widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"

What advantage is there? They still get the same loot drops the rest of us do.

There is no meaningful advantage to 32:9 play in this game. Don't feed this guy. He's already said he doesn't play PoE and he's only able to reference PVP feedback when arguing against 32:9 support.
I'm glad GGG definitely CONFIRMED "NO" to these little cheaters in denial who had unfair advantage using the FOV from the side of the screen.
PVP is only a part: Delve, Corner screen against a boss... More FOV bad, 16/9 good, understand guys ? Maybe it's time to stop.
Zoom hack as the "hack" name for a reason.

:thumbup: GGG well done. And dont forget third party is not allowed and could lead your accounts to a ban.

"It's time to stop".
Fix it!

Thx for the bumps, white knights. You don't even get the point. Go and by some modern hardware and you will notice that what has been done is not a fix, but a bug, that is giving 21:9 players a huge advantage.

At least be honest, GGG and add "21:9 screen" to POEs minimum requirements!
Last edited by Jocker46 on Sep 7, 2022, 1:40:37 PM
It's amusing to watch white knights pretend 32:9 is a p2w unfair advantage but 21:9 and 240fps are not.

Revert this, GGG. Or go all the way and put a 1080p 30fps cap on the game, maybe. For fairness. Not everyone can afford a fast PC, after all, and this game is a very balanced competitive PVP game at its heart.
Last edited by Zucktheduck on Sep 7, 2022, 1:42:14 PM
Bump. Fix it, GGG!
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/x6k3ve/this_guy_made_my_day/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/x75exd/the_glory_of_poe_in_329_in_screenshots_wow/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/wwnhzl/goodbye_ultrawide_poe_329_5120x1440/
B-U-M-P
"
robmafia wrote:

it certainly gives advantages, especially in maps that are more horizontal and in instances like delve, where you'll have a much greater fov to see what is (or isn't) ahead.

at its core, it was/is supposed to be competitive. but i do agree that this hasn't really been the case for ages and matters much less now. damn near everyone who embraced the competitiveness already quit.

the pvp/racing arguments were only really mentioned to refute claims that wide resolutions were never complained about before... despite actually being some of the oldest complaints. the most relevant that pvp has to this is ironic (they can't just increase aggro range to adjust to the resolution due to invisible projectiles [proj go invisible beyond some range while they're still actually active, it's been a bane of pvp for ages] which would murder the shit out of you in quite unfair ways. so ggg's basically stuck with a series of bad solutions due to being unable/unwilling to fix that bug.

On a real 32:9 ultrawide display,it does not give an advantage. Not in Delve, not in mapping. As I said (and others said too with LoL), a wider field of view also mean more distracting/irrevelant informations on screen. It mostly is thoses irrevelent infos that draws your attention, and make you lose focus of the important and closer ones.
I understand that it may seem unintuitive at first, but that is obvious after several maps on this kind of displays.

So I really hope that GGG just revert it, 32:9 players would neither be bothered by the action range of the mouse, nor some idle mobs or visual glitches at the edges. We just want to play with a greater immersion.

What's funny too is that it's almost like the game is still there behind the black bars. If you have a item on your cursor and drag over there, the item goes behind the bar and the cursor stays on top of the bar. LMAO

Please GGG, just give it back.
"
Zucktheduck wrote:
Guys, stop arguing with the guy who doesn't play the game and who is trying to act like a game mode nobody plays (PVP) is justification for this obviously bad decision from GGG.

Also, bump. Please revert this change, GGG. Removing hardware support is not good.

that's not even remotely what i said, and i'm pretty sure delve isn't pvp.

"
Zucktheduck wrote:
It's amusing to watch white knights pretend 32:9 is a p2w unfair advantage but 21:9 and 240fps are not.

Revert this, GGG. Or go all the way and put a 1080p 30fps cap on the game, maybe. For fairness. Not everyone can afford a fast PC, after all, and this game is a very balanced competitive PVP game at its heart.

be careful what you wish for.

the alternative is to enable the resolution and increase the aggro range. as entertaining as this thread is, the ones about you all dying to invisible projectiles would be glorious.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Sep 7, 2022, 9:57:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info