.

until then it's still too easy.
"
auspexa wrote:
prevent logout macros from being usable.

implement deleveling upon dying with low exp. heck, even the main game needs this change.

until then it's still too easy.

Great point. There should be a delay after logout. 2 seconds would likely be enough to stop abuse
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Ima just create a std character on this mode and play from time to time and experience 2014 POE all over again.
Logout macros are the entire reason I don't care about hardcore trade leagues, so yeah they should definitely look into preventing them from being used via disconnect delays or something.

I hope they tune down monster damage scaling or retune/remove AN mobs in ruthless. I don't think they'll be manageable at all in any realistic capacity. Stray 1 shots from them if they happen to have pretty much any lightning skill is going to be really frustrating.
Last edited by TheChosenWoon on Nov 1, 2022, 10:12:13 PM
Now that FINALLY Chriss has his hard mode that he so desparately wanted will you STOP NERFING EVERYTHING?

Players loving extreme grinds can play that. The rest of us don't want a game that feels like a job!
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Love non-HC challenges that can slow down the game while adding some flavor, like gucci hobo, no-stash, etc. But man, from that list of changes, Ruthless looks like the equivalent of swimming through wet cement. Maybe that's fun tho, never tried it.
It sounds ruthless, but no move skills makes it too slow to be attractive
In the old days before vendors sold Gems, players like myself would gather Gems for one build by making temporary characters to re-complete Quests with Gem rewards. It was a time consuming, but still much faster than praying for random Gem drops. We could get every necessary Gem aside from Reduced Mana (aka Inspiration Support) and Added Chaos Damage.

Ruthless mode reverts to that pointless trudge. Players are just going to re-complete Siosa's quest and use the Stash to collect the Gems for one character.

On the one hand, Ruthless wants to make random Gem drops feel great. On the other, players don't want to waste time grinding against RNG when a 100% reproducible alternative exists. I suggest a compromise: Let vendors sell Active Skill Gems, but have Support Gems be drop-only.

Regarding the removal of movement skills, I suppose one argument is that it makes the circular Ice Wall mod on Rares more dangerous, but even that could be surpassed with a weapon swap dedicated to Consecrated Path. But that chance encounter is not worth taking away players' ability to traverse the area faster.

The compromise I have in mind might be a technical challenge: Leave the movement skills in, but make them unable to cross gaps (except in Pillars of Arun?). Also make it so that all movement skills are blocked by enemies and Ice Walls. That way, players can still use movement skills to overcome the time-consuming chore of getting from point A to point B.

The removal of movement skills also brings up the question of what would happen to some things like Bronn's Lithe and Star of Wraeclast. I presume the latter's vendor recipe would be disabled.
This looks tight
"
kiwamisan wrote:
In the old days before vendors sold Gems, players like myself would gather Gems for one build by making temporary characters to re-complete Quests with Gem rewards. It was a time consuming, but still much faster than praying for random Gem drops. We could get every necessary Gem aside from Reduced Mana (aka Inspiration Support) and Added Chaos Damage.

Ruthless mode reverts to that pointless trudge. Players are just going to re-complete Siosa's quest and use the Stash to collect the Gems for one character.

On the one hand, Ruthless wants to make random Gem drops feel great. On the other, players don't want to waste time grinding against RNG when a 100% reproducible alternative exists. I suggest a compromise: Let vendors sell Active Skill Gems, but have Support Gems be drop-only.

Regarding the removal of movement skills, I suppose one argument is that it makes the circular Ice Wall mod on Rares more dangerous, but even that could be surpassed with a weapon swap dedicated to Consecrated Path. But that chance encounter is not worth taking away players' ability to traverse the area faster.

The compromise I have in mind might be a technical challenge: Leave the movement skills in, but make them unable to cross gaps (except in Pillars of Arun?). Also make it so that all movement skills are blocked by enemies and Ice Walls. That way, players can still use movement skills to overcome the time-consuming chore of getting from point A to point B.

The removal of movement skills also brings up the question of what would happen to some things like Bronn's Lithe and Star of Wraeclast. I presume the latter's vendor recipe would be disabled.

With the movement skills gone, most people will play builds that have access to as much movement speed as possible, elusive, tailwind and they'll most likely run haste as well. Slow builds will simply be too inefficient and won't be able to farm anything, not only because they're slow but because movement speed will be one of the biggest defensive layers in such an environment. I expect to see a lot of deadeyes constantly farming low tier content for currency and gems, similar to how people farmed glacier in legion league. Personally I'm planning to make a deadeye/assassin scion (or just play somethig like cobra lash deadeye with nightblade, if it's not completely gutted) and use withering step as the main movement skill to just speed farm white maps. Withering step's downside won't matter in a scenario where movement skills don't exist.
Last edited by auspexa on Nov 2, 2022, 12:47:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info