widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
Echothesis wrote:
Realistically, think they will only fix it with poe 2 release. They can afford ignoring current players feedback, because of "you made it to maps, we have your soul now", so this forum is at best a laughing stock to them, but keeping black bars in new major release would be too much (I hope, at least)

I'm more cynical. I guess they intentionally broke this as a part of preparation for the PoE 2 release.

So I think they need continued feedback that this is a horrible & indefensible decision that is without merit and needs to be reverted.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Day 197.

Fix it.
Day 198.

Fix it.
Day 199.

Fix it.
200 days of pretending it's 2001 and that black bars are an acceptable design choice.

Fix it.
Realtalk: do the people asking for this feature to be returned genuinely not understand how it was being used to exploit the game?

Or are they just unashamedly asking for their broken exploits back?

Because it has to be one of the two, right? It was removed for a REASON, guys.
"
Realtalk: do the people asking for this feature to be returned genuinely not understand how it was being used to exploit the game?

1) Seeing mobs at a distance in a non-competitive PvE game is not a problem

2) If, for whatever reason, the devs jusge it to be a problem nevertheless, the worst possible "fix" is to brick 10 years of support for a feature. There are plenty of ways to solve the problem that don't involve removing ultrawide support.

Black bars are not an acceptable solution. It needs to be fixed.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"

1) Seeing mobs at a distance in a non-competitive PvE game is not a problem

2) If, for whatever reason, the devs jusge it to be a problem nevertheless, the worst possible "fix" is to brick 10 years of support for a feature. There are plenty of ways to solve the problem that don't involve removing ultrawide support.

Black bars are not an acceptable solution. It needs to be fixed.

1 - False, for two reasons that I see have already been stated about a dozen times each in this thread. You failing to understanding something is not the same as it not existing, and I'm pretty sure you know that and are just here arguing in bad faith because... honestly, who knows why, at this point? You've certainly devoted an impressive amount of your free time to this, which would be commendable if you were being even slightly reasonable about the whole situation.

2 - GGG didn't remove a feature, they fixed an exploit which allowed players to kill mobs and bosses from outside of said mobs' aggro range. And considering that Diablo 4 devs have already confirmed that ultrawide/multi monitor setups will also have peripheral black bars in that game, for literally the same exact reason PoE does, I expect you'll still be here shrieking into the void for a very long time without getting what you want. So good luck with that, I guess.
Last edited by ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate on Mar 8, 2023, 11:51:21 AM
It is amazing to me that anyone thinks black bars are OK.

I do not agree - at all - with the idea that playing wider than 32:9 was an exploit. This is not a competitive game. This is not a PVP game. Seeing mobs at a greater distance does not provide any more meaningful a gameplay advantage than having a better PC or higher refresh rate screen.

In the ultra niche scenarios where the above is untrue, which are only two (PVP and prize money races), black bars could be used, but would still be a lousy solution.

In any case, acceptable solutions exist (fog of war, increase mob aggro range on ultrawides, provide adjustable camera zoom, etc).

In no case is slapping black bars on the whole game acceptable.

Fix it.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 8, 2023, 12:21:05 PM
Day 201.

Fix it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info