widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"

1 - False, for two reasons that I see have already been stated about a dozen times each in this thread. You failing to understanding something is not the same as it not existing, and I'm pretty sure you know that and are just here arguing in bad faith because... honestly, who knows why, at this point? You've certainly devoted an impressive amount of your free time to this, which would be commendable if you were being even slightly reasonable about the whole situation.

2 - GGG didn't remove a feature, they fixed an exploit which allowed players to kill mobs and bosses from outside of said mobs' aggro range. And considering that Diablo 4 devs have already confirmed that ultrawide/multi monitor setups will also have peripheral black bars in that game, for literally the same exact reason PoE does, I expect you'll still be here shrieking into the void for a very long time without getting what you want. So good luck with that, I guess.

Possible solutions for offscreen shooting are:

- First, and the best: do not allow such situations in the first place. I am actually more familiar with Diablo 4 than many people (before D4 OBT starts at least), and pretty sure it won't have projectile skills wiping away screens of mobs a screen away from you, like PoE allows. Increasing projectile speed should not lead to increase in projectile flight distance.

- Second: if you've screwed up and your game has extra long range attacks, you can limit monster reveal radius. Let people see the landscape and non-hostile actors in full ultrawide, but monsters can be made fading away at specified distance, and cannot be damaged until player sees them again. It may be fog of war, may be per-mob fade out effect.

- Third: leave monsters targetable, but do not process collisions, hits, statuses, and damage if range from monster to nearest player exceeds specified distance. PoE already has proximity shields, this would be reversed and improved version of them.

I believe any of these options would feel less personally offensive to ultrawide screen owners than what GGG has chosen.
FIX IT
Day 202.

Fix it.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Day 203.

Fix it.
Day 204.

Fix it.
Well ... we always pay for stupids. Kids that exploited something that made the game fun got it removed. Grats to you exploiters, you pulled all of us downward to your level.

It feel quite a lot like what CCP did years and years ago in EVE. I was a carebear, high sec miner and industrialist, even with my own payers owned star base to manufacture and research. I had quite a lot of fun doing it. Having 2 account and casually mining with my Hulk and Orca while studying in Uni. But Mining and industrialist got so ... much ... exploited by bots and real money traders that CCP nerfed and nerfed and nerfed and nerfed again the industrialist career increasing the pew pew pew carrer of gate campers and war mongering players to a point of not really rulling out suicide bombing miners for fun even if by suicide bombing they lost 1M and you lost 1B by being killed.

I uninstalled POE months ago because of this move. There is no what I'll play with 2 massive black bar on a 1400$ screen. I came to see if they tracked back on it just to see this thing is still there. After seeing how cheating in Tarkov was so much wide spread, the absolute disaster of BF2042, the emptyness of MP in NFS Heat, the horror that fortnight or apex or the other one are, multiplayers gaming seems more and more dead. Might just stay American Truck Simulator on MP that is polite and fun to play where you can meet nice people and drive with them online.

I think I'd rather buy POE as a standalone offline game even if it means no market for gears ( with a more balanced drops of gears of course in that way ) than continue to want "online" gaming that add nothing and only remove fun to the game. But the gaming industry lately try to shove down our throat the fun of online gaming.

Anyway ... rant ending here.

I'll check back in 3-5 months. I'll go play Oxygen not Included or ATS or maybe a bit of free destiny 2 ( no way in hell I'm paying ever again for another online game with 3-4 months update cycle )
Nothing broken here. Aspect Ratios higher than 16:9 will be phased out within the next few years.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Mar 12, 2023, 9:01:59 PM
Yea it is sad, I mean if there was more feedback or communication it would certainly help. "it is what it is" is what I remember from the original post.

I mean I am still happy to play the game as it is, but it is very annoying and in games like Elden Ring, most require a simple fix to get them working.

I can understand it gives a competitive advantage in PVP but why not give the option in PVE only to have it full screen? idk....
Day 205.

Fix it.
Day 206.

Fix it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info