Announcing Ruthless

Im sure that this announcement made CW feel 10 years younger and game him a powerful one. Now if he could just delete the regular game, he would surely ascend to the pinacle of happiness.

This be the true mode of God, exiles...
Ruthless is an ingenious marketing experiment.

Can they hobble the game so much that people stop complaining about the atrocious loot drops and byzantine gambling "crafting" system, while simultaneously convincing players that it's deliberate and a good thing?

"
It's a challenging mode for a specific type of player.

"
It redefines the entire game as the endgame.

"
It contains a number of changes that make Path of Exile harder and allow skilled players to differentiate themselves from everyone else.

Pure marketing genius.

Having said that, I'll probably try it so I can be justified in hating it. Who knows? Maybe it'll be so fun I'll become a convert. 🤷
- here's my sig
I'll probably try it out but not start with it, like it would be nice to add it now since the league is extended. I'd try it out at this point of this league lol
extremely excited for this new mode. I already try to play every game dark souls style so why not play one of the best games ive ever played POE. I appreciate all the work you've guys have done. I feel no one should ever complain since this game is free and the content provides more than most games ever created IMO.
Ignore the naysayers, I'm genuinely excited - thanks Chris!
Finally. PoE HAS ARRIVED! I'm in. Signing up and crossing my fingers.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
I like how people dislike the changes in 3.19. And GGG is genuinely enough to create a whole "mode" that quadruple everything they did in 3.19, triple down on the "vision":
-Good drop come from loot on the ground
-No more deterministic farming, crafting
-Everything is "RNG base" for the pure adrenaline. Even the core stuff of your build: skill gem (eventho PoE's passive tree and skill gem progression is kinda player base power - lower the floor)

And called it "experiment". Didn't really know their attention but in the big picture seem hilarious to me
Man people are really missing the point and potential of Ruthless.

I'll probably play through it a bit, but won't focus on it.

However, for the core game there is tons of potential improvement that can come from ruthless.

If mechanics can't be dealt with when you can't 1 shot, don't have 500 defensive layers or near-instant movement, those mechanics will likely be changed in the core game. Not just ruthless. This lets heavy handed balance passes not face the same pushback that something like the support mana multiplier or flask changes faced in the past because those issues would have pre-emptively been made manageable via ruthless.

Mana leech should not be required. Absurdly high life/ES/leech/regen should not be required to survive. Ruthless will likely point out how to best approach things like these so that when monsters or content are scaled up to face the massive power scaling of base PoE, it is actually manageable via gameplay, rather than simply a stat check, or in other words something better than AN, which is just super juiced stats with little to no actual gameplay involved.
Last edited by TheChosenWoon on Nov 1, 2022, 10:02:26 PM
please poe 3.13 server next
"Ah, salutations my children... are you ready for your daily dose of smooth jazz?"
NICE!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info